Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

wow-typically a time when I'd check in and read but not post - but tonight I GOTTA!!!

Star....hell you even brought RC out of lurkdom!!!

Sweet Sweet Star. Delightful Starfish - bestower of awards and encouragement and love. - as Tess so aptly put....

DO you have any idea of the impact that you have with all of these people that you don't even KNOW???? You have become such a beautiful inspiration to people here...you ARE amazing.

Do you know when my mom died last year....I had to not only deal with that, but also family issues. I was sooo sooo so damn mad and annoyed with members of my family about so many things....

the only thing that helped me emerge from it all was when I started typing out my feelings on the computer. gosh....I will send you some. They are quite dysfunctional. I'm just saying this because maybe it would help you to get some things out "on paper"......it made a world of difference for me.....

Do NOT sell yourself short. Just imagine that all of those people in your "real" life..... knew the you in this life....and how amazing you really are....to all of us. It would give them all pause. That's for sure.
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

You guys have absolutely turned a horrible day into one of the best days I can remember. I thank you all for these sweet posts and I am going to read them over and over. It has been a very long time since I have felt that I added any value to anything. You dont know what you have done for me!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening friends!

Jenni, great job on staying AF through your event! Loved your "victory post" too by the way. It wasn't rambling at all, and you deserve to bask in that glorious clarity.

Hi Star, sending you some support. You really are one of the good ones. I always like your posts and you are such a great supporter in the nest. Even in AF life, we are allowed to have bad days. That is something that I need to remind myself of occasionally.

Have a great AF night everyone!
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1450684 wrote: You guys have absolutely turned a horrible day into one of the best days I can remember. I thank you all for these sweet posts and I am going to read them over and over. It has been a very long time since I have felt that I added any value to anything. You dont know what you have done for me!
          Sweet Star - we DO know what we have done for you. YOU have done the same for us. Rest easy. Check into The Nest tomorrow. You are loved!! :huggy
          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am getting in bed with my doggies and watching some tv and listen to some relaxation cd's
              Unless I run out of the house naked for a bottle of booze I think I have day three under my belt.
              Thank you all for your support. Could not do this with out all of you.

rednose:thanks:
              All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Newbies Nest

rednose;1450706 wrote: I am getting in bed with my doggies and watching some tv and listen to some relaxation cd's
                Unless I run out of the house naked for a bottle of booze I think I have day three under my belt.
                Thank you all for your support. Could not do this with out all of you.

rednose:thanks:
                Well done Red ....... Keep on trucking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Rednose- well done on 3 days

Star- Im sorry that you have to deal with negativity. As Lolab says you are an inspiration and big support to us here. Im relieved and glad to hear that you didnt let those negative vibes lead you to drink

Enjoy your weekend nesters, its off to work for me xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

I wanted a drink so bad last night. I know my husband brought vodka into the house. He tried to hide it but I saw it anyway (it's really hard to hide something from me). He wasn't being unsupportive - he uses it in his mead-making. It doesn't go into the mead, but it's part of keeping the fermenting mead from getting moldy or something.

I just wanted one drink. I have diet tonic water in the fridge, I have some lemon, voila - just one. And that's how normal people drink, isn't it? One drink on a Friday evening after a long week? Why not? What's so wrong with that?

But I started thinking how excited I have been all week to go to my jiu jitsu class this morning well-hydrated and not hung over so I can get through it without feeling like I am going to pass out. And then to krav maga right afterwards for 60 minutes of torment. And then I started thinking about how much weight I want to lose and how not drinking is helping me get there.

So yeah, I didn't have that drink.
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Great to hear your positive reports Red & Siren!
                      Ignoring those drinking thoughts & keeping your eye on yours goals is the way to succeed.

I have lots of things to do to keep me out of troouble today. What's everyone else doing?
                      Wishing everyone a positive AF Saturday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings to All,

Lav - Good morning to you! I've said this before (but, heck!, I'll say it again) I love to wake up to your morning posts and got to bed with your evening posts. The continuity of having you with me as I heal is very comforting. Thank you!!

I'm reading Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed. (Yes, I am always reading a book!) Cheryl writes:

"EVERY LAST ONE OF US CAN DO BETTER THAN GIVE UP."

rednose and Siren (and to All in their first couple of AF weeks) - I am so proud of you!! I know how tough the decision to stay sober can be. Hey, I'm only on Day 26. But I also know the joy of making the right decision. It feels great, doesn't it!!

Pinecone - It's always good to hear from you. You bring a steady voice to The Nest.

sweetpea - Off to work you go. I will be thinking of you. You are staying strong! Nice work!!

kuya - My wise and faithful guide!! Let's see, I think you are on Sunday morning at about 2:30. But I'm not sure! If so, I hope you are snuggled in and sleeping.

Byrdie - You will be along soon. Good Morning! The Nest always brightens when you fly in. Thank you for watching over us fledglings!!

lolab - I love your last post yesterday. The encouragement and support and "truth telling" that we give to each other in The Nest is vital to our recovery. Thank you!!

Starfish - Happy Saturday morning! Huddle with us in The Nest today. We love to "hang out" with you!!

K9 - You will be here with your group of cheerleaders (to paraphrase Byrdie). Can't wait! You bring bright colors and hope and fun to the nest. We need you! Sobriety needs to be fun!!

To ALL Nesters -- Have a fabulous AF day ~ :rockon:

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have so enjoyed reading everyone's posts.....you are all such a blessing to me!! I am now away for the weekend with just my husband....kids are home....this is a first time ever for me!!! We have never left the kids and gone off somewhere....I plan to use this time with my loving husband to try to explain to him why I don't drink anymore. He struggles with understanding. He just doesn't get it. He is not a problem drinker....just when a typical occasion presents itself. If only I could drink like him!!! Anyway, I looking forward to reconnecting with him ...I am so lucky to have such a wonderful loving husband even if he doesn't understand alcoholism....
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1450886 wrote: I have so enjoyed reading everyone's posts.....you are all such a blessing to me!! I am now away for the weekend with just my husband....kids are home....this is a first time ever for me!!! We have never left the kids and gone off somewhere....I plan to use this time with my loving husband to try to explain to him why I don't drink anymore. He struggles with understanding. He just doesn't get it. He is not a problem drinker....just when a typical occasion presents itself. If only I could drink like him!!! Anyway, I looking forward to reconnecting with him ...I am so lucky to have such a wonderful loving husband even if he doesn't understand alcoholism....
                            jenniech - I can read from your post that you will explain to your husband, in a gentle and sensitive way, why you don't drink. Your approach will help him to "hear" you, I believe. My husband is able to drink in the same manner as yours. And he would like me to be able to join him. But, of course, I can't -- and he does not totally understand why either. I have explained to my husband that my understanding of my affliction is that, for some reason (probably genetic), my brain processes alcohol differently than his does. Once alcohol hits MY brain, something changes, and I am not able to stop drinking without tremendous effort. It's not unlike other things that can malfunction with the body: Type 1 diabetes is a good example.

Enjoy your get-away with you husband. ~ :heart:

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning dear nest mates.

Here's to a wonderful AF day for all of us. Just checking in before I continue my usual busy Saturday. So very, very proud of you - red and siren!!! That's the way to do it. Like Byrdie says, each and every day you put between yourself and alcohol is a good one!
                              Jennie- you sound great! Good luck with your talk today. I know you will say the right things. I will be praying for you. My hubs does not understand it either so I know what you are going thru.
                              Typing from my phone, so please forgive errors. Love to pinecone, lav, Tess, and all other posters this morning. Let's MAKE it a great day!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops forget my sweet pea!

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X