Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's all about degree Slay, if a man were to hit a woman publicly, even at half the force she used he would be ostracised. This is not fair either.
    There are men subjected to domestic violence also and the shame and stigma and fear is worse for them cos no one sympathises.

You know I was in an extremely violent relationship and understand well how you are feeling BUT tolerating public aggression and suffering domestic violence are two very different things I believe.

Domestic violence is about control and lack of respect. I was once told by a police officer that a man who hits you has no respect for you, whatever they claim.

We live in a world where people pay to watch people hit each other, a world where parents still justify smacking their children.

People can be and are violent Slay, you can only work to keep those type of people at arms length.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1451134 wrote: It's all about degree Slay, if a man were to hit a woman publicly, even at half the force she used he would be ostracised. This is not fair either.
      There are men subjected to domestic violence also and the shame and stigma and fear is worse for them cos no one sympathises.

You know I was in an extremely violent relationship and understand well how you are feeling BUT tolerating public aggression and suffering domestic violence are two very different things I believe.

Domestic violence is about control and lack of respect. I was once told by a police officer that a man who hits you has no respect for you, whatever they claim.

We live in a world where people pay to watch people hit each other, a world where parents still justify smacking their children.

People can be and are violent Slay, you can only work to keep those type of people at arms length.
      Okay... so I am all for "lively discussion," but I want to restore some sense of security to The Nest. I was violently assaulted as a six-year-old, but Newbies Nest, in my opinion, is not the time or the place for such discussions. Let's take it outside.

I love All of you in The Nest. :stop:
      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
      pointed the way
      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey kuya, thanks for the reminder about honeysuckles moon. You are great at remembering those things. I did moon her over in roll call this Mornin and then left her a message in the nest that her moon was over there. Butt (haha) just to be on the safe side- here goes again!
        Honeysuckle has SEVEN DAYS. Woot!!!
        :moon:
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1451153 wrote: Okay... so I am all for "lively discussion," but I want to restore some sense of security to The Nest. I was violently assaulted as a six-year-old, but Newbies Nest, in my opinion, is not the time or the place for such discussions. Let's take it outside.

I love All of you in The Nest. :stop:
          OMG Tess ......we got carried away methinks, apologies.

Sometimes us oldies forget which thread we are on or lose track......normal service will now be resumed

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1451155 wrote: OMG Tess ......we got carried away methinks, apologies.

Sometimes us oldies forget which thread we are on or lose track......normal service will now be resumed

I love you, kuya!! And I love you, Slay!!

You both make me laugh.

"Normal service will now be resumed." Merci!

"The light in me honors the light in you."
            Namaste, dear friends, Namaste. :chick:

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1451159 wrote: I love you, kuya!! And I love you, Slay!!

You both make me laugh.

"Normal service will now be resumed." Merci!

"The light in me honors the light in you."
              Namaste, dear friends, Namaste. :chick:
              Likewise Tess.....and I will add, the fighter in me honours the fighter in you :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                Well my manager has thrown me under the bus for the last time. I put in for retirement on Friday. I will tell her on the 1st. I invited HR to the meeting just in case it gets ugly. i will get a whopping 150 a month in pension and that should keep me at the gym, a redhead and toes painted in the summer. Anything beats nothing I say...
                I feel good about my decision. Next year i can pick up another small pension from another job I had way back when. Hoping to get dads house rented so that will help too. DH is happy that i am finally leaving so we can travel a little while his health is good. And he is 16 years older than me so that is an issue too.
                I will be so happy to be rid of that toxic place and person...wooHoo
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Dottie!! I'm sure a great weight has lifted from your shoulders....Like Kuya's byline says...get happy or die trying! You are on your way to getting happy and I'm glad for you!
                  Happy Saturday night all...got the house in order today ...watched Hope Springs with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones...it was very good, enjoyed it. You all must be jealous of my jet-setting life!!! :H Have a safe, sober night nesters!! Love, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well... I'm a little worried. Hubby went to visit his sis, and then he called to say he is bringing home spaghetti w/ meatballs... and Lambrusco wine. Okay, I hear the garage door. Yikes. Gotta go!!

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1451168 wrote: Evening all,
                      Well my manager has thrown me under the bus for the last time. I put in for retirement on Friday. I will tell her on the 1st. I invited HR to the meeting just in case it gets ugly. i will get a whopping 150 a month in pension and that should keep me at the gym, a redhead and toes painted in the summer. Anything beats nothing I say...
                      I feel good about my decision. Next year i can pick up another small pension from another job I had way back when. Hoping to get dads house rented so that will help too. DH is happy that i am finally leaving so we can travel a little while his health is good. And he is 16 years older than me so that is an issue too.
                      I will be so happy to be rid of that toxic place and person...wooHoo
                      Dottie
                      Good for you Dottie.....life is for living :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess...remember my saying, No matter what and no matter who. The reason I put no matter WHO in there is just for husbands, bosses and other people who matter. But no matter WHO they are, NO is NO. Stick to your guns...there is a thread on here tonight about someone who blew a 20something day streak and just sick over it. It's NOT worth it...Protect your quit with all you've got!

Slay, are you OK?? Stay safe! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can someone help me...

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can't stop crying...

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess what is up???
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, I want you to know that i am going to check in later. I love All of you. I am having a hard time breathing. My husband is yelling.

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X