Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

awesome!!! very good. Now, you just have to rhyme with the way it was INTENDED to be pronounced...(I've always said that it was obvious that I came up with name in a very hungover state...)

it's not LO-Lab....it's Lola B.

oh hell, Jolie always called me Lo. Does that work? :H

now that I've totally messed with everybody's heads.....
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

And I really agree, with Byrdlady, you see-
      You're a gem in the nest
      To that, we attest
      For we know of no other, not sister nor brother-
      Who could start all these rhymes over their trying times-
      With a wee bit of a jerk, who works as a clerk-
      Making you shed a tear over unleaded beer!

I'll stop now!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

and nosugar. We're all pulling for you today.

The amount of confidence you will gain after gaining this Monday milestone is HUGE. :-) Great going!
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG STAR!!!!!!!!!!! Not you, too!!! :H:H:H
          Bahaha Unleaded Beer!!!!!!!! I can't see for laughing!!! Yall are killing me with rhyme!!! I had no idea that Star was so talented! Literally laughing out loud (and it feels good!!!) Thanks all! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darn!!

It's Lola - B

There's a lassie, she's called Lola - B
            A name I real like, dontcha see?
            It's simple and pretty
            All the boys of her city
            sing "D'ya see Lola-B, she's for me!"

I'll stop bothering youse all :H :H

(Now, where did I put me pills?)

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC and Lola B- sittin in a tree....:kissyface:

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lol3:

see, I knew that'd open it up for more rhymes...:H ooo la la!

Byrdie, I laughed at the unleaded, too....:-)
                ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sweetpea, a very hearty congratulations on your 30 days (well 30 plus a couple at this point). I'm so happy for you. I had some minor fatigue, only periodically and some other minor issues for a few months after quitting. I think it takes a long time for the body and brain to heal and re-adjust. Your focus on being "selfish" and gratitude are big keys to this thing. You might have had support here, but you did all the heavy lifting yourself, so Kudos to you!!!

Lola, your post about negative thoughts "taking over" struck a chord with me. I used to have that too, and it was hard to deal with. AF life is the relief from that state, for me. It's another part of that dark world that is not part of my life anymore. Whatever alcohol can be for some people, it is something evil for me, and I'm very glad for the realization. After being AF for a little while, I just "know" that AF is how I'm supposed to be. Thanks again for the though provoking post. I'm glad you posted that because it helped me today. I knew it was Lola-B but I can't help reading it Lolab (which does sound cool )

ODAT, great to see you. Hope you post again later.

Star, you are such a gentle person! I would have been cursing the credit card company for being a bunch of @#$%^%$% ^ @#$%$%s! Having those moods slowly eroded away from us is such a beautiful process, like restoring a painting. The real us is under there, and this is how we expose it.

Hi to all my friends, see you later! Have a great AF afternoon.
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you ALL for your encouragement!!!!

I mean that with my whole heart and soul. When we are surrounded by such darkness, we may need someone to point us toward the light. I've been fortunate to have an angel make her presence known and lift her finger toward that light when I felt like all hope was gone and then listen to the elders sing along and a few choir members ring in with chimes. I'm still surrounded by the darkness, but I can see a glimpse of that light and a path to get there which renews hope. Hope is what we all need to continue the fight.

A few things that obviously didn't take root earlier on seem to be speaking louder to me in this current place in my journey. I suppose we aren't always ready to understand something fully until we experience something else we need to 'get' it. At our lowest times, we tend to gain the most strength, but oh bloody hell it is so damn hard to survive some of those lows and learn those lessons. I've felt like this time it was really going to swallow me and not spit me back out. To be brought to that kind of place with that kind of confusion...I officially label that hell on earth.

Has it taken me until the age of 50 and being brought to such levels of pain and misery to scream...aaaaahhhhhhhh, I CAN'T BE PERFECT ANYMORE...I CAN'T TRY TO BE PERFECT ANYMORE. I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS ILLUSION ANYMORE...MEETING EVERYONE'S NEEDS. I'M BROKEN! I'M DOWN ON MY KNEES LABORING TO BREATHE, TO SURVIVE ANOTHER MINUTE, ANOTHER HOUR, ANOTHER DAY! I'M HURT; I'M ABOUT DEAD AND WISHING I WERE...CONSUMED WITH PAIN...I'M EMPTY!

Let it go...let it out...lift your hands to the sky and whisper...I can't take anymore...take a deep breath and...from the ashes comes the rebirth.

I found this song I think is rather fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGw8EjkFP18[/video]]Shawn McDonald - Rise - YouTube

Fallen Angel, Loba b, Brydie, Running Courage, Startfish, Tess, Hipster and all the rest who I may not have read yet or missed, THANKS FOR BEING HERE!

RC, a thought on your comment about courage as it seems to run as a theme in your thread of struggles...it's amazing what it takes us to be truly human and relinquish our protective armor that has the super human logo carved in big letters upon it. Knowing we are running programs accumulated throughout our lives is different than turning them off in broad daylight. Courage, indeed!

Lola, I do believe that is the nail on the head. I'll trust you and FA while I work through the darkness in the valley and to climb up on the hilltop you both are perched on.

Love,

Slay
                    :l:h:l Attached files [img]/converted_files/2041193=7367-attachment.jpg[/img]
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are so good to me, pinecone! I really appreciate you!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rabsy,Rabsy why didnt you see.
                        The ladys name is Lola B,
                        Trying to kid us on I wage,
                        But its your heid not your body thats under age!!!:H

But dinna worry or fret my friend
                        Itll be alright in the end,
                        No more to be a cheeky wee pup,
                        But old like us and all grown up

the Bard
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1452350 wrote: RC and Lola B- sittin in a tree....:kissyface:
                          *snigger*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ya pinecone n everyone, I am around! Todau is a good day for me, depression lifting, still feel no want to drink (scares me to type that even) and were having steak for dinner, a rare treat (pun intended lol)anyway, ill post later.
                            ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy chases a housefly!

Out of my car,
                              Over a star,

Into a lake,
                              Over a snake,

Onto a mouse,
                              Over my house,

Under a branch,
                              With a quick dance,

Over the moon,
                              Came down too soon,

Fell on a car,
                              Flopped in my jar.

THE END!
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Right folks..thats going off out the nest,
                                Look after our byrdie cos she is the best,
                                the nest is cosy..mosty comfy youll find,
                                The advice..straight,helpful and kind

cya
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X