Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

ron9491;1452483 wrote: Just getting started. Up all night reading the book and motivated. Saw my DR this afternoon to get Tomapax (sp>).She would not prescribe since I am on low grade Effexor and thinks there is a problem mixing the two. Willing to go off Effexor to try this. I am so frustrated! Went online and see no contraindications with the two. Any experience with Tomapax & antidepressants?
    I would say that drinking may be adding to your depression and Topamax can help stop the craving for alcohol. With alcohol gone the depression may lift. It's very disheartening that so much of the medical profession see alcoholism as a "Bad Behaviour" rather than a life threatening disease. You can goggle Topamax no rx and find an off shore site or you can get it from River Pharmacy that helps sponsor this site. Good luck with the meds. I tried Topamax but Baclofen works better for me.
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here you go Ron - a link to the meds forum: Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Take care and read up!
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I need to get with the times and figure out these links...I'm still in the stoned ages!! :H

Thanks Hippy and Siren....
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1452500 wrote: I need to get with the times and figure out these links...I'm still in the stoned ages!! :H

Thanks Hippy and Siren....
          STONED AGES...lol
          Please learn so you can teach me!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

No one is really stoned around here I'm sure

Sweetpea, CONGRATS to you on your 30 AF days

Slay, when I first started here I was told to just take that leap of faith. I had such fear of the unknown too. Living without my crutch...could I do that? Yes, we all can do that & do quite well!

Hello & welcome Ron!
            I would say most of us have gone thru the program without using any meds. A strong commitment & a solid plan worked for me. Wishing you the best on your journey

Happy to report the snow/ice mix has stopped falling & the temp is rising, yay!!
            Looking forward to 50+ degrees tomorrow ~ weird weather!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Just a quick post...been busy today. Hello to all the Newbies! Welcome...we are glad you are here. Stick close to us...you CAN do this, and we can help!

I drank 100 ounces of water today...then I did the math and realized I was drinking 144 ounces of beer every night...when I see the size of that 100oz. bottle...yikes. :egad:
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sweetpea29;1452447 wrote: Youse are all a very talented and funny bunch
                Love you, sweetpea :exclaim: You ARE a sweet pea! You've done so well. My hat's off to you!! :man:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi. Ron and welcome! You do sound very motivated by reading the mwo book and researching online. I think that's a great sign that you are really ready to quit. That's awesome. You have found a great wealth of information by visiting this website. The informaton byrdlady gave you about visiting the meds thread is great advice. I am sure someone there will be able to answer your questions. We also hope you will hang out in the newbies nest. We are always ready to help!

P.S. Did someone say full moon?:moon:LOL
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The nest is pure theatre today,
                    Which is why we succeed, I would say,
                    With stories and verse
                    There's no chance we'll nurse
                    Another hangover coming our way.

BTW Ron, if you dare to ever check back here......this behaviour is atypical and once the full moon has passed, normal service will be resumed

( Tess )

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:H:H

Kuya!! I'm telling you this is the best nest ever!! Bahahaha! B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1452604 wrote: The nest is pure theatre today,
                        Which is why we succeed, I would say,
                        With stories and verse
                        There's no chance we'll nurse
                        Another hangover coming our way.Y

BTW Ron, if you dare to ever check back here......this behaviour is atypical and once the full moon has passed, normal service will be resumed

( Tess )
                        Honest to Goodness, kuya, you have real talent!! Your stanza is quite good!! Can't wait to hear the rest of it!!

Yes, and not to be too bold, but for any newcomers, please know that Newbies Nest is a place to gain information about alcoholism, a tremendous place of support, a place where you are welcomed and can feel free to be yourself, a place of hope for All who have lost hope. Stay with us.

There are many who have achieved long-term sobriety who are here to support you. They don't have to be here: there is no salary - no health insurance - no paid vacation, but they want to extend a hand and pull you up from the hell that you are experiencing.

The best advice I am able to offer (as a Newbie on alcohol-free Day 28) is to keep posting on The Nest. Honestly!! People who have been in your shoes will fly in and give you love and support (and accountability) like you've never had before.

Welcome! You are loved. :heart:
                        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters. Just a quick peek in the nest before bed and what a day you've all had. Lots of fun with rhymes going on I see.
                          Slay, I know it's not been fun and games for you, and I feel for your pain. Take care of yourself, you are much loved and respected here.
                          Busy here and finding it difficult to find time to post (as well as the privacy I need to do it).... But looking forward to day 29 tomorrow.
                          Will be tucking under my branch to secure myself in the nest tonight. Sweet dreams everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's a must do!

Thank you, New Day. I felt that in my heart.:l:h

Lav, I'm doing just that the last two days. What seems strange to me this time around is I'm learning how some others have felt here for the first time in some aspects that I didn't feel when I came here in August going through my first AF attempt. It's a different set of feelings and understandings coming to light this time. Different circumstances and motivations as well. As I'm questioning things I am remembering ahhh, now I truly know how such and such felt. I haven't fallen back into a full blown relapse, but in the darkness of my personal life, I felt like I had to grab onto something or I just wouldn't make it through. I went back to some drinking buddies for company...anything to survive it. The pain was excruciating and although I am not out of the pain, someone reaching out a hand in the darkness held out some light...just enough for me to not give up completely to the pain. It's a hell of a place to be, and we know how alcohol makes it even more hellish once we start to find some hope, but I don't wish this suffering or confusion on anyone. How very much some of us have to suffer, but someone showing love can work magic!

There really are angels in this world! I quit believing that and then there she was.:h So, whoever is reading this, know the power that love has to heal a wounded soul and share some. It's the best medicine in the world. We need to become what we want to see in this world. Love and hope are powerful weapons.

Love,

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just starting

Very hopeful but scared it won't work. Exhausted of the pattern. Should I do hypnotherapy and herbs even tho Dr won't prescribe Tomapax? Thanks
                              :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just beginning and scared. Dr won't prescribe Tomapax due to my antidepressant.
                                Should I still pay for hypnotherapy tapes and herbs?
                                :new:

Comment

Working...
                                X