Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hippy, love your avatar. I'm craving fresh veggies too. I think a trip to our Whole Foods store is in the plan for me today. An enormous crunchy salad for dinner I think.
    :notes:
    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Flying by to wish everyone a Happy AF Humpday

No one ever said this would be an easy journey & that's OK. We learn a lot about ourselves along the path to health & freedom. Mostly we learn the value of honesty & integrity. We win when we stop lying to ourselves

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1453428 wrote: to my fellow nesters:
        thanks for keeping it all real....it really really helps.

Here is where my head is at right now:
        I am an alcoholic
        I want to quit
        I am ready to quit....
        No, that isn't totally true....I want to be ready to quit.....why can't I honestly say I am absolutely ready?
        I quit for nine weeks last year, it wasn't hard but I wasn't ready either. I had to get just a bit sicker, sadder and desperate to be ready.
        All I want is to let you know that acceptance does come and is a joy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

For many, many YEARS I wished I could moderate but as Kuya said... when I was a child I wished I could fly ! I think that jumping off a sky scrapper and flapping my wings would be about as successful as me trying to drink in moderation! :bang:flyingunders::no!::chute::angelgirl: Thank GOD that Angels watch over!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Staying home today to take care of hubby. Guess he has the flu..throwing up and all. yuck but I cant leave him alone or i would worry myself. Will try to get a little work done from here. I dont feel so hot either. Not sleeping well. Just too darn much going on right now. sigh...
            back later,
            Dottie
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Fellow Nesters......well, here it is, day 30.....my first goal has been reached (along with Tess and Kairos.....nice to have you both as teammates). I know the 2 of you plan to continue on AF.
              I'm going to take it one day at a time for now, as my original desire was to moderate. Now that I know I can do a stretch of AF, it may work, it may not. I know there are others that have gone on to successfully moderate, so I will see. But for the next few days I will continue AF. I don't have any social plans coming up and I won't be celebrating today with a glass of wine.....I will do something else for myself instead......like going to my yoga class and doing my mind and body some good.

To those just beginning their AF days.....it truly does get easier as they days go by....just hang in there.

So here's to another wonderful AF day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kairos and New Day....on behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest...It is with great pleasure that I issue to each of you, a Major Award....Your hats! New Day>>>:day5:>>Kairos :day5:
                I don't know about you, but when I began my journey, 30 days seems absolutely impossible...Until I did it. We all KNOW the work and dedication that went into this milestone. As I always do, would you have a few words for our New Newbies...as to how you were able to do it, and what you have learned? Thank you so much for being part of this site...as I always say, we have LOTS of success here!! Thank you! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:heartsnflowers: :grouptrophy:EXCELLENT!!!
                  New Day;1453492 wrote:
                  Good Day Fellow Nesters......well, here it is, day 30.....my first goal has been reached (along with Tess and Kairos.....nice to have you both as teammates). I know the 2 of you plan to continue on AF.
                  I'm going to take it one day at a time for now, as my original desire was to moderate. Now that I know I can do a stretch of AF, it may work, it may not. I know there are others that have gone on to successfully moderate, so I will see. But for the next few days I will continue AF. I don't have any social plans coming up and I won't be celebrating today with a glass of wine.....I will do something else for myself instead......like going to my yoga class and doing my mind and body some good.

To those just beginning their AF days.....it truly does get easier as they days go by....just hang in there.

So here's to another wonderful AF day everyone!
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All,

I am heading to early morning classes. I won't have time to post until later this afternoon as Hubby is having some minor surgery today.

Have an awesome AF day!! :happyheart:

p.s. It feels great to be sober for 30 days in a row. I highly recommend it!!
                    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on Day 30 to Tess, New Day, and Kairos.

Welcome to all the new people here. Settle in, get strong and lets do it!

I'm short on time this morning as I've already been snapping photos and playing with my pet. I'll be back later, so I hope everyone is hanging in there today.

:l

Love,

Slay
                      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

HUGE CONGRATS,Tess, Kairos and New Day!!

:wave:

We are all so PROUD of you!!!! I really hope you all continue on in your new AF lifestyle. It honestly does just get better and better.
                        I have fresh memories of the "Now What" syndrome that happens after the thirty days is up. I was really glad to find out that it wasn't "just me". As someone suggested, it may be good to tackle another healthy lifestyle change (in addition to your quitting drinking) at this point, just to add to the positive attitude you already have about yourself. Some folks take up running or walking or eating healthier. Just please, think long and hard about starting to drink again. I am at over 120 days and I am still working through getting used to my new sober self- and I know for a fact that if I let myself go back to drinking- I would be back in the same boat I was in on Sept. 30th :upset: I don't want that for myself or for anyone else. Okay, off the soapbox now.

Jennie- I remember the first time I signed on MWO. I was SO SICK of myself and of drinking and I KNEW something HAD to be done. I signed on and started typing that I would commit to 30 days and you know what? My fingers had a hard time actually typing that. It was CRAZY. It was like I was making such a huge commitment by typing it here. I guess that goes to show that you and I are the kind of people who like to honor our commitments. I think that's a good thing! And we are NOT disappointed in you.

Love to all, Star
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Not and Stump and HUGE CONGRATS on Day 4 (5 now?). Stick close!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm happy to have completed 6 days AF!

By staying AF today, day 7, I will have completed my longest stint on home turf -- for me, the hardest place to do it. I have had longer AF periods since July 2012 when visiting family or on vacation but have never achieved a full week at home. It is tricky when the place you drink is the place you usually are!!!

I hope all nesters had/will have a great day! Congratulations to our 3 30-day success stories!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1453507 wrote: Good Morning All,

I am heading to early morning classes. I won't have time to post until later this afternoon as Hubby is having some minor surgery today.

Have an awesome AF day!! :happyheart:

p.s. It feels great to be sober for 30 days in a row. I highly recommend it!!
                              Congrats! Bet today ended up feeling no different than yesterday after all!

What are you taking at school? Is it undergrad? masters? other?
                              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey No Sugar, my carb-free buddy!!

You DID IT!!! You have SEVEN DAYS without letting that beast AL ruin your day and have earned your Newbies Nest full moon!

:moon:

We are SO PROUD of you! We know it is not easy, but you have now conquered every day of the week. We appreciate the strength you have shown and look forward to seeing you receive your thirty day hat.

:yougo:

Carry on, sweet friend!

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X