Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi All

I have not posted this week but I have been reading and keeping up. I just read about Tess, New Day and Kairos achieving their 30 day goal (if I left anyone off, I am sorry). Congratulations!!! I was hoping to be a one of the successful as well, but I effed up last Friday so I am only officially 5 days AF. This is my third re-start. Doh. For some reason I had it in my head that 30 days would not work for me and I needed to just moderate so I bought a small bottle of Jack at the grocery on Friday evening, promising myself that I would only drink the equivalent of two drinks. Of course that did not happen and I ended up drinking the entire bottle. As soon as I got that good "feeling" I could not stop. I really, really, really want to do 30 days... or am I not ready? I have to say 5 days AF feels fantastic. I notice that I am more productive at work and at home, and I've been the gym a lot this January since I joined the MWO community. Anyhoo... I really wanted this to be a note of congratulations and it turned into a slight vent... I'm sorry.
    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1453516 wrote: Hey No Sugar, my carb-free buddy!!

You DID IT!!! You have SEVEN DAYS without letting that beast AL ruin your day and have earned your Newbies Nest full moon!

:moon:

We are SO PROUD of you! We know it is not easy, but you have now conquered every day of the week. We appreciate the strength you have shown and look forward to seeing you receive your thirty day hat.

:yougo:

Carry on, sweet friend!
      Thank you, Starfish! Having always been a pretty self-contained person, I am really happy to realize how much the support of all of you means to me. I also am surprised how posting here is more powerful than all the science/logic/etc. re: the downside of alcohol that I have been reading (and fully believe!). Humans really are social animals, aren't we? The more we (I) embrace that, the better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, so glad you checked in! (I don't like to award hats without the person checking in....been there, got that tee shirt, too!) It is with GREAT pride, that yet another hat goes out today!!! My dear...your hat!! :day5: 30 days ago you wandered in here as a casualty....today, you walk with a head held high and proud!!! Great work, Tess! Here's to a lifetime of sobriety!!! XO, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Beginning of day three.

If I had not blown day five I would have 7 days AF. But I am going to focus on the positive side
          I have drank 1 day out of the last 7. It has been a long time since I have done that..
          Looking towards 7 days in a row.

rednose.
          All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are more than welcome, NoSugar. And yes, posting is an amazing force. I am not really all that much of a "social" being either. At least, i would prefer to write my thoughts than express them verbally. I think that's why I always advise newbies to post, post, post!!! We are so glad you are here and posting and having a great journey with us.

Mein :l So glad to hear from you. Totally understand it when that beast, AL tricks you into thinking you can control him. It's one of his favorite ways to get you back. Five days is AWESOME. I have and idea for you. If going 30 days sounds too scary for you AND you admit that 5 days feels FANTASTIC- How about committing to another 5 days? You just did 5 now don't you wanna do another 5? rettplease: We are with you all the way!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Red, yep- day 5 is a tough one, but you already got 3 more and you are doing great. Just make sure to have SOLID plans ready for the next few days. Plan for success and you will achieve it. We are here with you!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rednose...If I had gotten my act together when I first came here, my date down at the bottom would be a YEAR better than it is!!! It is what it is.....and today is what counts!! So move along...nothing to see here, keep moving...keep moving!!! You are doing GREAT! Dig your heels in and don't give in no matter what and no matter who! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops, one red, I forgot to welcome you- so :welcome: from me too! Sorry, I had a lot of post-catching up to do from yesterday.
                  We are so happy to have you with us in the nest and look forward to getting to know you better. Let us know what we can do to help :l

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1453533 wrote: You are more than welcome, NoSugar. And yes, posting is an amazing force. I am not really all that much of a "social" being either. At least, i would prefer to write my thoughts than express them verbally. I think that's why I always advise newbies to post, post, post!!! We are so glad you are here and posting and having a great journey with us.

Mein :l So glad to hear from you. Totally understand it when that beast, AL tricks you into thinking you can control him. It's one of his favorite ways to get you back. Five days is AWESOME. I have and idea for you. If going 30 days sounds too scary for you AND you admit that 5 days feels FANTASTIC- How about committing to another 5 days? You just did 5 now don't you wanna do another 5? rettplease: We are with you all the way!
                    Thank you Starfish, that is a great idea! Right now 30 is too intimidating... so I'll slow down and just think about the next five... and go from there. Maybe it was the big number and the fear of failure that tripped me up. Thank you! Such awesome people and advice I receive in this community! So glad I joined! :h
                    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all....

Good Morning everyone. I am crazy tired this morning....hope to "wake up" soon. I am also a tiny wee bit cranky. I hate being cranky....don't like myself when I am cranky. This is the re beginning of my day 5..... Had a couple of slip ups. But I am back up and running. Ok someone please please please tell me something funny, inspirational.....anything to help me get out of this cranky little mood I am in.
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends!

Oneredshoe, welcome and good to see you over here. There is always room for one more.

Tess, huge congratulations. The hat looks good on you. So many wonderful things are in store for you on this path.

Have a great AF day everyone.
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya, Pincone :l

Hey One Red- here's a shoe joke for you :H (no offense to blondes or folks from LA)

A blonde was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes, but didn't want to pay the high prices.

After unsuccessfully haggling with of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde said, "Maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator, so I can get a pair of shoes at a reasonable price."

Later in the day, the shopkeeper spotted the young woman standing waist deep in the water, shotgun in hand. She took aim at an alligator, killed it and hauled it onto the swamp bank.

Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures. The shopkeeper watched in amazement as the blonde flipped the alligator on its back and shouted in frustration, "Damn, this one isn't wearing any shoes either."

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay Starfish1 that made me laugh!!!! Not feeling so cranky now. Thanks for the laugh.
                            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                            ~Author Unknown
                            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1453589 wrote: Hiya, Pincone :l

Hey One Red- here's a shoe joke for you :H (no offense to blondes or folks from LA)

A blonde was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes, but didn't want to pay the high prices.

After unsuccessfully haggling with of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde said, "Maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator, so I can get a pair of shoes at a reasonable price."

Later in the day, the shopkeeper spotted the young woman standing waist deep in the water, shotgun in hand. She took aim at an alligator, killed it and hauled it onto the swamp bank.

Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures. The shopkeeper watched in amazement as the blonde flipped the alligator on its back and shouted in frustration, "Damn, this one isn't wearing any shoes either."
                              :wd::wow::yay::happy: NOW THAT IS FUNNY!
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to kairos, new day and no sugar for their first week ..... This is the hardest !

And to Tess for her 30 .....onwards and upwards

No sugar ....I was only an at home drinker, the association soon goes. I had alcohol in the house over Christmas and the thought of drinking it never even occurred to me. Believe me the power of this addiction fades fast once you are committed.

Comment

Working...
                                X