Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

sorry hippyman, got confused. My bloke and son are both september lads too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

honeysuckle;1454245 wrote: sorry hippyman, got confused. My bloke and son are both september lads too.
      :l It was a kind thought...thank you!
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Peeps!!!!!! I was just checking in to see how everyone was doing. I am happy, proud and ecstatic to say that I am 193 days AF!!!!!!! I just picked up my 6 month chip at my AA home group last Wednesday. Everyone who knows me here knows ALL of my day 1 attempts all too well! Never in a million years did I ever think that I would get past 10 days AF....hitting double digits was usually a great excuse for me to "reward" myself by drinking and therefore starting the vicious cycle once again! So for all of you early on in your sobriety I just want to let you know that if I can do it ANYONE can do it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train coming at you but rather freedom, happiness and peace.

Rooni.....I am so glad to see that you jumped back into the nest and are moving forward and racking up your AF days! Text me sometime so we can go and get that cup of coffee!!!!!!!!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay, our dear, sweet friend!

Congratulations on SEVEN DAYS AF!!!!

We are so proud of you and appreciate all you do for MWO and for the Newbies Nest!!!

You have worked hard and earned your NN full moon

:moon:

Thanks for being here with us, sharing all your words of encouragement, and keep up the great work. Yep, the best is yet to come!
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1454214 wrote: Good Morning Nesters! I hope this day finds everyone strong and if not, grab a hand and hold on.

...Tess, I had a chance to read your 30 day response as well. Beautiful! There was one point in there about the suicide that hits home for me. The descent into deep depression isn't far away. AL takes the heartache and depression I am going through in my life and moves the descent into darkness further down. It's not the way to heal; it's the way to pour alcohol on the fire. It roars!..

Love,

Slay
            Slay - Please read again what you have written to me about depression and thoughts of suicide.

"The descent into depression isn't far away..." You see the train coming, Dear Slay, please get off of the tracks. For me, the thought of suicide set-up camp in my brain. Each drink of alcohol caused the camp to grow larger and larger. Thoughts of suicide became all-consuming. I began to feel completely powerless to stop the destruction. "It's not the way to heal; it's the way to pour alcohol on the fire. It roars!" That is a true statement.

It is also true that for each hour, each day, each week of sobriety, I regained bits of power in my life and learned how to make choices again. To deprive myself of alcohol was to begin the disassembly process of that "camp" in my brain. Was it painful to go without alcohol? Yes, it was. It hurt a lot. There were plenty of days when I hated every moment of sobriety. But I knew, beyond any shadow of doubt, that to drink again would be a death sentence. It was going to be a sad and tragic and ugly and needless loss of human life.

Suicide cannot be taken lightly. If you have a professional who is helping you, talk candidly with him or her. Or talk with a close friend. Call a suicide hotline. Do whatever YOU need to do to find recovery and healing.

You are loved. ~ :hug:
            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick post here, gang- but just a few words and lots of love :h to all!!

First of all, Tess :l I have been lurking/participating in MWO off and on for 2 years, I think, and I just want to say that your "30 day speech" is one of the best posts I have ever read! It really hit home with me and I thank you for taking the time to write it. You are a winner, Tess!
              Jennie- so sorry your boys are sick, but so glad you are doing so well. I know that being a mom and having a full time job is not easy, but its easier when you're sober while tackling it , right?
              Luce- :welcome: you have found a great spot for support and encouragement in your quest for sobriety. And like everyone says, there are tons of things to keep you occupied in the evenings, besides drinking! I bet once you try to change your routine a bit, you will be angry you wasted all that time drinking. I know I am!
              Hippy- Can I just come over to your house to play? You have an AWESOME life!
              Dest- Wow, Congrats on 193 Days!!! And thanks for stopping by to give us such a great update!

Gang, just wanted to let you know that I woke up at 3 a.m. and what I really thought about was how happy I was that I have stuck out these few months (almost 4 now) and can think good thoughts in the middle of the night instead of those panicky thoughts caused by the GSR brothers. Let's keep it up, y'all. It is WORTH IT!!!

Love you all, so much!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quote from Star "Hippy- Can I just come over to your house to play? You have an AWESOME life!"

:alf::crazymonkey:inkele::baaah::jumpwow:Sure Star, anytime...as long as you don't mind being covered with doggers that kiss you up one side and down the other! We would surely have FUN! My life is grand and I owe it all to Sobriety!!!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

On my way, Hippy!!!

Trying to attach a pic- Wait a minute!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

:alf::alf::alf::alf::alf:COO COO KACHOOOOOO! Let's DANCE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42luHhrsNhg[/video]]The Beatles - I Am The Walrus - YouTube
                      Starfish1;1454332 wrote:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters and welcome to Luce.

I immediately picked up on your single parenthood as I am in the same situation. I remember feeling sad and lonely due to this, and do still feel lonely. I also felt angry. I also am a working mum so was often tired. Added to that I didn't eat properly and began my evening very hungry.
                        You may have heard of the acronym H.A.L.T. - things that addicts must avoid - Hungry Angry Lonely Tired.

So we are perfect candidates for thinking 'poor me, poor me, pour me a drink'.

Yet, in the past months I have quit and am happily sober and loving every minute of my life. Even the bad bits are fine as I watch myself dealing with them sooooo much better.

The truth is that as addicts we will use WHATEVER we can to to justify drinking. Reading here has taught me this.

If we are single.....we are lonely
                        If we are married.....our spouse doesn't understand....or drinks also....or is absent....or is abusive.
                        If we have kids... They are a problem
                        If we work......work is horrible....or our boss is mean....we are overworked and exhausted
                        If we don't work .....we are bored....or broke.....or feel useless
                        If we are depressed or anxious......the alcohol helped lift the depression or anxiety (momentarily)

What I see is an endless parade of justifications for drinking that really all boil down to the same thing.

We all began drinking alcohol because we liked the buzz, drank too much, too often and became addicted.

The rest of it is window dressing. The core for everyone is extremely simple.

We have a problem, the solution is the same for ALL of us. STOP DRINKING

The justifications are part of the disease and the list of 'problems' are actually JUST LIFE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey - I'm so glad that you stopped in to let everyone know how you're doing. Congratulations to you!!!

It's true folks! She struggled and struggled....just like the rest of us. It is SOOOO great to hear about the long term successes - and should let newbies know that it is possible. :-) JUst go back in the nest to 7 or so months ago - the middle of last year and you'll see Destiniey's struggles. I hope you don't mind! You're all more than welcome to go back to my start date, too and then my sputtering for 6 months after that. You just keep pushing through...if you are sincere about wanting it, you WILL find a way to make it happen. :-)
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya cross post....that's awesome. So true. As I read your list, I was thinking...no, no, not me...nope...I don't feel that way...and then I realized that the reason I don't is because I no longer drink! When I DID, I certainly had ALL those problems! And if I was lacking one, I'd go looking for another so I'd have enough justifications - LOL! Nothing's different now...(except for the absence of alcohol) but now I don't purposefully obsess over things in order to have a reason to drink. Thanks. :-)
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am back in the nest. I had a long time of being sober, and I put out a post. Facebook led me to start drinking, I finally met a woman and then she had a problem with her iphone, it was always checking updates for facebook, ect... i finally confronted her and she said there only friends, just the the things that were written should not be wrote when you are in a relashionship with each other. Trying to sober up once again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest! So proud of you!! Thanks for flying back in to share your continued success! It really is amazing, after all the excuses are given and justifications made...ALCOHOL is the problem!

AGuy...welcome back. I'm sorry that it's under these circumstances. I'm glad you are here with us, we can help (at least on the AL part!).

Have a safe and sober night everyone! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X