Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

AGuy...I'm not a trained therapist or anything, but you've just got a broken heart! And it hurts! And it sucks!!! It's ok to feel hurt! And to feel the hurt! What happened to you is bad! BUT, are you drinking now or are you AF? If you are drinking...you must stop the self destruction. I drank and ate at people all my life and all it did was make me a fat ALKIE! You can put the brakes on the damage if you will stop in your tracks and not give her the satisfaction of doing this to you! It's HER loss! Go splash your face with some cold water, and look in that mirror. You are a wonderful GUYFROMNC!! You will be a real catch for the RIGHT person. That hag on Facebook was not it. Move on!! (and yes, I can say that...I've been dumped too)

Kuya, thank you for that quote! Wise indeed!!!
    Tess...thanks, girl. B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1455118 wrote: Recluse, a member has this as his signature.....I love it

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: I DID SEE MY FULL MOON! thanks bunches. Pretty good day indeed, though I have a WICKED headache, fortunately NOT form alcohol! But definitely need to rest my eyes and mind a bit. Thanks again for all the support here...mucho appreciated.:h
        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel like I have neglected the Nest today...it has been crazy at work!! I didn't even get to do my Friday cheer squad!

I promise to catch up later. I hope everyone is well!!

xoxoxoxo
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to all the newbies. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO busy at work and will be through April so I'm not peeking in or posting hardly at all. I do try and peek at roll call everyday just to see how everyone is holdin gup. Hi to everyone else hanging in there.

quick shout out-Tess2-loved your 30 day post. Love your writing. and .....I quit smoking over 2 years ago and still have smoking dreams that make me sad when I wake up only to realize it was just a dream. Bummer huh? 33# lost? Holy cow, that's unreal.

Gotta run. Lovin' life and being sober is the best thing ever. We ARE the new cool kids. See ya later.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1455118 wrote: Recluse, a member has this as his signature.....I love it

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1455226 wrote: So, I'm sort of lost, kuya. Who is Recluse? :what?:
                A member who posts on another thread Tess

Comment

Newbies Nest

It went well..manager was speechless?..I had given notice until the end of February and after she spoke to her manager they asked me to stay until the end of March?which I figured they would do so I said yes..it will be on my terms so she will be off my back. A little more money for gas in the RV is good?
                  I told a few folks there that I am closer to and they are all so jealous. About my age and there are not many of us..
                  So I am happy and feel like a huge weight has been lifted?should sleep better tonight?
                  Whew?

K9 What breed is the doggie in your pic...looks a little like my Annie..we are just guessing but think she is Chihuahua/pug...spunky gal..
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie -
                    My little Sandy in the picture is a mutt...not sure what she is exactly...the pound thought a spaniel and maybe chow mix...but weren't sure. She's the one that is getting old and sick. Tomorrow we go to vet and hope we're not on a downhill slide. I've had her 13 years and I can't imagine living without her :upset:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1455237 wrote: Dottie -
                      My little Sandy in the picture is a mutt...not sure what she is exactly...the pound thought a spaniel and maybe chow mix...but weren't sure. She's the one that is getting old and sick. Tomorrow we go to vet and hope we're not on a downhill slide. I've had her 13 years and I can't imagine living without her :upset:
                      Good luck at the vets and remember to be firm. There is no rush to start anything so we can chat about it if you get the drug names.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:cheering::cheering::cheering:

K9...I noticed you got some new girls on the squad!
                        Your Sandy is precious!!
                        Overit, so good to see you and your bag!! :bagdude:
                        Dottie, I'm jealous, too. Well done on telling the boss to shove it! Sleep well tonight, my dear~ Hugs to all....B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks so much Kuya...I will let you know tomorrow what the vet says...I really appreciate your help...I super-duper do! OK, I'm exhausted...LOL...going home!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1455231 wrote: It went well..manager was speechless?..I had given notice until the end of February and after she spoke to her manager they asked me to stay until the end of March?which I figured they would do so I said yes..it will be on my terms so she will be off my back. A little more money for gas in the RV is good?
                            I told a few folks there that I am closer to and they are all so jealous. About my age and there are not many of us..
                            So I am happy and feel like a huge weight has been lifted?should sleep better tonight?
                            Whew?

Dottie
                            You must feel amazing right now! Well done you

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1455249 wrote: thanks so much Kuya...I will let you know tomorrow what the vet says...I really appreciate your help...I super-duper do! OK, I'm exhausted...LOL...going home!
                              And DO tell her you have a friend who is a vet.....nothing more likely to increase the honesty and care IMO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alrighty then...

My husband is a Marine. God bless the United States Marine Corps.

Um.. could he help me with preparing dinner?

Guess not, he's still on the front lines.

That's okay, I can boil water... Sort of...

Really, I'm kind of a good cook. I'm a much better cook when I'm not drunk...

Still, hmm... not sure how exactly to salute a Marine.

I've attempted... and have been chastised.... :sorry:
                                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X