Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Very apt description of the way Dick Head works, Kuya! The only way to cure this disease is to cut off the food source. Just like a stray cat if you feed it, it's yours...this is the same way...only worse. Take the choice OFF the table. B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1455745 wrote: Very apt description of the way Dick Head works, Kuya! The only way to cure this disease is to cut off the food source. Just like a stray cat if you feed it, it's yours...this is the same way...only worse. Take the choice OFF the table. B
      Absolutely Byrdie. I mean as soon as we've let the cat on the table, next thing we know the darn critter has dragged it's saucers up there as well... along with a fork, knife and napkin. Give the critter an inch and she takes the whole nine yards :H :H

G'night all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1455749 wrote: Absolutely Byrdie. I mean as soon as we've let the cat on the table, next thing we know the darn critter has dragged it's saucers up there as well... along with a fork, knife and napkin. Give the critter an inch and she takes the whole nine yards :H :H

G'night all!
        :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC!! That is one cranky lookin kitty!!! You are precious!! :heartsnflowers: B

Also, that's not how the joke goes...it's 'give the critter an inch and it wants to be the ruler!!!" Bah!!!
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters! It sounds like everyone is doing pretty good here. As I said this morning I was feeling mixed when I awoke this morning after yesterday evening's intruding gray clouds, but I chose to take the positive route. I cleaned and rearranged everything in my place. Doing some sorting of what I want and what I don't for a bit of change to go along with the new me I'm trying to find/create.

Thanks Sweetpea...still hangin tough with you.

Thanks for the kind words, Tess. That's always a gift to each of us to hear.

Finally, thanks RC for that hilarious Crotchety Cat post. ROTFL!!! I'm exhausted after my day and that really brought out a burst of laughter. A great way to end the day before hitting the couch for some down time in front of the TV. My place is empty...no snacks to get into, darn it. Maybe some saltines. Oh boy! Looks like a trip to the store is in order tomorrow. Any ideas? What's your favorite feel good snack or comfort meal?

Let's all put Richard in prison for his deceitful deeds:yay:and hold our heads up high.zwink: Who does he think he is, messing with this bunch anyway?

Night all,

Slay
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1455718 wrote: Arsey, Tess .....they do come like a bolt out of the blue! My last one was maybe six weeks ago when I went for my first swim of the summer.

BAM! It hit me so hard that I wanted to cry. It was simply that I ALWAYS drank after a swim.......little old Dick Head thought he had a wee glimmer of a chance. But I thought it through.....realised it was just association, switched my thoughts to what I was having for dinner and was fine.

The next swim I was fine.....Dick Head had been taught ANOTHER lesson and hasn't screamed for candy at the checkout since. But I know he is there, always will be, he is my brain damaged child who will never grow up and will never die

If I had not had the wisdom of MWO it would have gone VERY differently.

I would have been demoralised and thought

' I am never going to get over this' .........( Dick Head is smiling and the craving gets worse)

' I have managed nearly four months, I am safe now' ..........( Dick Head is putting on his coat and picking up the car keys)

' I will buy my usual amount but I KNOW I will stop at half that'....... ( Dick Head is dancing for joy, and is on the phone to his mates, Guilt, Shame and Remorse....." Party over heeerrrrre" ).

I didn't find my first quit hard last year, on my own and did nine weeks but I fell at the first major test like the swimming because I was not prepared. I thought I could have a 'day off'......but there is NO day off from addiction......only a cure, STOP AND STAY STOPPED.
              So, hmm... Thinking about your post, Dear kuya, but sort of lost. Too much tea today when I really wanted coffee...

Hell... was summer six weeks ago? I think I remember something about Christmas - and freezing... Okay, I'm going to get serious here!! Nobody likes a Smart Ass. :agreed:

For me, alcohol is not Dick Head. For me, alcohol is the drop of the atomic bomb. I know how to discourage Dick Head. I have no defense against an atomic bomb. I'm just walking along and, without a blink, I vaporize. I'm gone...

So what is a girl to do?

A girl must realize that she has given her power over to alcohol. The image of alcohol as an atomic bomb is an indication of that. And a girl must take her power back.

Why am I writing in the third person? I don't know. Too much tea. Yuck!! I feel like I'm a sponge in swimming pool...

So the only response that works with cravings (be they a Dick Head or an atomic bomb) is NO. Absolutely NO. If I entertain the thought of alcohol, it will consume me. So the answer is always No. No. No. No. If an atomic bomb were to hit, my last utterance would be No.

And I would win. Vaporized? Yes. Gave in? No. :imglad:
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's the way to do it tess ~ just keep saying, yelling & screaming NO!!!!
                You have that power, we all do

It's Saturday night, it's cold & snowing & I'm sitting here watching my Beagle mix playing with a stink bug. God, what a life we both have :H:H

Wishing everyone a very safe & warm, cozy night in the nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess my poor northern hemispherian.......I am in the Southern Hemisphere ....... It is the height of summer and right now it's 28 C in the shade and my pool is 31 C.

Does that clarify :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1455823 wrote: Tess my poor northern hemispherian.......I am in the Southern Hemisphere ....... It is the height of summer and right now it's 28 C in the shade and my pool is 31 C.

Does that clarify :H
                    Yes, my Dear kuya, I "totally get" that the world is not flat. As noted in my previous post, I was being a Smart Ass. You too? Oh! I would love to be swimming in your pool with you instead of freezing here. Brrr... :snowflake:

Goodnight All Nesters. Stay Safe and Warm (or Cool). Whatever... :coolsanta:
                    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

You said you were confused, thought it was cos I was swimming at Christmas .....it confuses many as most here are in the north.
                      Tess-2;1455834 wrote: Yes, my Dear kuya, I "totally get" that the world is not flat. As noted in my previous post, I was being a Smart Ass. You too? Oh! I would love to be swimming in your pool with you instead of freezing here. Brrr... :snowflake:

Goodnight All Nesters. Stay Safe and Warm (or Cool). Whatever... :coolsanta:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm sad. I'm sad because I've discovered that some of the overwhelming emotions I've experienced over the years were not due to alcohol. Despite being over 80 days AF, I find myself completely overwhelmed with sadness, despair, loneliness, feeling useless and insecure. I had thought my new AF life would be a new chapter in my life, I had hoped but I haven't found that peace.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1455974 wrote: I'm sad. I'm sad because I've discovered that some of the overwhelming emotions I've experienced over the years were not due to alcohol. Despite being over 80 days AF, I find myself completely overwhelmed with sadness, despair, loneliness, feeling useless and insecure. I had thought my new AF life would be a new chapter in my life, I had hoped but I haven't found that peace.
                          Moni between 60 and 90 days, maybe even up to 100 days my moods were all over the place......for NO reason. It was VERY upsetting and like you I felt despondent . I would have low moods for 4 days, tetchy, tearful, everyone got on my nerves, like you I felt lonely. Then suddenly it lifted.

The last 4 weeks have been awesome, my moods suit the circumstances and the world is my oyster again.

Hang in there .....all this will pass

Comment

Newbies Nest

And Moni....check out Jingle jo's thread from today....she's in the same place and mood. You two should team up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1455980 wrote: Moni between 60 and 90 days, maybe even up to 100 days my moods were all over the place......for NO reason. It was VERY upsetting and like you I felt despondent . I would have low moods for 4 days, tetchy, tearful, everyone got on my nerves, like you I felt lonely. Then suddenly it lifted.

The last 4 weeks have been awesome, my moods suit the circumstances and the world is my oyster again.

Hang in there .....all this will pass
                              Thanks Kuya, I'll definitely hang in there. After getting this far I'm determined not to F it up ever again. And if I feel this crap sober, I can only imagine how I'd feel if I was back on the booze.

Must check out Jingle Jo's thread.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1455988 wrote: Thanks Kuya, I'll definitely hang in there. After getting this far I'm determined not to F it up ever again. And if I feel this crap sober, I can only imagine how I'd feel if I was back on the booze.

Must check out Jingle Jo's thread.
                                Good on you.....you are just healing.....patience :l:l

Comment

Working...
                                X