Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters. Just checking in early this morning. I've been up since before 5:00 am with grandson! Minus 18C here.....I want my cosy bd back!
    Oops.....gotta go change a poopy diaper.....
    I'll be back later!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love everyone's posts!! What a spectrum....from BAM cravings to poopy diapers!!!
      I had a really emotional day yesterday. It completely wiped me out and so I was asleep really early....
      I have been going to AA when sober for about a year. I have a wonderful sponsor who gives me tough love but in an ever so gentle way (which is good because otherwise I would have told her to f off). Anyway, I also have a great husband who just doesn't get it. Every time I tell him that I am not going to drink anymore because I am an alcoholic, he goes into this intellectual analysis of my drinking vs. everyone else and concludes, very convincingly, that I am no where near as bad as some other people, that I have it under control, and so whatever decision I make, he will support. Up until now, my lawyer husband has rationally told me that if I drink sometimes, that would be OK....HELLO???? The person who knows me better than anyone else is telling my alcoholic self that I have it under control.....I needed to change that and FAST because he is so convincing....he doesn't mean harm, he just doesn't get it. (he also doesn't realize how many people are out there completely alcoholic and not doing anything about it)

Anyway, yesterday I asked my sponsor to come and talk with my husband and explain to him, as a third person, why I am stopping. He proceeded to compare me to everyone else and she said STOP comparing. Comparing is pointless. Long story short, she was able to tell him what is really going on in a way that I couldn't.. I guess I am just weak at this point, my sobriety is, honestly, hanging by a thread....well, maybe a string....

anyway, i had lots of tears...it was really scary. I don't know why because the outcome was what I wanted. But last night I was feeling so overwhelmed...so, I had a nice cup of camomile tea and a scoop of ice cream and then fell fast asleep, wiped out.

So, stopping the madness has become much more real for me after yesterday. I have closed another door on alcohol (husbands acquiescence) I have an emotional hangover today but WOW, it is SO much more tolerable than an alcohol hangover!!
      Happy superbowl sunday!
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Abbers,

Had a light snow overnight, everything looks pretty but it's very cold, Brrrr!!

Jen, I hope your husband works on changing his thinking & cuts you a break. I understand not having support at home, I really do. The world is not a perfect place & certainly the people in it are not perfect either

Moni, hang in there! I'm sure we all wish our emotional stuff would disappear when we stop drinking but I'm afraid it does not. A lot of us drink to blur out the emotional stuff in the first place. I did! Finding new ways to think about things, doing some meditation, talking out the bad stuff with someone else all help us to deal. Have you ever read 'Radical Forgiveness' by Colin Tipping? That book was very helpful to me, it has a great website too. Letting go of old hurts was essential for me

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Jennie! We are all so proud of you for hanging in there! You, my dear friend have earned your NN full moon!:moon:
          You are showing everyone what a smart, caring woman you are by sticking to your plan to get AL out of your life.
          You are doing a GREAT job, Jennie! Keep up the good work!

Moni, I just read your post about feeling down and please listen to Kuya I have to admit, myself, that last month ( from 90 - 120 days) was prolly the toughest time I have had. BUT I am now four months AF ( since feb 1) and I really feel I have turned the corner, just like Kuya said! Keep on keeping on. It is SO WORTH it!
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Red nose! I believe we owe you one of these highly coveted prizes too!
            :moon:
            You, my dear, are doing some serious butt kicking and showing AL the way out of your life! We are SO proud of you!!! Keep up the great work!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday everyone. Yesterday's encampment was a huge success. The weather was perfect and the feeling of fellowship was the BEST! I demonstrated weaving on the loom and even sold a few things. That was an added bonus. Many had alcohol and I was offered some. My reply was that I have been in recovery a long time and do not drink alcohol. Some people just can not drink alcohol and I'm one of them. I swear I think I saw respect in some peoples eyes! I am so grateful for my new sober life and for my MWO family. Thanks and many blessings to all those that make this site possible!
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters! I see some trials and tribulations this morning...what we need to learn to recognize as just living life. They are ever present in all of our lives, but we have used AL to tune them out, so when we get used to doing that, it can be a bit of a shock or overwhelming dealing with them head on. Our escape hatch into 'I'm going to let these problems remain and fester' or 'I don't give a sheet' or hiding from our fears in denial has been removed. We are potential new beings in training, and boot camp can be tough. However, we need to hold onto and have faith in the words of to those who have survived the initial training and are happy and doing well dealing with life's ups and downs without escaping into madness when we are feeling stressed during boot camp. They open up my memories of how I dealt with very harsh problems sober for years and conquered those problems. I know they are correct and WE can all get there and have victory over those trials and tribulations because we are of a sound mind again.

Jenn, I think what you are dealing with in regards to your husband not seeing the real problem you are having is all too common. I am getting out of my marriage currently, but he didn't understand either. He didn't like how I would behave while fully intoxicated, but would never accept that I couldn't stop once I picked one up. He felt it was all will and yet he had an addiction to marijuana that completely overtook him, so I hope someone can convince him. If not, you will need some additional support to help you through like the people here who TRULY understand the broken off switch. I didn't drink daily either, so it appears to others we have control. :l:h

Lav, good post this morning. Sometimes in your short posts out comes a diamond. I'll look up the book you suggested. It's not like I don't have enough of them on my list already (lol), but I do feel forgiveness and coming to grips with things that have hurt us is an important key to sobriety and living in a happy state of peace.

Another day down, another one to go. ODAT we march toward victory. Hang tough, nesters! We are doing this together in understanding and love.

Love,

Slay
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just starting my AF journey
                  Hey Everyone I'm so glad I found this forum! I really feel a ton of support and compassion
                  From everyone. It's so comforting to know you are not alone in this journey.
                  Thanks in advance for the concern and support!

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day....as long as the poopy diaper isn't YOURS, then it's gonna be a good day!!! :H
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

JimmyD...Welcome! So glad you found us! You have made a very astute observation: We ARE caring and compassionate!! You've landed in a great spot if you are serious about getting AL out of your life...we have ALL been on Day 1! I would suggest reading back a couple weeks to get to know us...check out the Tool Box, link is below and just jump right in. So glad you are here! What brings you by??
                      Make it a great day, wherever you are! Do something nice for somebody today! B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! I hope everyone is staying strong and having a happy Sunday!!

I'm going to run out to GNC today and get some L-Glutamine and maybe some kudzu. I'd rather not take another pill - I'll be looking at the drink mixes. The Pro Performance RapidDrive Glutamine 5000 fruit punch gets 5 star reviews from users. Does anyone have any experience with this or other glutamine drink mixes? Thanks in advance!
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jIMMYDAMA;1456040 wrote: Just starting my AF journey
                          Hey Everyone I'm so glad I found this forum! I really feel a ton of support and compassion
                          From everyone. It's so comforting to know you are not alone in this journey.
                          Thanks in advance for the concern and support!
                          Welcome, Jimmy

We are eager to get to know you! Your posting lets us do that and will help keep you focused on your goal.

Have a great alcohol-free day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry - I somehow posted the same thing twice.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1456066 wrote: Hi Nesters! I hope everyone is staying strong and having a happy Sunday!!

I'm going to run out to GNC today and get some L-Glutamine and maybe some kudzu. I'd rather not take another pill - I'll be looking at the drink mixes. The Pro Performance RapidDrive Glutamine 5000 fruit punch gets 5 star reviews from users. Does anyone have any experience with this or other glutamine drink mixes? Thanks in advance!
                              Hi, Siren
                              L-Gln does not taste bad. I have the big jar of powder sold to body builder types and just put ~1/4 tsp under my tongue when needed. You also could dissolve it in water or any other cold beverage without affecting the taste.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1456000 wrote: I love everyone's posts!! What a spectrum....from BAM cravings to poopy diapers!!!
                                I had a really emotional day yesterday. It completely wiped me out and so I was asleep really early....
                                I have been going to AA when sober for about a year. I have a wonderful sponsor who gives me tough love but in an ever so gentle way (which is good because otherwise I would have told her to f off). Anyway, I also have a great husband who just doesn't get it. Every time I tell him that I am not going to drink anymore because I am an alcoholic, he goes into this intellectual analysis of my drinking vs. everyone else and concludes, very convincingly, that I am no where near as bad as some other people, that I have it under control, and so whatever decision I make, he will support. Up until now, my lawyer husband has rationally told me that if I drink sometimes, that would be OK....HELLO???? The person who knows me better than anyone else is telling my alcoholic self that I have it under control.....I needed to change that and FAST because he is so convincing....he doesn't mean harm, he just doesn't get it. (he also doesn't realize how many people are out there completely alcoholic and not doing anything about it)

Anyway, yesterday I asked my sponsor to come and talk with my husband and explain to him, as a third person, why I am stopping. He proceeded to compare me to everyone else and she said STOP comparing. Comparing is pointless. Long story short, she was able to tell him what is really going on in a way that I couldn't.. I guess I am just weak at this point, my sobriety is, honestly, hanging by a thread....well, maybe a string....

anyway, i had lots of tears...it was really scary. I don't know why because the outcome was what I wanted. But last night I was feeling so overwhelmed...so, I had a nice cup of camomile tea and a scoop of ice cream and then fell fast asleep, wiped out.

So, stopping the madness has become much more real for me after yesterday. I have closed another door on alcohol (husbands acquiescence) I have an emotional hangover today but WOW, it is SO much more tolerable than an alcohol hangover!!
                                Happy superbowl sunday!

Morning Jen! You are a smart and courageous gal. As you know, my husband does not "see" that I am an alcoholic. He's an intelligent man. So... I don't believe he wants
                                to see it. Every situation is different, so I am not comparing my marriage exactly to your marriage. But it's like Lav told me early on, I can "get sober" without the support of my husband. Yes, I would like his understanding and support. That would be fabulous. But I'm getting sober anyway. And you will too!! :happy:
                                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X