Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mellow it is then Kuya
    I feel the same way & I am able to handle my business & my grandkids & everything else with

Tess, deep breaths, some meditation may be in order for you. This is where I found the Clearing CD so very helpful!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I so need to dig myself out of this hole. Wine is NOT the answer but it comforts me.
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay..

You said,

"That is the real you trying to reach the out of control you. It's good to purge like that. The truth is trying to come out, but take it easy on yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day and loving and liking yourself takes some time. You can start working to love yourself now as you are. As you change things you don't like about yourself, you will begin to like yourself again, too. One day and one step at a time.

Slay...just want to say thanks as your message helped so much through my day today. The thought that there's still a "real" me in here who I used to like played through my brain much of the day. Your words meant a lot! :thanks:
        Elliesmom

-------------------------------

For supplement dosage/schedule go to:
        http://www.mywayout.org/supps/update.pdf

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie,
          What happened? I thought things were going better for you.
          You already know that wine helps nothing. The comfort you think it's giving you is false. We use AL to hide from things, don't we?
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I saw this today and thought we Newbies need to remember this

I
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know Lav but my dad is just pulling on my heart strings..I am responsible for him and his finances. His nursing home costs more than his pension can cover...I have submitted paperwork for VA benefits but that can take 6 or more months...just a lot of stress.
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight All Nesters,

I am going peacefully to bed. I wish the same for you.

Sweet Dreams. ~ :flower:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters! I'm a bit late tonight as I've had another productive and happy day. Tomorrow will be day 12 of this third attempt working toward long term sobriety since August. This AF stuff is really fitting pretty well this time around. During each AF period, I have made progress in changing the things in my life that are harmful despite the fear of loss and those changes. I may have fallen back into escape twice, but with each attempt I made a little more progress and I'm feeling pretty good about that progress today. So for those of you struggling, there is light on the horizon, but you have to set your steps in that direction and if you are afraid of walking that path, you'll have to just trust it's the right path to take and that you will see and find the light you seek. Your path may have curves and you may fall into some potholes, but keep going because it's the only way out of the dark hazy fog you find yourself lost in.

Emmie, I'm glad you found some strength today. We are trying to get to that same place of peace within ourselves...freedom from the bondage of chains that bind us. Stick around and draw from the strength and learn from the weaknesses we share here. It's so worth it. The journey is not easy, but YOU are worth it.

Perse, I'm glad you are finding strength here in the nest.

Hang tough, nesters. Grab a hand when you are weak and lend one when you are strong. We can all have victory in this journey.

Night one and all.

Love,

Slay
                  Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here goes nothing...

Hello all... I would like to begin a journal of accountability. I have found that posting in this community helps to keep me honest, so if I have to post something everyday, no matter how mundane a posting, then so be it. I spoke with my therapist yesterday and he is deeply concerned about the interaction between my meds and drinking, not to mention that I drink too much of the hard stuff. "Not good for the brain and the liver" he said. I tried to taper, but that is just not me... I tend to be an all or nothing type of person. It's too early in the game for that. Maybe once I have a month (or two) under my belt, I can think about drinking again. I would like to say thank you to all of the wonderful people on the community that have so far given me advice! You don't know how much I appreciate every kind word of encouragement and empathy. In fact, while I was in my depression haze yesterday I did receive the suggestion of starting this journal, so thank you for that. So... I am considering today Day One (as I was in a horrible depression/vodka hangover yesterday).

Day One: Cold this morning in Germany. Something is falling from the sky but I'm not sure what it is... LOL. It's not cold enough to be snow or sleet, not warm enough to be rain. Now I should tell you that this is my LEAST favorite weather. Who wants to walk through an oozy, slushy mess to get to work? I should begin by telling you all that I grew up in the mid-western United States of America so I am no stranger to winter weather, but I ended up spending a good chunk of my life in the southern USA so I evolved into more of a warm weather creature. But... Germany is home for now so I am "back to my roots" weather-wise, so to speak. The one good thing about this snowy morning... I did not drink yesterday! I'm still a bit tired as I am recovering from lack of sleep (Superbowl watching and vodka drinking haze), but today is better than yesterday and I'm sure tomorrow will be even better. Work today, gym tonight... and chicken lettuce wraps for dinner. Hopefully my plan for day one is good and I won't run into any cravings.

Thank you all for reading!
                    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren: I LOVE your 7 rules of life!!!!! It really spoke to me....need to print that and keep it in my wallet at all times!!

Day 9 here. Have a house full of stomach illness in my house.....YUK....younger son has been battling it for a week now (that is a long time, isn't it?) but can now eat and function relatively normally. Older son woke up yesterday REALLY sick. He stayed home. I went to work yesterday and came home at lunchtime to check in on him. Massive headache came on to me suddenly so instead of going back to work, I slept for 2 hours yesterday afternoon! Unheard of for me. I have cleaned all bathrooms and doorknobs in house. Not sure if I am sick with stomach flu or sick from not drinking? I just have been SO TIRED lately... The total fatigue started for me this past Friday which was my day 5....this did not happen on previous failed attempts...So, I am up before dawn today and wondering if the headache is going to come back....

This time, I am going to listen to my body. Instead of constantly pushing myself and not giving myself a break, I am going to slow down and tune in to what my body is telling me. Maybe that will help me remain AF....I will take it easy this time...
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great plan, Jen!! I don't know if anyone mentioned it to you, but it really is best to treat any type of withdrawal symptoms as if you have the flu. Lots of rest, fluids, and healthy food. You have been sick for a long time and now it's time to heal your body, mind, and soul. I'm going to try to find Kuya's analogy about taking care of ourselves the way one would take care of a child and re-post it. It was brilliant.
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman - see my signature and look in the test bed. I solved your issue and it's ready for you to cut and paste into your own.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awhh, Thanks my friend. :l :h We are very kind. I'll give it a try but I think it's because of the other things in my signature that make it come up off balanced (reminds me of what my old life was like, kinda ( Topsy, Turvy) :H I'll try putting them down on a line below and see what happens. :thanks:
                            Siren136;1457317 wrote: Hippyman - see my signature and look in the test bed. I solved your issue and it's ready for you to cut and paste into your own.
                            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Tuesday everyone. My spring cleaning continues. Today I'll be taking a load of "STUFF" over to the new auction house. OUT WITH THE OLD!!! In with the NEW! When I was drinking I seemed to have collect quiet a "collection". :new: :H I have no idea where much of it came from or what I was gonna do with it but it must have seemed like a good idea at the time. :H I already took a load over and we got amazing results. The owner seems honest and won't sell your stuff for nothing. He pulls things back and tries again another week to get you the best price. Not only that, he just gave a free lasagna dinner as a customer appreciation gift. How cool is that! Free food....Hippy likes that! I've been DRUNK and I've been SOBER. Trust me on this one...SOBER IS WAY, WAY BETTER!!! :l :h Go out and shine your light for all to see and don't forget to hug someone today!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW...It worked! Thanks so much!!! :goodjob: :l :thanks:
                                Siren136;1457317 wrote: Hippyman - see my signature and look in the test bed. I solved your issue and it's ready for you to cut and paste into your own.

Comment

Working...
                                X