Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1457597 wrote: Tess-just what are you going to school for anyway? I'm sure you've told us before but, well, I have CSR.
    Bachelor's in HealthCare Administration. I graduate in June. :dancin:
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am very proud of you Tess! :wave:
      Tess-2;1457610 wrote: Bachelor's in HealthCare Administration. I graduate in June. :dancin:
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1457601 wrote: and remember, attitude for me regarding all things that I'm not held captive by anymore?

That's where I have the attitude (in my head only) of rolling my eyes, flipping my hair, turning on my heels and flouncing away shaking what the Good Lord gave me!
        Like I told my friend K9 - I just don't have the "flouncing" thing down. I'm kind of shy. I've got lots of hair to flip and plenty of hips to flounce -- but, really, I'm a bookish wallflower. Though I love to laugh. And, funny thing, the party girls come to me, in private, to tell me their worries. I guess I'm kind of like a den mother. A young den mother... k:

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters! It sounds happy in here today. Yay! Some good wisdom being shared, too. I like the following two points that I picked up on.

1. It isn't our job to change others; it's our job to change ourselves. I've had that in my mind a lot the past several days.

2. Find what works for you and focus on that. (Hipster, that goes well with your other wise words I made into a quote.)

Lola b...I FEEL like a different person. I love it, too. I've been having a lot of epiphanies lately. It's like light bulbs going off all over the place. I'm rediscovering me again and I'm feeling more freedom to be her and free from the chains of bondage in a number of ways. I'm HAPPY today! It's been getting better everyday for the last four days and then today I had several light bulb moments. There were a couple times I heard this little voice saying this can't possibly last; it feels too good. I'm swatting her, though. Go crawl under a rock you. I don't want you near me. lol

Hang in there everyone. There's gold out there to be discovered.

Love,

Slay

Edit: Good for you, Tess!!!!!
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1457607 wrote: Overit...isn't it CRS? (not CSR?) Maybe there's a new one...I prolly got that too! :H:H:H
            Hi Byrdie!! - Um... what is CRS or CSR? Whatever they are, you do NOT have them. You are a gem! (Okay, I've said that before.) So... I will go for something different: you are my light when everything seems miserable and hopeless. :rays:

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie-I told you I had it, and then I couldn't even remember what it was!

Tess-you're too young. CRS-can't remember shit

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1457613 wrote: I am very proud of you Tess! :wave:
                Thank you, Happy Hippy!! I want always to be especially bright and colorful for you!!

You may not know this, Hippy, but you have given me so much joy and wisdom on this journey. Thank you!!

I am proud of you too, Hippy!! More than you know... :yougo:

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

So... I'm wondering what it really means to be voted "Most likely to Succeed"? Everyone hates the Homecoming Queen, yes? I am very sad to report that I was given that "honor," and then I cried because I didn't want to have to wear a silly crown. Really?? If the Student Body (consisting of 14 to 17-year-old students) could have seen my future, they would have voted me, "Most likely to fall flat on her face," and they would have been spot-on.

But you know what?, being a total and hopeless failure led me to the MWO website and to Newbies Nest. Can't think of anyplace I'd rather be.

I love my 30-Days-AF-Hat!! :goodtime: I'm going to donate my Homecoming Queen crown to Goodwill. I really never wanted it...

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAY Tess! Don't you worry girlfriend, we'll have you "flouncing" in no time!
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44, my point wasn't to get my husband to become AF or to punish him. My point with pointing out how hard it would be for him to stop drinking and to keep the same friends, I don't believe it is possible. I think it would help him to have some compasion, some understanding and then maybe we could come up with a plan together to help me.

It is my responsibility to stop drinking but this started with 1. his affair 2. choosing to stop going to church and to completely change our friends and life style without me getting a say in the matter.

I don't blame him for my alcoholism but I need his support in being AF. I have worked hard to keep this marriage together, I have made mistakes but I have also forgiven his. I drink about once a week but know for me any alcohol is too much.

Being on a website like this is hard because it's difficult to express what is really going on. Words than be miss interpreted.
                      :hitme:
                      Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi, you bring up an excellent point, while we all come here at different stages in our lives, we do all share one thing: Alcohol is in control and we are not. There are more similarities than differences in this regard. It's like when you are on a plane, they tell you to secure your own oxygen mask before assiting others. No difference here. I had to own my own problem...sure I have other issues but ALCOHOL was MY problem. Everything else was just an excuse. I know it'd be a lot easier if our spouses could be on our side and not drink and not talk about it etc...but we are in a society in which we must change to survive....not ask society to change because of us. Sad/true...

It was not my problem if my husband kept his same friends or not...my problem was to find a way to stop killing myself. It was truly a fight for my life back. It is worth it, too! I'm so glad you're here! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

mimi911;1457640 wrote: . I drink about once a week but know for me any alcohol is too much.

Being on a website like this is hard because it's difficult to express what is really going on. Words than be miss interpreted.
                          Mimi-I'm glad you're with us too. Hang on and don't let go. I REALLY hope you can work things out with your husband. Good luck. :l

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Excellent points Byrdie! I finally realized that nobody was going to quit drinking FOR me...I had to just do it. I was killing myself too. Who knows if I'd even be here today if I hadn't quit 406 days ago? I blamed everyone and everything I could think of...I wasn't able to quit until I realized that alcohol was the consistent factor in every problem I had.
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Making more and more sense....I took a good look at my calendar today. I keep track of weird things on my calendar. My AF days and boozing days happen to be on the list of my lists that I track....I had many many more AF days than I did boozing days, which was a relief to me and I could see the progress I have made, I have also seen a pattern by looking back at my calendar. I tend to be kind of an all or nothing kind of person, the process of the process is now truly setting in and making sense to me. I am grateful that I kept this calendar as well as all the support and knowledge here. I hope all of you are having a wonderful day.
                              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                              ~Author Unknown
                              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1457639 wrote: YAY Tess! Don't you worry girlfriend, we'll have you "flouncing" in no time!
                                Hey K9. Happy to see you in The Nest!!

Slay - We ARE happy in The Nest today. And happier now that you've joined us!!

Byrdie - "My problem was to find a way stop killing myself." Yes, that's it!! Well said. :agreed:

:strawberry: :lilflower: :handbag: :lipstick: :flower:

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X