Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1458083 wrote: No Sugar!!! Look at YOU with LINKS in your signature line!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could cry...it's makes a NestMum proud to see her babies growing up!!

Just ONE small problem...they don't link!

Hmmm... I copied them from someone else. I guess that's what happens when you cheat!

I will try again, NestMum (not Mo
    m --One thing I love in this forum are all of the versions of the English language. Sometimes I have no idea what people are talking about!!).

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1458142 wrote:
      [/B]Quote:

The most abusive relationship is the one we have with ourselves.

I am my own child. I was born perfect and beautiful ( I KNOW that, I have seen the photos )
      This is how I have been treating my child.

I have starved her for years with eating disorders.
      Told her she was fat and ugly time and time again.
      Made her work far too hard and gave her hardly any breaks.
      No matter how well she did or hard she worked I was never satisfied with her
      I never treated her to enough new clothes or did nice things for her to make her feel good.
      I fed her drugs every day to shut her up so I didn't have to listen to her.
      When she was obviously getting ill I ignored her and didn't get her help.

If this was a child you were given to raise you would be jailed for neglect.
      Thank you, Byrdie for finding the post-
      That Kuya wrote, Siren found and I had lost
      We say it lots, but you're the best-
      Thanks again for helping build- this awesome nest!
      We love you!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1458132 wrote: Hello fellow nesters,

Hope everyone is having a peachy day.

I would like to apologize if anything I shared came off as a criticism re: AA or those who attend. I meant only to speak to my experience of it. Perhaps I am much too new to give my opinions as I certainly DO NOT mean to discourage any and every method that may work to gain and maintain sobriety. Clearly it HAS worked for countless numbers of people and saved lives. If anything I said caused offense, please forgive...:h ...
        Persephone - No one is too new in The Nest to offer up their opinion. No offense has been caused -- and we extend forgiveness to each other on a regular basis. Hey, we are all trying to get sober and stay sober. Keep posting!! :kudos:
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Tess - :bigwink:

K9 -HOLY CANOLI! A big :thanks: for rec on Flight. Just watched the trailer and now have to go rent it & watch with the fam...
          "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

60 DAYS-Spider, that's awesome! Go you!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow....

Byrdlady;1458142 wrote: Hippy...Wow...I don't know what to say! Someone went to the trouble of making a rhymer for me! And old timer!! I'm going to print that out! Thank you so much!!

This is Kuya's post that Siren was kind enough to find for us yustaday!!

Quote:

The most abusive relationship is the one we have with ourselves.

I am my own child. I was born perfect and beautiful ( I KNOW that, I have seen the photos )
              This is how I have been treating my child.

I have starved her for years with eating disorders.
              Told her she was fat and ugly time and time again.
              Made her work far too hard and gave her hardly any breaks.
              No matter how well she did or hard she worked I was never satisfied with her
              I never treated her to enough new clothes or did nice things for her to make her feel good.
              I fed her drugs every day to shut her up so I didn't have to listen to her.
              When she was obviously getting ill I ignored her and didn't get her help.

If this was a child you were given to raise you would be jailed for neglect.
              My words fail me right now....I have been overcome with the dreaded double clutch ugly cry of pure raw emotion reading this.
              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
              ~Author Unknown
              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1458117 wrote: It came out on DVD yesterday...I got it from Redbox. I have to watch movies/shows like that...it keeps me grounded and thankful for where I'm at. Watch it when you're ready...you'll be glad you did. :h
                Cool. I'm going to rent it tonight. Thanks for the recommendation!
                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanna say a big hello to The Fin :wavin: Real good to see you again!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1458170 wrote: Thanks Tess - :bigwink:

K9 -HOLY CANOLI! A big :thanks: for rec on Flight. Just watched the trailer and now have to go rent it & watch with the fam...
                    Just a bit of a warning, there is full nuditiy RIGHT at the beginning, and seriously harsh protrayal of alcohol/drug abuse throughout. Just wanted to let you know in case some of your familly is on the younger side...
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1458200 wrote: Just wanna say a big hello to The Fin :wavin: Real good to see you again!
                      RC! Thanks for the note. You're doing awesome, buddy. You're on the 6th floor -- day 67?! Very-very cool. I'm down here in the lobby for awhile. I'm gunning for the first floor, however. 10 days here I come...

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1458203 wrote: Just a bit of a warning, there is full nuditiy RIGHT at the beginning, and seriously harsh protrayal of alcohol/drug abuse throughout. Just wanted to let you know in case some of your familly is on the younger side...
                        Thanks for the parental desecration warning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

There's a lot of wisdom in this nest lately!!!!! I'm loving it as it's getting to the root of the real problem many of us are wrestling with vs. just the symptoms. That inner child is the key. I'm really latching onto that more and more everyday. That's where the true healing needs to be. Alcohol abuse is a symptom of an abused and neglected inner child, imo. That proverbial hole inside is the lack of warmth, love, purity and safety that inner child is in need of. We've forgotten about her/him and how to nurture our true being.

Ellie, I see someone found Kuya's post about abusing our inner child. Here's the other post you were referring to. When we all put our collective heads together in this room, it provides a lot of support. You never know what will help someone.

That is the real you trying to reach the out of control you. It's good to purge like that. The truth is trying to come out, but take it easy on yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day and loving and liking yourself takes some time. You can start working to love yourself now as you are. As you change things you don't like about yourself, you will begin to like yourself again, too. One day and one step at a time. For now, the focus is shedding the alcohol abuse. That has to come first. Make that the priority, not weight loss or all the other things you don't like about yourself, but LOVE yourself as is. Love and like are different animals. Get off your own back, so that negativity doesn't trigger you to reach for the escape route.
                          Fin, it's great to see you back. I recently found my way back to the nest as well. Jump on in; the water is warm. You just have to get used to it.

Kradle, nice to hear from you again. I haven't wandered far from the nest these days. I'm using most of my energy here. I'm, also, having link problems in the 'Just Starting Out' section. Maybe some nest time will help you with the emotional feelings you are having? Lately, there has been more discussions about the inner child we have lost contact with and have treated so badly. It may help. Your children are beautiful, btw.

K9, I've had several people recommend Flight. I see it is available on Amazon on Demand now, so I'll have to rent it. My last movie I watched was 'Safety Not Guaranteed'. I really liked it and the ending was perfect, imo. It delivers a good message, imo.

A good afternoon to all! Grab a hand or lend a hand; we're all in this together.:l

Love,

Slay
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Slay it's good to be back in the saddle and HippyMan, thanks again for the inspiring ihanzi / kanji image. I like it so much I applied it to my avatar. Should help this week!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1458268 wrote: Thanks, Slay it's good to be back in the saddle and HippyMan, thanks again for the inspiring ihanzi / kanji image. I like it so much I applied it to my avatar. Should help this week!
                              You are very welcome. Stay STRONG. We are all here working on beating the beast. Together we can heal!
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1458248 wrote: RC! Thanks for the note. You're doing awesome, buddy. You're on the 6th floor -- day 67?! Very-very cool. I'm down here in the lobby for awhile. I'm gunning for the first floor, however. 10 days here I come...
                                Fin - One way to look at life is to see that we can only live in this moment. We can't go back one hour or one day. It's impossible to live in, say, next month. In that sense, we are ALL in the lobby -- just hanging out together and sharing life. We only have NOW. And there's no place we Nesters would rather be than in the lobby with you. ~ :chick:
                                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X