X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

We are all rooting for you Fin!!! :thumbs:
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

decided to trek into the city for the lunch. Thankfully, no one drank during lunch ( that is really unusual)....AFTER lunch, we left the restaurant. Everyone turned right and were going to a bar. I turned left and walked to the train station. I am home and AF.

Now I just have to get through tomorrow!

Feeling so very tired these past 5 days. Could that be withdrawal? I didn't experience such fatigue last time ..... other than that, I feel good and DETERMINED.
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1458282 wrote: We are all rooting for you Fin!!! :thumbs:
        I feel it! Thanks, all and have a safe night.

PS: Check out the status of my new boat build: Soo psyched! The Grand Canyon is off, but the boat build continues:
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way COOL!!!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1458303 wrote: Way COOL!!!
            Shit yeah, Hippy...this thing is gonna be beautiful! Decking goes in by Friday. Should be totally done by end of March, beginning of April.
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow Fin, I know nothing about boat building but that is impressive!!!
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;1457912 wrote: Good morning friends! It is so great to see new newcomers coming together.

...What I do know is how strong and powerful the support is here. When I realized that I wasn't getting out of this hell by myself, this forum provided the outside help that I knew I needed...
                Hey Pinecone - Yes, I agree: the support here is amazing!! I tend to be a loner, an introvert, a solitary soul, but as you say so well: "I wasn't getting out of this hell by myself." I tried to escape from hell, mostly on my own, for five years. And for five years I was not able to do it. Yet, within 24 hours of finding this website I was on my way to freedom. Has it been easy? Nope. Were days 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 29 difficult? Yup. Really painful. But I am sober and happy and free. I love my Nest-mates - every single one of you!! :thanksbubble:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for nice responses Monday. Day 3 here and think I will set that goal of 30, Byrdie. Rhyming haha...congrats on the left turn Jenniech.... Hard to do but worth it... Cool boat Fin! Looking at some of On my ways old advice .... I think I will write a graphic portrayal of how drunk, hungover , ashamed really feels tonight to have that when I start romanticizing that one cold beer.... Yea right! And, Byrdie you're right it's all excuses....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin!! Wow! Fine work, MR!! My hubs would be commenting on your well-appointed garage! I'm so glad you are back on board! Grab the 'oh shit' handle...we're right here with you!

Ican, great job on Day 3! You are operating under your own power now! I am so happy you are with us! Just get thru this day...and next thing you know, you'll be getting your 30 day HAT! Those excuses held me back for years....YEARS! UGG!

Hugs all....B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Beautiful boat, Fin! Great job on three days, Ican- three days is Awesome! Keep up the good work!
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there, found this site a couple of years ago but didn't have the courage to be AF. Today I do and it's just day 1. Not sure how I'll go, but I'm giving it all I've got. Got some vitamins, lots of nonalcoholic, healthy drinks, good food, and some vacation leave. I've been researching around and there are some who choose to just cut back. I'd like to do that, cut back to just social drinking instead of every evening. But I'm not sure if I can do that. Might have to go the whole hog and just stop altogether. You all seem to be doing great. Thanks for the community, it will make the journey easier. Xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1458316 wrote: Beautiful boat, Fin! Great job on three days, Ican- three days is Awesome! Keep up the good work!
                          Star - I tried to send you a message a while ago. I sometimes have a difficult time navigating the website. "Operator error" - as is always the case. Star - what I said in my previous post (now, I think, floating in cyberspace) is that I really enjoy sharing a twig just next to you in Newbies Nest. Thank you for your care and love and wisdom. ~ :heart:
                          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Irishtea, welcome!!! You have landed in a great spot! You already have a wonderful plan of attack going. Please visit the Tool Box, link is in my signature line below, and fill out the rest of your Plan. What is a Plan? This is your blue print for success! This is figuring out what you are going to tell people when they offer you a drink! This is what you are going to do to fill your evening hours that you have now reclaimed! This is surrounding yourself with things you love to do and eat! You will get a feel for your Plan in the Tool Box. Keep yourself full and hydrated! Go to bed early if you have to..we are so glad you're with us! Settle in!
                            Have a safe, sober night everyone!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fin and welcome back.......cool boat indeed. Have you an idea what makes you slip? It might be worth giving the circumstances a thought in these early days.

Hi Irish and :welcome:

Perhaps it would be good to tell us a little about yourself, it helps to write it out, clarify if you will.

Good to hear so much positivity today

Keep trucking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters ..... I havent been by the Nest too much lately.... life has been pretty hectic.... but I pop in long enough to post on RolllCall every day. Glad to see everyone doing well. Welcome back Fin.....the important thing is that you came back ....... and what a cool project you have going! Please post more photos as it progresses. I went sailing in N.Z. on my friends boat that her husband built. We were 3 adults and 3 kids and it was a marvelous 10 day adventure we had. What are your plans for her? And do you have her name picked out yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X