Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

irish, welcome....I do think I have lots in common with you as far as the way I approached drinking people....it'really something how alike we all are....

mimi....it's funny....I would pretty much consider you an old timer - as I do remember you from almost the time that I joined...and on - you've been here on and off pretty consistently. i hope you don't take that the wrong way - in my opinoin - truly from my heart....that means that mimi is still here....just as I am still here, as Lav and K 9 or lav or Byrdie are still here. You are no less successful than any of us are. We are all successes because we are still sincere about getting AL out of our lives. No matter what stage we are at....any one of us could be back at day one at the drop of the hat if we don't keep remembering why we are here in the first place....
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1458821 wrote: irish, welcome....I do think I have lots in common with you as far as the way I approached drinking people....it'really something how alike we all are....

mimi....it's funny....I would pretty much consider you an old timer - as I do remember you from almost the time that I joined...and on - you've been here on and off pretty consistently. i hope you don't take that the wrong way - in my opinoin - truly from my heart....that means that mimi is still here....just as I am still here, as Lav and K 9 or lav or Byrdie are still here. You are no less successful than any of us are. We are all successes because we are still sincere about getting AL out of our lives. No matter what stage we are at....any one of us could be back at day one at the drop of the hat if we don't keep remembering why we are here in the first place....
      Indeed Lola

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4- irritable. Glad to see you all though! Fin, I'm scared to death of being boring or not interesting while sober! Ugh

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican...am I boring and uninteresting? (careful!!) Whatever you think AL brings out is still under there....where do you think it comes from? It's YOU! If you ask me, you will be MORE interesting and engaging. Drunk people are not nearly as interesting as I thought they were....Not even close. Fear getting hit by a drunk driver...but please don't be afraid of being boring! Just my 2 cents....b
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, loved the movie! Thx K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, I'm new. Am an old person, but new here. I used my last straw, hense my screen name. I don't think anyone knows I drink.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1458839 wrote: Hi, I'm new. Am an old person, but new here. I used my last straw, hense my screen name. I don't think anyone knows I drink.
                Last Straw - Welcome!! We love you already!! None of us thought that anyone knew we drank. We (well, most of us) thought we were keeping a big secret. We were only kidding ourselves. Hell, we could have gone to work for CIA, so careful were we. Tell us a bit more of your story.
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;1458714 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Tess I see what you are getting at with "stages" etc. I think about that alot, but haven't come up with anything yet. It shows itself to me when I imagine a response to someone's post, and then someone comes along with a much much better response. I'm still thinking about this...

Have a great AF day everyone!
                  Pinecone - No one comes along with a much much better response. Any response from our heart, from our experience with alcohol, is the best response. Most people (in my view) just need someone willing to listen, willing to extend a bruised hand, willing to be gentle.

You are amazing, Pinecone. You quietly hold us in your care. Thank you!!

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tess, Thanks.
                    I drank (funny to say that as being in the past) mostly after going to bed. Didn't want to get in a car drunk.
                    But that hopefully stays in the past. Been OK for 2 days.
                    Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Laststraw!
                      We are so glad to have you here! Stick close to us...we know how hard this can be (boy do we know)...but together we can all succeed. Keep posting so we can get to know you better :h

Welcome back Mimi!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1458839 wrote: Hi, I'm new. Am an old person, but new here. I used my last straw, hense my screen name. I don't think anyone knows I drink.
                        Hi Laststraw! I'm new too. I've hidden empty bottles in the back of the fridge so it didn't look like I drank the whole thing. I always take out the recycling as well, so no one else knows just how many wine bottles there are! You are not alone...

Irish xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just had a rip roaring crazy evening with my grandsons. They are incredibly busy guys at the age of 4 & almost 2! Granny Lav would never have been able to cope with a hangover ~ hence I remain AF

Hello & welcome Laststraw!
                          Glad you found us, please settle in & make yourself comfortable in the nest

Recycling bins don't hide as much as you think :H
                          Last week my neighbor put her recycling out for pick up on a very windy day. I came home to find the contents of her bin strewn all over the road ~ yeah, she drinks :H

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Can't wait to see what tomorrow's Nor'easter brings, ugh.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

No you're not boring, B! Never. Welcome last straw! Day 4 for me hang in! Sooooo glad u came

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters, it's Day 4 feeling empowered and grateful! I had a really great, busy
                              Day. I actually accomplished a ton of work today. I have been working on boundaries with my counselor, and was able to say "No I'm busy at the moment, I'm sorry"! I had an unexpected counseling session today due to a cancelation. I feel very good about my progress, I am still building my foundation but progress is a good thing.

Baseball practice today with my 14 yr old son. (Coaching) My good friend and fellow Coach said " you look great, and going AF is really working for you, great job, keep it up!" He said " last year you would have been 10 beers in BEFORE practice! How sad was that, a Coach that always had a buzz while trying to instruct his kids.
                              I did some quick math, My wife and I drank over 500 bottles of wine (500 Really), is that crazy or what!

Lolab: Awesome and very inspiring, it so resembles my progression to this point in my life.

Kuya: The thought that we are fighting a Terminal Illness really hits home. If we were told we had another life threatening disease we would do anything in our power to try to find a cure! Thanks Kuya.

Birdie: Thanks. I'm at least a 2 on your 1-4 scale, but have had an eye opener on occasion!

Elliesmom: I forgot about that movie, I'm gonna watch it again. So sad but true. Thanks

Irish: Welcome, I'm very new here also. It's a wonderful place here, so full of hope and support!

Tess: I cried in my counseling session too! I feel so much better having shared my problems and issues. I never ever cry! My mom died 2 years ago and not a tear. I loved my mom very much, not a tear. I think we may be making progress!

Laststraw: I did the very same things, we are all in the same boat. We need to all row in the same direction! Welcome,

Take care and God bless my friends!

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1458852 wrote: Hi Tess, Thanks.
                                I drank (funny to say that as being in the past) mostly after going to bed. Didn't want to get in a car drunk.
                                But that hopefully stays in the past. Been OK for 2 days.
                                Thanks for the reply.

Last Straw - I drank mostly before
                                going to bed. We are all different. And we are all the same.

Congrats on 2 sober days!! That is no small feat. Proud of you!!

Your drinking IS in the past. One moment ago is now the past. Over.

We are all living in THIS moment. This sober moment. And we add up our sober moments. And the math becomes joy. Welcome!!

I'm going to bed. Let's chat again, in The Nest, tomorrow. ~ :chick:

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X