Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1459043 wrote: Happy Friday Nesters. Well it's an exciting weekend for Hippy. A dear friend has lost her place to live so I need to see how I can help her. There are a group of friends that are going over to help her pack and another friend who opened the door and welcomed her to stay there. You never really seem to appreciate what you have til it's gone. I'm grateful for all my blessings! :l

I have a huge pot of chicken vegetable noodle soup that I got up early to make, cooking away on the stove. I figured I'd fill the crock~pot and take it along to be able to feed the helpers some "chicken soup for their caring souls".
    Keep smiling and STAY SOBER! Don't forget to give someone a HUG today!

Okay, Hippy, I wanted to get very large and colorful for you. Just for you, Hippy. I would not embarrass myself in this way for just anyone, you see?? I love you!!

God bless your crock~pot of chicken soup. Sometimes the most simple answers are the most elusive. Hell, people are scurrying to make everything right in the world when all that we need a is bowl of chicken soup: prepared with love.

Soo... my friend. I need to focus on homework. Always lots of homework. But, in my imagination, I will be sharing a delicious and comforting bowl of soup with you and your friends.

Carry on. ~ :clapclap:
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay, Tess, I honestly believe that the social pressure to be thin is the root cause of alcoholism in many women. Arriving home hungry, denying that hunger and finding distraction and comfort by intoxication.

If food isn't put back in the equation, quitting alcohol will be VERY hard IMO.

Elliesmum....congrats on seven whole days......that is awesome! :goodjob:

Slay ..... You are doing so well and sound so much more relaxed, I am so happy for you. :h

It is Saturday morning here and the weekend that used to spent avoiding alcohol is now a blank canvas of opportunity. I can do ANYTHING I want, it is like being a child again only now I have control of the money ! YAY

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1459241 wrote:
        ...If food isn't put back in the equation, quitting alcohol will be VERY hard IMO...
        Hey, kuya. Happy to hear from you. What is IMO? :what?:
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

that one took me a while too, Tess- its' "in my opinion" and if they write imho it's in my honest opinion and guess what imvho is????
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Eating and drinking become such habits. I wouldn't eat a cookie so I could have those calories for AL. In truth, most of what I ate and drank was mindless. I chugged the wine (vodka before that...I switched to wine because I thought my problem was with vodka...didn't have a problem with wine at all! Moral: AL is AL). So I am amused when my AL brain (Dick Head) says...ahhh the taste of the wine! It's a bunch of hooey! I gulped it from a box in my closet! I drank it from a dam hairspray bottle in bathroom stalls! Then tried to remove the taste with a mint!! The taste was endured, it was the buzz I was after.

When you are eating now, especially if it's a reward for a job well done....try and slow down and really taste it. Appreciate it! It makes the reward even better (and it don't get much bedda dan a cookie!!). I think Lav calls this mindfulness....B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1459251 wrote: Hey, kuya. Happy to hear from you. What is IMO? :what?:
              IMO..... In my opinion

IMVHO....... In my very humble, or honest, opinion

Comment

Newbies Nest

IMO important than UMO. :H
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I saved a bowl of soup for you Tess! Yum, YUM. Everyone loved it. My Grandma always said that many hands make easy work. She was so wise. We got her all packed up and ready to move. I even took a load of things to donate to the local animal shelter charity shop. They do such a good job saving peoples discarded pets and have so little funding. It feels so good to help them!Now...Hippy is sure tired and kinda dirty. I think it's time for a bath and the a nap! ! :bath2:
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1459207 wrote: Thanks, K9! You should post that every Friday! (and Saturday and... ).
                    i think she does nosugar!!! :H It's like our expected K9 "weekend rally"...

Just gotta say what an inspiring bunch we have here in the nest. I'm proud and happy to be a part of it. Even if it's a small part.

jennie, you sound good....level headed and willing to do what it takes.

mimi, don't write anything off yet. It takes a long time to figure out where you stand with relationships after the alcohol is gone. There is so much "annoyance" in the beginning....I think I hated everybody for awhile. There will come a day when you look at your life rationally but it's definitely not early on.....just focus on yourself and worry about the rest later...:l

Sending a big hug out to each and every nester. If you're feeling weak, or tempted hop on here this weekend.

lola
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1459213 wrote: O My Gravy, People. Thanks so much.
                      After reading LAVANDE's post...I remember the night a few years ago, when the garbage collector was coming the next morning, I'd stashed a bunch of bottles disguised in kitty litter bags and droppings. It became windy and I was afraid the can would spill out and I would be discovered. So I told hubby I'd take care of putting the garbie can out in the morning. So ashamed, but not ashamed enough to quit right then.
                      I haven't told anyone this.
                      It's such a lifesaver to have you people here. Thanks so much.
                      :welcome: I am so glad that you found us. Stay close. Read and post often. I look forward to getting to know you! :l
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab, I have to agree, we DO have a great bunch of nesters!
                        I was thinking just this morning...when I started out here, there'd only be 2 or 3 messages a day in the NN! The rest of the threads were for people who had been here a while, or so I thought. Poor Lav had plenty of time to peck some sense into me!

I'ma check out that movie, 'Flight' tomorrow! Hugs! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

soup looks pretty good hippy!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

paulywogg;1459363 wrote: soup looks pretty good hippy!
                            Thanks Pauly. That was just a pic from photobucket. My soup had carrots, corn and celery plus lots of fresh herbs in it with great big wide egg noodles. Hmm, now I'm getting hungry. What's for supper??? :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want to drink at someone. I'm frustrated. Advice? Just realizing what a trigger that has been for me

Comment

Newbies Nest

About to turn the lights out here at the office and feeling like I'm on a great new start on my AF path -- This time 4 Sure to quote Hippy.

Be good,
                                -Fin
                                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Working...
                                X