Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all!

I've been here for over 2 1/2 years and never been to newbies nest, that I recall. I can't believe what I have been missing! You all look like a grand bunch. Just stopped by to say "Hi"! This certainly is a great place to accomplish you goals regarding alcohol.

We are expecting a big snow where I live tomorrow nite into wednesday. Wish I could stay home in front of the fire, but duty calls and must go out to work.

Hugs to all! Best
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Way to go Dill...AF day feels pretty good, eh? Bestlifeldms, welcome to you. I just started this thread about 7 months ago, so you probably just didn't see us before....great to have you join our family....pull up a twig and stay a while.
      Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Renewal, You sound like you're feeling back up to par! That's great! Yes, AF feels good, and it's really a gift to be discovering that. I'm glad all you birds of a feather are here to help!

OK, I'm going to wax poetic. Here's the whole Mother Goose rhyme for all the nestlings to ponder:

Birds of a feather flock together,
        And so will pigs and swine;
        Rats and mice will have their choice,
        And so will I have mine.

Goodnight little nesters!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

On that note, goodnight Dill and goodnight to all my other little ducklings. As always, I'll be around to tuck you in. Sweet dreams (as long as Clooney, Pitt, Depp and Bloom aren't in them) to you all................................
          Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night night Papa Renewal and all other lil birdies!

Sweet dreams (and don't listen to Mr. party pooper...dream of them boyz!) and have a wonderful sleep!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nestlers,
              I can't believe I'm the first one here today!

Renewal-you do sound alittle perkyer than you did. working alot of hours and being sick at the same time is just no fun.

Dill-Af definitly feels better. Mother Goose was really kind of a strange bird. Don't you think?

Sunshine-always glad to see. You do manage to keep a positive attitude.

To all my other feathery friends to follow-have a good and safe day.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day to you Renewal, SS and lilmea and all to come! Looks like lilmea gets the worm for today! Don't worry, I'm thinking gummy worm. What color do you want?
                Yes, lilmea, Mother Goose was indeed a strange bird, but I have always loved those nursery rhymes. They hold memories of having them read to me as a child and of reading them to my children. And now that I'm a grown up bird, I like reviewing them and looking up their historical signifigance. I mean, we're not talking 24/7 or anything! I'm not THAT much of a cuckoo!
                Hey, to each their own!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm not THAT much of a cuckoo!
                  *snicker* That's what SHE says!!

Morning, goslings!

Yes, lilmea is the early bird today - a round of worms on the house! Errrm nest, I guess. I'm already getting silly - this better not keep up all day.

So, everyone is feeling purdy good, then? I am.. as far as the beast goes, anyways. I really need to bring up my productivity - that's the one thing bugging me big time lately. I spend too much time HERE reading, watching Intervention on youtube when I should be working, etc.

Right. So, off I go, flutter, whatever then.
                  Beaks up and wings back... brace for a great AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Work? Did you say work Sun? Gotta prioritize my dear......besides, IF George is around as you say he is.....no need to work........sooooo, maybe he isn't real, eh......hhhhmmmm, ...all I'll add is, have you seen me over here in my green robe?
                    Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Even with George around I still need to work! Do I look like a kept birdie!!!! Sheeeesh!
                      Besides, the poor bloke needs a rest every now and then - he ain't 20 anymore, ya know! :H

Nope... see, that's what's wrong with the green robe... totally blends into the nest's fauna! Pink would stand out so much betters. ALL the chicks would notice ya!

I'm here reading again, aren't I? Damn. Off I go again. Have a great afternoon, chicklets!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree with Sun, the green robe is blending in. Perhaps we could interest you in neon green? With feathered cuffs and collar?
                        Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hey Dill.....aah...not helping here.......Sun, what the hell is 'fauna?' Don't think I have one of those....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nestlings! Having a busy day today, have not had time to check in since I left for work this morning. Sun, don't you dare wear out George, he needs to have his energy for me tonight!

AF last night so feeling good today albeit a little tired. But put a roast in the crockpot this morning and can't wait to go home and pig out on tonights dinner. I may even work out tonight!

Take care nestlings!
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nestlings,
                              I wasn't going to mention this but it's been at the edge of my mind all day.

I had this really weird drinking dream last night. I dreamt I was dragging this 4' tall cooler behind me full of beer. Actually alot of emptys too as I guess I had been drinking. Any way then I go get this awful hair cut. The guy just really chopped it up bad. When I complained about it he said what did I expect sense I was so drunk. I woke myself up. Took a minute to make sure I hadn't been drinking. (wheeew) and then of course made sure I still had my hair, lol!

Any way I realize this is all part of the recovery process even still some withdrawal maybe. Anyway it has sort of made me feel -i'm not sure how-bad I guess all day. I hope no one minds me talking about this here.

But I'm still AF today even if I am whinnning alttle. All you fellow peeps have a great evening.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l lilmea!!! Don't you dare feel bad about talking about how you feel! That's what this is about, ya know!? *sheeesh*

I have those dreams too.. from time to time.. not the haircut one, though! I dream of both.. drinking AND smoking! Weird, eh? And yeah.. some mornings I was a little freaked out, at least until I realized it was just a dream.

Hang in there... in time those dreams will disappear, too!

Comment

Working...
                                X