Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin;1459370 wrote: About to turn the lights out here at the office and feeling like I'm on a great new start on my AL path -- This time 4 Sure to quote Hippy.

Be good,
    -Fin
    I hope thats not a freudian slip. did you mean an AF PATH
    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

That soup sounds awesome, and how lovely of you to think of taking it for your friends. Good luck to your friend who needs to find a place.

Thanks also to everyone for their amazing posts again. This is my third morning on here and I just love reading all the comments, advice and encouragement!

I have a confession to make. I finished reading Alan Carr's book and at the end he says, now have one last drink and see how foul it tastes. At first I wasn't going to because I'd already been almost 2 days AF. But then thought, okay why not. Big mistake. Of course I ended up having more than one! I am definitely on the cusp between stage 2 and 3 because I definitely can't control how much I have once I start. *sigh* there will have to be no moderation, no half measures, its all or nothing. So... Starting on day 1 again AL really is an evil poison.

Thanks to you all for being here. I now have to tell my partner when she gets home that I drank last night. Feeling very ashamed

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1459377 wrote: I hope thats not a freudian slip. did you mean an AF PATH
        YES! I then went back and fixed it. Good god, man...way to go with your effort.
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I loved your song earlier! You are picking like never before! I'm so proud of you...

Ican...all that drinking AT someone will do is trash YOU! That's ain't right...grab hold of your mind and redirect it. I try to bear in mind that serenity prayer...change the things/people you can, and hopefully have the wisdom to know when you can't. It's OK to be pissed off at someone, but don't take it out on the most wonderful person there is....YOU! Run over to the thread #@$%&*()( and blow off some steam...even I've let it rip over there~ if it's family that's got you riled up, I totally understand!!!! Hang in there, don't let the bastards get you down!!! Be good to yourself! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1459377 wrote: I hope thats not a freudian slip. did you mean an AF PATH
            PATRICK I HAVE MISSED YOU

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1459368 wrote: I want to drink at someone. I'm frustrated. Advice? Just realizing what a trigger that has been for me
              Ican, good on you for realising that frustration is a trigger. That's the hardest part for me - I have so many of them! Lol. I'm a newbie and an unsuccessful one so far so not sure I'd have any advice to offer but I can offer encouragement. And I can say how BAD it feels the next morning when you give in. Not even the hangover, but the guilt and shame.... Like someone earlier said (sorry, forgot who it was... So many lovely posts here), you never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. Totally awesome wisdom that.

Best wishes and stay confident,
              Irish x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Irish...it's good that you know and accept this fact. This is a GOOD thing! If you had started out with that big question in your head, it might have caused you to fall further into your quit. Now you know...move along...nothing to see here...keep it moving! This time 4 sure~ (Hippy, you should register that!!) B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's the little details that count

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Byrdie just a learning curve !!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

off to bed
                      heres a goodnight song for those who pm'd asking how I was
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGYNuoCigGY[/video]]Big gay Al - I'm super! - YouTube
                      :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1459386 wrote: Irish...it's good that you know and accept this fact. This is a GOOD thing! If you had started out with that big question in your head, it might have caused you to fall further into your quit. Now you know...move along...nothing to see here...keep it moving! This time 4 sure~ (Hippy, you should register that!!) B
                        Thanks Byrdlady, yes, I suppose it IS a good thing to have found that out now. That makes me feel much better and even more determined to get this monster off my back.

Hugs to you all,
                        Irish x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican -

I drank AT someone for years. What it got me was nasty hangovers, splotchy skin, 15 extra pounds, 2 DUI's, mysterious bruises, embarrassment, shame, anxiety, regret...and my favorite, a cellmate named Diablo (that stole my jail-issued shoes!). I really "showed him" didn't I? If only I would have exercised AT him all those times....:baaah:
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1459402 wrote: Ican -

I drank AT someone for years. What it got me was nasty hangovers, splotchy skin, 15 extra pounds, 2 DUI's, mysterious bruises, embarrassment, shame, anxiety, regret...and my favorite, a cellmate named Diablo (that stole my jail-issued shoes!). I really "showed him" didn't I? If only I would have exercised AT him all those times....:baaah:
                            K9 - What is AT? I have my protective wing around you. Something here is kind of giving me the creeps. Not you. Just something...
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeppers Fin, You can stay sober. This time 4 sure!!!

Fin;1459370 wrote: About to turn the lights out here at the office and feeling like I'm on a great new start on my AF path -- This time 4 Sure to quote Hippy.

Be good,
                              -Fin
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all; after my great resolve, I mess up again!!!! Was ok until I got a call from my dads oncologist at 6.30 tonight. They rang earlier in the week to book his treatment in 2 weeks time - chemo and radio. Tonight he tells me they are stopping all treatment as they are not sure his liver will be able to carry him through. He called my mum first and dad answered, then mum, so she knows. I called her and she doesn't want me to tell dad until Monday. I understand why - he may go downhill without the hope. It is such a burden. None of my family can know in case it slips out.
                                Just shit. Shit. Shit. Sorry, but if I am getting back on board here, I need to keep posting. Mum then wants me down to tell him wee porkies to carry him through until Monday as he has had his best 3 days in 2 months - again, I understand but I worry if he finds out that he won't trust me.......
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X