Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

So sorry Siren. Don't go far. We'll still be here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Going for it again today. Lav, we had a nurse from hospice care in yesterday morning to introduce herself. It was so strange that she arrived just when things seem ok. She was impressed with how well dad was.
      His belly was distended with fluid - we got it down with juicing. Diabetes was showing high sugar readings and we started injections 2 days ago, and the confusion has gone for 3 days. I know this is good for now, but we have been in turmoil for 2 months and crying out for help. He has been so ill. Even 4 days ago, he was wandering about the house, getting names mixed up and completely disorientated and confused. Just so sad. Then he comes out of it and seems relieved to be back.
      I feel a relief that there is other care now in the background if we should need them.
      Drinking does make it worse and I know that. In 2 years, this is the biggest setback I have had and I want so much to get back to sober. Today is a new day and here I go again.
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters! I'm up bright and early today. My whole sleeping patterns have changed. I'm not sure if that is due to being AF or the stress I've endured. Anyhow, I plan to make this another productive and positive day. My carpet is getting a bath today and I've already cleaned my Chinchilla's cage. This is certainly a new routine for me...up and being productive this early in the morning? My Chinchilla Chewy is a real rascal!!!

Daisy, I'm glad you have some help with this. One way to think about it is that it would be nice for your dad to know you are sober for both YOU and him. As a parent, when I came out of those confused moments I would want to see that my child is doing alright. That's a powerful gift you can give to someone who has loved you and who you love. I know it's hard because I've struggled with heartache and pain and used AL to escape or cope with it, but try to get right back on track because it only makes it worse for everyone when you get down to it. I did use it, so I do understand, but nothing lasts forever and take care of yourself because the future is still waiting for a healthy you to have a healthy life. Care for you, too, and try and find someone to talk your feelings out with. That will help you understand and accept them as part of life's journey and change the thoughts you can.

Siren, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm in the throws of all of that heartbreak, too. I have to go to court at the end of this month (nerve racking). However, I've passed through the labored breathing and extreme pain phase. While you get this situation resolved in your head, you'll feel the pain which is part of the process of these kinds of problems and then begin to travel to the other side whether it works out or doesn't. The AL just made my depression worse, but at my weakest point, I did buckle to it. We are here for you, though. Knowing someone is there and cares enough to listen is of great help...even a counselor or close friend? There are an abundance of thoughts and feelings you are going through at this time that can seem overwhelming and very dark. Trust me, though, there is light over yonder and you will see it again...just don't self destruct.:l:h

Hang tough all...it gets better!

Love,

Slay Attached files [img]/converted_files/2050591=7406-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2050591=7407-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2050591=7408-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning
          snowed in...so pretty outside...but thankfully, I did not lose power. That is the ultimate trigger for me!! Dealing with a full plate between job and family. Trying to remain calm and trying to figure out next best step. Thank you all for your input!

I have been SO TIRED lately and sleeping SO MUCH....weird because this did not happen to me in my past quits. Honestly? I feel like this time I am sitting with my feelings. I am examining them and really trying to figure them out this time. For example, when the going got tough yesterday with my son, my initial reaction was to turn away from my husband and block it out... (yes, I tend to do this sober as well). Instead, I fought that feeling and stayed in the moment. I am forcing myself to deal with my problems. As a result, I think I am wearing myself out and needing more sleep. Did you know that parenting was hard??? :H
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday Nesters! I'm often asked how I stay so happy all the time. My nickname is the "Happy Hippy with a bag of Jelly Beans" (Don't ask about the jelly beans) :H I truly believe that real happiness comes from inside and is something you have to make an internal quest for. My best advise to be happy is to focus on what you do want and to pay very little attention to what you don't want. If it seems like the world is falling down around you, find one little thing that is "right". Focus on that one little "right" thing and it will get bigger and better and more "right" things will be added to it. Universal law states that you get more of what ever you put your attention on. You can't have MONEY, HEALTH, LOVE, PEACE SOBRIEY ETC. by focusing on the lack of it! Focus on the times you have stayed alcohol free!!! Look for the good (no matter how small) and praise it. I think It's the surest way to have more good come to you. Have a great sober weekend and don't forget that self love comes first!!!:l
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was going to post that I am disappointed that I did not do day 1 yesterday but after reading Hippymans post I have to say I am happy to be starting over today - better than drinking!
              I am looking forward to feeling happy and well again. I look forward to sleeping better, looking better and getting some exercise back in my life.
              The good news is that as long as I don't drink today then these things are already beginning.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob: Look for the good and praise it!!! You can get sober and stay sober. I know you can!
                daisy45;1459698 wrote: I was going to post that I am disappointed that I did not do day 1 yesterday but after reading Hippymans post I have to say I am happy to be starting over today - better than drinking!
                I am looking forward to feeling happy and well again. I look forward to sleeping better, looking better and getting some exercise back in my life.
                The good news is that as long as I don't drink today then these things are already beginning.....
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Feeling a bit guilty that the big storm completely bypassed my area. I have friends & family buried in snow right now.

I have my daughter & grandaughter keeping me company which is great

Wishing everyone a lovely AF Saturday! Daisy, stay focused today! Siren, thinking about you as well.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters:

Happy Saturday! The day seems so full of hope. Wishing everyone Peace and Calm.

Going exercise. Hopefully I can spend a little time with my family and continue the repairs on my shaky bridges. Who knows? I will try as hard as I can and put it in Gods hands, that's all we can do.

I appreciate each and everyone of y'all!!!

jIMMY

Comment

Newbies Nest

jIMMYDAMA;1459713 wrote: Good morning Nesters:

Happy Saturday! The day seems so full of hope. Wishing everyone Peace and Calm.

Going exercise. Hopefully I can spend a little time with my family and continue the repairs on my shaky bridges. Who knows? I will try as hard as I can and put it in Gods hands, that's all we can do.

I appreciate each and everyone of y'all!!!

jIMMY
                      Peace to you my brother! :goodjob: I believe that gratitude is the purest emotion on the planet and I'm so happy to see you feeling it! It will serve you well. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All....I haven't been posting a ton as I have not been feeling well. I have been reading though.....and am on 6 consecutive days of no alcohol. I watched to movie Flight last night after someone here had posted about it. I can't begin to explain how much that movie moved me. I highly recommend watching it. I hope you all have a wonderful happy AF day.
                        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                        ~Author Unknown
                        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                          The satrt of day 4 for me.
                          Thanks to those who replied to my comments with enouraging words. Y'all already mean so much to me. I see so much of me in your comments. It's so different to know of so many who have so much in common with me. Never had that before. Thanks for your love for each other and me. I read all your posts, every word.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I am just back from my first walk in months and I have to say it felt good. Heading out shopping for some decent food now. So looking forward to feeling better. Lav, thanks, keeping it together today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, all -- I went to a celebration for a colleague last night in a bar, which I didn't want to do, and woke up this morning feeling hung over. I had a headache, sore back and really sore arm. Except that it was because: (1) I went to bed so early and slept so long that I was laying down too long for my back; (2) I was sleeping so deeply that I slept on my arm wrong; (3) The headache? Well, still purging AL from my system, I think, because they've been there every morning. Because all I had last night was a club soda with cranberry juice (and fruit to make it look special). Getting over that "first" I think I can do more.

My 15 yo asked if we could have a garden this summer and start seeds this weekend. Looking outside at 2 feet of snow, with another foot coming tomorrow, planning a garden seems ridiculous and impossible --- and so the exact perfect thing to do!

Straw: You're not alone anymore. Loneliness has been the name of the game for so long. It's crazy how even when you're with the people you love and who love you most, that one dark secrets makes you feel nothing but isolation no matter who you're with. Hang in there together with me and others! :l

Happy beautiful Saturday, all!
                              Elliesmom

-------------------------------

For supplement dosage/schedule go to:
                              http://www.mywayout.org/supps/update.pdf

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks elliesmom. Yep, quite lonely. Now I have a different secret I can't tell anyone. You guys. At least this is a healthy secret.

Comment

Working...
                                X