Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening All! I'm beat from a day of labor. ZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzz...

You'll all be spared my long diatribe tonight. LOL! I hope everyone had a strong AF day.

Kuya, I agree on your assessment of it being better this way and to have a clear head. I am the star witness in the PA case for DV, so I need to be there all the way. It's going to be tough. They feel they have a good case and aren't offering a plea. There is a no contact order from the judge and I haven't seen him since December 7, so the jury trial will be the first time. Not only will I be a nervous wreck having to testify in a courtroom with a jury and his attorney badgering me with questions, but I will have to see him again for the first time. I'm sure it will invoke a lot of emotion and to have to testify against someone you loved and protected is not something I am looking forward to. The bright side is I'll have over 30 days under my belt by then, so that should help keep me strong. Maybe I should get a neon sign for my place that flashes 'Hang Tough, Slay; Be strong!' lol

Night everyone.

Love,

Slay
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

You will be fine Slay :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caper;1459987 wrote: Yah, I'm fine, thanks...
        kuya;1459993 wrote:
        What's up caper? Your mood says lonely, but you hardly ever post.

You wanna chat ?
        I just received this PM from Caper, not the first person to be subject to a 'nasty gram' from this person. Maybe the first to decide enough is enough.

(Quote)
        thanks
        yes, but with anyone but you. Sorry....

(End quote)

ANYONE BUT ME ?????.............does that include Hitler?

To simply not reply or ignore would suffice. I just wanted to acknowledge you Caper.

MY BAD!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all
          Went to a pet adoption event today. When we were leaving I was looking a this cute dog and stepped of the curb, that I did not see, twisted my ankle and fell on my but. Ankle is swollen and hurts...dang....I was stone cold sober too..well my foot is up..ice is on it and I have the ace bandage wrapped around it..too much to do to be lame....aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, I am sorry that happened to you. To reach out a hand in good faith and to have it slapped back is hurtful. VERY HURTFUL! It is a shame as selfless as you are on these boards to see this....B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, this says more about caper than it does about you. You are loved. Hugs, my dear!

Dottie - OUCH! Glad it's not worse, but take care. Good for you with dog adoption.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all
                sorry that happened kuya....totally unnecessary...
                Dottie: I'll bet if you keep icing is tonight, it will be MUCH better tomorrow....project positive results!!

just got back from dinner with family at a burger place. We had to wait 25 minutes for the table. I didn't want to go in the first place but went along to be with family. we stood right next to the bar....YUK...so I went outside and called my sponsor. that helped a little. I couldn't figure out why I was so uncomfortable and then I read some posts here. I too am very introspective and just don't want to be in crowded places. My husband doesn't get that. He kept asking, "are you ok?" JC, YES STOP ASKING ME THAT>.....
                I know he cares but please stop analyzing me and looking for problems!!

Came home and he wanted to watch a movie as a family. I am just too tired and just want to chill by myself. I do hope this need to be isolated doesn't last.

Good news is I am AF....on to day 14
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening everyone, hope it was a great day for all.

Kuya, I'm so sorry that was BS, I'm brand new here and I can feel the love in your heart! Everyone needs you, please keep the encouragement coming. You are a special person.

Dottie OUCH that hurts, try and stay off it, take care.

I have to admit today was a tough one, started out great, so positive, I started feeling sorry for myself and things started to go down hill from there. The loneliness is getting the best of me, it's been almost 7 weeks that I'm apart from my family (I see them a few minutes, or maybe even up to an hour a few days each week) my plans to spend time with my wife and kids keep getting blown out of the water. :teeter:

I actually stopped at two different stores today and considered going in for anything AL, I never got out of my truck! I thought of my kids, my wife and I thought of you guys and how I would be letting everyone down, & how terrible I would feel emotionally, spiritually and of course physically. I am on NAL and I wouldn't even have felt the buzz! I said NO I am in control, I'm never going back! I am just so grateful I landed here when I did! I would be doomed again if it weren't for y'all! THANKS. From the bottom of my heart :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Love a busy nest

Jimmy, you did great today! Keep that thinking going & you will meet your goals. Yes, you are in control now, don't let go.

Dottie, I am sorry about your accident! I know how much that hurts
                    If you are able to tolerate Motrin it works great - I know from experience. Hope you get some relief soon. Do you think you need it xrayed?

Jenni, my husband did all that staring & analyzing too to the point of almost driving me nuts. I kept urging him to worry about his own stupid shit, I was taking care of mine
                    You will, in time feel more comfortable in crowds. It takes a good bit of time to rewire our brains.

I just want to leave everyone with a little something I've learned over the past four years here. Every once in a while you will see a post written by someone actively drinking. The posts usually appear self-indulgent, even nonsense sometimes. Sometimes the posts are even directed at a certain individual. Do yourself a huge favor & just ignore them. It is useless to try to reason with someone when they are not thinking clearly. They are angry with themselves, not with you. Don't waste your energy, you need it for your own recovery. No one is going to stop drinking until they really want to stop more than they want their next drink.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=kuya;1460020]I just received this PM from Caper, not the first person to be subject to a 'nasty gram' from this person. Maybe the first to decide enough is enough.

(Quote)
                      thanks
                      yes, but with anyone but you. Sorry....

(End quote)

ANYONE BUT ME ?????.............does that include Hitler?

To simply not reply or ignore would suffice. I just wanted to acknowledge you Caper.

MY BAD![/

Kuya I am sorry that this happened to you. You got "Capered" the way I got "DooDooed". I feel bad for people who react and act in such a horrible manner! I honestly feel that they project their ill feelings of themselves onto others. Don't take it to heart :h.
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night all! You are all special and doing great! Jimmy, today was tougher for me too wanted a beer bad but got past.... Stay strong.... The clear mornings and pride are worth it! Dottie- ouch sorry(( kuya you were right to acknowledge caper and that's all we can do...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just so everyone is clear I am fine and not taken this to heart at all.

I wish it had not occurred in the nest, but elsewhere on the forum, but it does allow Lav's point to be made.

Amazingly, for an open forum, dealing with alcohol problems, there are almost no issues.

People are people and sometimes disagree openly.

This is the ONLY the second member who has ever sent me a nasty PM, and the first was merely sarcastic.

I will never reply to nasty PMs and I will always make them public.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was thinking just now Tess.... How your husband doesn't understand why the pilot couldn't just quit in the movie ..... I wonder that about myself! Hehe ..... Like how can I love being sober and still want to drink? Why can't I just quit? May not be making sense to y'all .... Sorry if not

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can - that totally makes sense!!
                              My problem: I have loved being sober in the past but still wanted to drink. NOW, however, I really don't want to drink but I am also in a very deep funk so don't really love being sober. I think the difference this time is that I am really feeling my feelings for the first time in a LONG time. Alcohol numbed it all.
                              Has anyone felt this before?
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Sure have felt that way jenni! We have to learn new ways to handle all those feeling we previously numbed with AL. That why I liked the Clearing CD so much in the beginning. I used it nightly, it really helped. Meditation is another great way to clear out the mind garbage

Bright & sunny but only 16 degrees at the moment - too cold to be out for long.
                                I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Suday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X