Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Elliesmom;1460488 wrote: Well I just had a hell of a kick in the pants...I was looking for some windex under my kitchen sink, and found 4 empty gin bottles liter sized....holy crap. My husband takes out the garbage and recycling, so I hid them all over the place and would bring them to work on weekends and toss them out, but never got everything. I don't even remember where all the hiding places are, because I'd empty them at night and hide them before I went to bed and have a hard time remembering where the next morning. We have a big old house with lots of nooks and crannies. So after the kitchen sink, I remembered the screen porch, because in winter we don't use it and just store stuff out there. I found about 12 more liter size bottles and several empty boxes of wine hidden under the porch furniture, and that's all probably from just since Christmas. I can't even imagine what shape my liver is in. I can't stop thinking of it soaking in a bathtub of AL and absorbing all of that poison. I so, so, SO never want to go back to that. 10 days ago I had no hope and thought everything would be easier if I died, and now I want so badly to live.
    Well Done!!! I am SO badly wanting to fully live, too.
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elliesmom - your post reminded me of my experience of finding an "empty" at 9 AF Days, so I went back and found it. MANY of us hid empty bottles. It goes hand-in-hand with the secrecy and shame of alcoholism. I drank bottled beer (don't like canned beer) and LOTS of it. So I had a never-ending supply of bottles to sneak in and out of the house. I do NOT miss that miserable daily fiasco. You are doing great, Elliesmom!!

ALSO... I've been thinking today how much Newbies Nest has become like a second home. I come here for friendship, advice, information, to vent, and to be held accountable. I would love to respond to every Nest Dweller, but there are not enough hours in the day! However, I read your posts and I appreciate each and every one of you!! :huggy

Tess-2;1441215 wrote: Good Morning to All,

Found an empty beer bottle this morning. It was stuffed in the back of the bathroom cabinet. I snatched it up and put it in my book bag -- to be discarded in the college campus trash. This routine began a long time ago when my husband starting searching our trash for "empties." Our marriage became a game of cat-and-mouse, with me trying to be more clever than he, and he trying to "catch me in the act." I did the majority of my drinking in the closet. There I would stand, hour after hour, drinking and gulping -- because I simply could not stop. Well, once drunk, my ability to be clever diminished significantly. I would wander out of the closet, bottle in hand, to do homework and see what was going on in the world. If my husband would come home unexpectedly (I could hear the garage door open), I would stash the bottle anywhere, and quickly! Problem was, I was usually in a blackout and could not remember my hiding places.

Now that I've been sober for 9 days, the hidden bottles remain in my home -- like land mines after the war has ended.

Gotta run to class. Hugs to All :groupluv:
      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
      pointed the way
      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1460476 wrote: Please join me!! Yum, YUM!

I'm on my way!! Don't eat it all before I get there!! inkele:
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Found a drink I like thought i'd share .... It's indian fever tree ginger ale ... It's tonic and ginger ale sold in little 7 oz bottles ... With a twist of lemon is great... Thought y'all might like to try

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy, that picture was just cruel :stomper:...I've taken my face off and in my 'jommers' so I can't just run out and get ice cream! Yummo, that looks awesome!

The nest is my second home, too, Tess. So glad I found it 3 years ago when I was at the end of my rope. Everyone is doing so well! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah, my second home as well Byrdie & Tess

I have been super busy all weekend & I'm not really sure what all I accomplished. I think that's part of the aging thing :H
              Well, I do know for sure that I have been happy, healthy & not in any trouble whatsoever

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Time to get into my jammies too
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav.....you have just awakened a realisation that I still have a little voice saying 'what have you forgotten to do?'

When I was drinking I lived in perpetual anxiety of things forgotten or might be forgotten.

Even though my life is now running smoothly, the habit of that way of thinking remains. I wonder how long it takes to shake off?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman and Tess- I would join you for that banana split but only if it has 1. chocolate & caramel syrup, whip cream and lots of nuts. If I were with both of you the calories would not count. lol

Stopped by the mini mart on the way home to get chocolate.

Saw the wine selection.....

Came home with chocolate......

:yay:
                  :hitme:
                  Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi, Horray!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go Mimi! That made me laugh.... Night all. End of my 1st week AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

ICAN, I can hardly wait until Tuesday fo finish my first week. Way to go.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thx last straw.... You can do it! I never thought I'd make the week but I feel really good. My eyes are clearer and I love waking up shame free. Tonight some friends dropped by and I offered them a drink. One said a beer if I'd join her. Argh! I said I'd been on medication which is true .... My husband had one with her. I had iced tea. Man I almost slipped in that moment. my husband doesn't even know I quit bc he doesn't see any problem so he still drinks a couple ( and stops ) in the evening ..,.it was knowing I'd reported in today and the MWO forum that saved me thx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Watching "Flight"

This movie brings back memories of my dad.
                            :hitme:
                            Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 7! Day 7! I made it to day 7! I'm not sure how I got here, I'm shocked as hell... but I'm here. Now to just get through the day...

The weekend was super busy and went by soooo fast... I think that is part of what kept me away from AL. I'm trying to identify my triggers because I'm not entirely sure that I know. Saturday I took a "power walk" in the deep snow of a woody trail. That is one perk of country life, plenty of outdoor activities. My dog was with me which is always a comfort. I'm an athletic person and it's been YEARS since I enjoyed my outdoor activities without a hangover. I was shocked at how well I performed and how wonderful the beauty of nature looked without the thoughts of "I'm going to puke". It was a great feeling. Knowing that I was doing something good for my body, not just working my brain and body out of an AL haze. Saturday evening was a challenge because we ate out at a restaurant, but I was good and ordered sparkling water. It was not easy because I still have those "I'm missing out" feeling by not ordering an alcoholic drink, but I hope that feeling will pass.

Yesterday was also busy and I was weak for a bit. I battled a bout of homesickness (for the USA) and was soooo tempted to go to the liquor cabinet. But I decided to juice instead. I would suggest everyone buy a juicer! Fresh juice is so healthy and allows a person to get so many nutrients in a quick and easy way. So while I was preoccupied making a healthy juice (apples, carrots, kale, strawberries and raspberries) I got over my "woe is me I must drink" feeling and instead felt great drinking the healthy juice. This gave my idle hands something to do and my mind some time to STFU.

Feeling good today! It is so amazing to wake up without a hangover (for 7 days straight!!!). I'm still amazed. I guess I have not experienced that feeling for quite a while. I hope to keep up the good feelings all day and into the evening. My hubs is out of town this evening and this would normally be a HUGE trigger for me to drink a ton of wine or Jack, but I'm not going to. I'm going to restock my fresh veggies and fruit and create a great juice for tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone else had a great AF weekend! And if you did not, no worries... today is a new day. I'm so grateful and happy to be part of this community!
                              Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

well done MS, feels good does'nt it? ,stick with it.You've done the hard part now ,day by day it gets better and easier(not easy)but easier :goodjob:
                                For me the first week was the hardest but now watch out for the voices telling you "that was great ,well done ,why not treat yourself to just one drink."I started to tell myself if I could go a week without AL I might be able to drink one night a week and go the 6 days AF no problem.DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE THOUGHTS.Too many times I have read threads from people who have listened to these and have regretted it.You have won the first battle,now go on and win the war.
                                AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Working...
                                X