Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I was apprehensive today because I had to grocery shop. The evil voice kept bugging me while I was working out at the gym, even breaking down & crying of all things. Had to compose myself in the bathroom. It kept nagging me in the stores. Then as I turned into my neighborhood, knowing it would be my last chance to swing by the mini-mart down the highway for 2 days, (tomorrow is our anniversary-will be with hubby all day-he doesn't drink at all) the voice shot me a zinger headache!!!! It was horrible. AL was whining that I didn't invite it to my anniversary celebration. BOO- HOO evil voice. CREEP. I think it is safe to say I'll make it through day 8.
    -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

newbie again

Hey Everyone,

Great site. I am on Day 6 for the 2nd time..............

Last time was over a year ago in AA. Not for me. Not to say it isn't for others, I know many it is for and that have had great success.

Anywho, this time it took a little scare. Basically tummy and insides got all bloated last Wednesday afternoon. To the point I was freakin out a little (lot). Went home from work got in bed (right past the family, nice (sarcastic)). And basically was out for 3 days more on 3 yogurts. Scary. Self Detoxed, prepared to go to ER or have a beer if things got dicey. First night, total confusion, brain would not work. But I knew what was going on. Next day still very bloated, could not eat. stayed in bed all day, confusion at night again. Slept 15 min at a time. Next day, bloating starting to go away and hunger. Ate soup and yorgurt.......night sweats. Day 5, pretty much back to normal........night sweats....Day 6 today staying strong. Havent slept more than 30 mins at a time.

I feel better this time after I read "Allan Carr's Easy way to quit drinking. Basically just told me everything I know.

I don't want to drink any more, just not for me. I am never going to be the guy that has one drink and calls it a night. I will always want more. Makes me fat, stupid and is killing me slowly with my own wallet. I did my damage for a long time......kinda done. What's the benefit agian?

I feel good about this quit but figured support could be an issue going forward.........so I found this place. Also used smartrecovery in the past (had not quit) but here seems more active.

Oh well, thats the embarrasing me. I wish the best for everyone. Will look around for the tools.:new:

***stupid thing to do when in bed detoxing............watched a full season of "Californicaton". Funny but what a load of crap about drinking. don't watch..lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jeffy! You've landed in a great spot! The worst part is over!! We are a wonderful support system and you will know what to expect every step of the way. Below in my signature line, please find a link to the Tool Box, there are tons of tips there to help you, too. I always suggest you read back a couple weeks here and get to know us...we have folks in every stage of his/her quit!! I am living proof that it works! Welcome!!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hoping this is the first day of the rest of my life...:new: There are times I can have a couple of drinks and stop. There are times when I never know when to stop, these are the scary times and I never know when or where it will happen. I need a life change. I am hoping I possess the strength to move past and move forward. I hope joining this forum will help, it seems to be a supportive, non judgemental place.. i am hoping never to fall so far again. First Day Feb 12, 2012
          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1461617 wrote: I was apprehensive today because I had to grocery shop. The evil voice kept bugging me while I was working out at the gym, even breaking down & crying of all things. Had to compose myself in the bathroom. It kept nagging me in the stores. Then as I turned into my neighborhood, knowing it would be my last chance to swing by the mini-mart down the highway for 2 days, (tomorrow is our anniversary-will be with hubby all day-he doesn't drink at all) the voice shot me a zinger headache!!!! It was horrible. AL was whining that I didn't invite it to my anniversary celebration. BOO- HOO evil voice. CREEP. I think it is safe to say I'll make it through day 8.
            -S-
            Loving your work :h ......this is how to do it.

No Sugar.....I completely get what you say about 'knowing' it and 'doing' it.

I am a medical professional and KNOW the damage I was causing, but addiction starts with the emotions, not logic.
            I now believe that once the addiction is physical, the cure is physical, after which the emotional can be addressed or may even have resolved itself years before.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey KY .... seen the Army anywheres

Comment

Newbies Nest

satz123;1461659 wrote: Hey KY .... seen the Army anywheres
                Nah Satzy .... You lost the entire army???? Now THAT is a skill :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1461661 wrote: Nah Satzy .... You lost the entire army???? Now THAT is a skill :H:H:H
                  Bit careless ok :H:H
                  Think they ran off on me = ah well - wanna talk about the Pope

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not here, neither the time nor the place eh?

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1461663 wrote: Not here, neither the time nor the place eh?
                      sorry - I was joking

Later

Comment

Newbies Nest

See ya soon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job last straw and welcome halo and jeffyjeff... Very supportive forum ....well as for the sugar talk N advice ms ,kuya , etc ....I believe it! I've been eating nothing but!!!!!!! Better than alcohol but yuck.... Also I have this feeling of being bored.... Not that I was an exciting drunk but I feel bored and boring.... Help

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1461674 wrote: Good job last straw and welcome halo and jeffyjeff... Very supportive forum ....well as for the sugar talk N advice ms ,kuya , etc ....I believe it! I've been eating nothing but!!!!!!! Better than alcohol but yuck.... Also I have this feeling of being bored.... Not that I was an exciting drunk but I feel bored and boring.... Help
                            You are detoxing......of course you feel like this.......patience Grasshopper

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican, without the can, there IS a lot of time to fill! You asked for it...a story! I was at a company convention and after it was over that day, the group went down to the bar...instead, I set my sights on going out and finding a wonderful cookie. It was something to take my mind off NOT going down to the bar with the usual suspects. I bought quite a few of them, and the next day during the meeting, I pulled them out and shared. My friends all oooo'd and ahhh'd but wondered WHERE I found the time to accomplish this magnificent feat! Well, I didn't spend 5 hours down in the bar!!! I urge you to have things around that you like to do to help fill the time...after a while...spending an evening sober will be as natural as putting on your socks! I do other things now, like read here on this site, and FaceBook a little...or call someone. Sometimes I write them a note, with a pen, on paper and mail it. This little thing always reaps rewards....don't YOU like to get a note in the mail? (that's not asking for money?) Bake something... but make it something you like to do, or at least, that's what I did. This is all about you, fill the time with what you like!!
                              Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady....Thanks for the moon. You know how to treat someone like they are special. Most Challenging Day? Every minute. This site REALLY HELPS because of the loving and caring members.

No Sugar...I have been cane sugar free for many years. I like it that way.

Thanks, Kuya and Ican.
                                -S-

Comment

Working...
                                X