Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

S1179... I woke up really anxious on day 7 and 8 .... It passed now I'm almost giddy today.... Weird!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is it possible that I am really a happy, positive person and I have been drinking so long it caused anxiety and depression? I am 41.... Have drunk heavily for 20 years ... Except when pregnant when I could quit and a few sober stints. I am really feeling optimistic and happy.... Which is great but has anyone experienced going from negative/pessimistic to happy?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Believe it, Ican!! I was on an antidepressant, and was about to ask for that booster for it...I got off it (Cymbalta) then off the booze, and turns out...I'm happy! AL is a downer in every way...only IT makes you think you are a loser! I am amazed at my outlook on life now. Lolab said it a few weeks ago, it was as if she is living life in color now instead of black and white. Amazing the difference. If you have a bad day, hang in there, the next day will be good. I have never had 2 bad days in a row (this is a merciful phenomenon). I'm so happy FOR you!! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1462173 wrote: Is it possible that I am really a happy, positive person and I have been drinking so long it caused anxiety and depression? I am 41.... Have drunk heavily for 20 years ... Except when pregnant when I could quit and a few sober stints. I am really feeling optimistic and happy.... Which is great but has anyone experienced going from negative/pessimistic to happy?
          I too am feeling so much happier and alive after a good 25 years of abusing AL. AF = This is the way we were meant to live!
          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's what I'm talking bout!! This is the way we are supposed to feel...NORMAL! That's the feeling we're not used to! And it's great!

BTW, Fin is the one who came up with the NN Roll Call in the first place...that's his baby, and as you can see, it has done nothing but grow...it's taken on a life of its own over there!! Fin also got me to start using paragraph breaks. Sometimes I slip but I try!! So glad you are back on board!! XXOO, B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Slay.....I had to respond to your post re yoga. Almost 4 years ago, when I was seeing a counsellor re wether to end my 34 year marriage or not, she advised me to take up yoga to help deal with the stress and the emotional fallout. I did, and it was a saviour to my sanity.....gave me inner strength to deal with a horrible situation. It was a very rough time, but I hung on to those hours where I only had to think about being in that class and nothing else. Another benefit was the good it did my back. I would highly recommend it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping in to say hello to everyone :hallo: and :l

Welcome to all the new newbies, returning newbies, and great work to everyone!

I am missing you all very much and trying to keep up with posts as much as I can. Leaving town for the rest of the week, but will see you all next week!

Special thanks to the one and only Byrdlady for keeping those moons going! Wow, lots of 'em here lately - :goodjob: folks!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

. Good day nesters....holly cow this place is a jumping. I LOVE IT! I have been super crazy busy.....so I haven't had a ton of time to post but have been reading. I will post more later. I am on 10 consecutive days AF.
                  "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                  ~Author Unknown
                  AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe, you are doing great! Double digits already. Have you ever posted on newbie's nest roll call? I can't believe how that thing has grown and grown! I had endless day one's until I found MWO. Even after, it took a few re-starts, but here I am at 74 days. Who'd have thunk? The support and encouragement here is amazing! So glad you joined us!
                    AF since 12/2/12
                    http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Huh... Who knew. Thx B and Fin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Elliesmom;1461740 wrote: Straw -- OMG! Same exact dang thing! Was on the treadmill with some heavy thoughts, then BAM the tears start (I tried to pretend it was sweat I had to wipe off). Same craving on the way home, too. But when that voice started up I did a physical check in with myself, and realized I was really thirsty and my stomach was grumbling. I drove home like a bat outta hell to get home and gulped down milk and a sandwich, and that shut it up. Another similarity is that my husband doesn't drink, either. Way to go for stiffing AL's invite to your party, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
                        ------Hi Elliesmom, just a quick thanks and WOW we seem to have similar circumstances. I haven't read any posts today, having a fun day without AL and with hubby.
                        -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1462247 wrote: Huh... Who knew. Thx B and Fin
                          You're welcome. Thanks for playing.

Oh, and I just came across this list again that I thought was worth sharing - WHY AF??

Being AF the last week has led to:

? A more mellow transition into home life from work which I wouldn't have expected. I'm less reactive and more willing to chip in vs. escape the sometimes chaotic scene.

? The time I have with my girl and boy (13 and 7 respectively) is infinitely better and I feel totally at ease and free knowing that I don't stink like IPA. I'm more open to reading, or just hanging out with them before lights out. YES! This is one of the things I was hoping would improve going AF.

? I'm back to wrestling with my boy. I can tell he really missed our All Star Wresting sessions that we had when I was less of a lush. Again, not worrying about stinking like beer, it's easier to jump into the mayhem. Plus, I don't end up feeling sick afterwards from a full belly of beer.

? When I go to bed I know exactly what I did that night. Not so when in an IPA daze.

? I'm sleeping so much better. I use to routinely wake up at 2 AM wide awake from all the IPA sugars metabolizing in my body and a need to pee. I'm now sleeping soundly through the night and even dreaming again (I wish this for all of you who are currently experiencing some sleep issues - hang in there!)

? My wife is wondering why I don't snore anymore?!

? The mornings are absolutely awesome in comparison to the IPA mornings -- the morning guy hated the night guy. Now the morning guy loves the night guy. I'm 100% clear, energetic and proud of the day before's hard work and acknowledge the all hard work will make for a great new day.

? I have a disciplined hour and a half every weekday morning to study / practice mandolin. The new found clarity is incredibly noticeable. I find that I can concentrate a solid 30 minutes more and the notes seem to just flow under my fingers. This mental /physical improvement alone is a striking reminder how frickin' destructive AL is on our minds and bodies.

? I'm recovering faster from hard workouts. Our bodies recover mostly while we sleep, but if our system is overwhelmed processing AL, it puts the muscle recovery on hold. Anyway, my CrossFit and other workouts have felt so much more energetic and that lingering sensation that I may barf at any moment seems to have passed.

? Best of all, I can look at myself in the mirror each morning knowing that I'm now living the life I want to live...being the person I see myself being -- no more lies, regret, shame, embarrassment or noise in my head about what a dip shit I am for drinking so much the night before. Rather my eyes are clear and bright and I feel alive!

"We are what we repeatedly do" so pick good daily habits.

Hope some of you can relate,
                          The New Happy Fin
                          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

GREAT JOB ON 10 days!!!:alf::applaud::alf::applaud:
                            Oneredshoe;1462234 wrote: . Good day nesters....holly cow this place is a jumping. I LOVE IT! I have been super crazy busy.....so I haven't had a ton of time to post but have been reading. I will post more later. I am on 10 consecutive days AF.
                            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

"We are what we repeatedly do" so pick good daily habits. Yep, I am creating a whole new world! I hated where I was but I LOVE where I'm going! Come on and journey along with me. :goodjob: and...yes Fin,
                              I surely can relate!!! :l
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here.. Thanks Hippyman

I think this forum could really help! Just expressing myself is helping and healing.. im no fan of going to self help meetings etc. so this could be an excellent outlet. Later when Im more detoxed and my nervous system don't wanna just jump from my body and escape, I will start posting some of my stories.. some could be interesting, some could be offensive, but all will be open and honest. Oh, sweet sleep where are you??

Comment

Working...
                                X