Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hang tough DD peace just around the corner .... Fin, like your list ....here's mine so far:

I like telling my kids something and remembering in the morning
    I love waking up hangover free!!!!!!!
    I love the pride I feel in myself
    My stomach is sitting (a little) smaller
    I can play w my kids, do homework, watch movies and not be rushed to go get a drink or snapping cause they are interfering w my drinking
    I am not sneaking in the laundry room to pop the can
    Haven't rearranged the fridge at all to hide how many beers I drank
    No rushing to the store to replace my stash/hide from husband
    Can pick up my kids from practices myself instead of asking hubs or others cause I'm tipsy
    I swear my eyes n face looks clearer

Comment

Newbies Nest

GOOOOD EEEVVENNNINGGGG Nesters! This place just keeps on hopping. That means more people trying to reclaim their lives!))

Fin, yes it was YOUR first, second and so on floor concept. I like it. I've decided to make some sort of change or addition as I enter each floor. However, I haven't gained patience yet, so I added in three! LOL!!! I added yoga (maybe that will help with the patience issue), and purchased some Kale, Strawberries, Bananas, and almond milk to try a smoothie and see if I can stand the Kale in it. We'll see. I'll gulp it fast if not. lol Instead of buying cookies or such for my sweet tooth, I opted for dates and fruit. I'm attempting to eliminate those empty calories now. (If you hear me screaming...) On the last floor I changed my environment...cleaning, organizing and redecorating like a fiend and part of my physical appearance...new hair style and color. Still some things to finish up on that floor. Thanks for the concept.

New Day, I really enjoyed the yoga I did today. I'm not taking a class, well yet anyway. I'm working through a book. Each day I'll add to what I learned the previous day. It felt so good to my body, not like my normal hit it hard and hurt routine. This was gentle and peaceful. I do think I am going to enjoy it. I'm going through a lot of stress and change as you know, so I think a gentle approach is just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for responding.:l

Hang tough everyone. It's worth it. We all need to be better to ourselves.

Love,

Slay
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Drifter, welcome to my way out! I, too, am glad I found this forum. I had spent years and years on my own, in meetings, failing and failing. I joined here at the end of September last year. Mostly I read and read, getting to know people, recognizing the similarities of our stories, getting inspired, feeling some hope. I had to re-start a few times, but here I am at 74 days today.

The Newbie's Nest is a great place for support and encouragement. We also have a Newbie's nest roll call, where you can check in daily, if you like. There is a mwo book, some dvds, plenty of feedback on meds, vitamins, supplements and diet. Also tips on getting through the early days of a quit. I spent an entire night reading on "You know you're an alcoholic when....", under the general thread. I was just trying to pass the evening without drinking, but found myself laughing and crying. A real eye-opener for where alcohol could take us, (if we haven't already been there), and how, no matter how far down you've gone, you can still find your way back.

Well, enough from me, so glad you have joined us! When you are up to it, let us know how you are doing. We look forward to hearing from you.
        AF since 12/2/12
        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK fellow nesters....I am facing a big test this weekend. Going skiing at our friends ski place in VT. Last time I visited them in the summer I had a terrible blackout....wandered away from the house for 45 minutes - during which time it began to rain - I apparently was unable to light a cigarette so was spending all that time trying to light it.....whatever. That led to my almost 90 days AF back in august to October.

Anyway, going to visit them again. I have already told them that I am not drinking. But we will all be in this ski house and I know I will feel "trapped". So, I have taken the first big step.....they know I will not drink and they know why. Next step will be to call my friends and POST POST POST
          So get ready...i may bore you all to death but that is better than drinking!!!

If I can make it through this weekend without picking up a drink, I will have made a HUGE advancement in my sobriety. I am really psyched to do it. And, of course, I can't wait to go skiing....my absolute favorite thing to do.

thanks in advance for being patient with me!!
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fin, Hippyman, Ican, Slay, how are you all doing? Haven't posted too much lately, but have been reading and trying to keep up with how everyone is doing. Everyone is sounding good today. Well, except for Drifter, who understandably isn't feeling at his/her best.

Hey, again Drifter. The sleep issue is something many people struggle with when they first get sober. I'm sure someone will come on here with some suggestions of what helped them. Some use OTC sleep aids, some use supplements like melatonin, etc. Time generally will take care of it. Be sure and cut out the tea and coffee a couple of hours before bedtime, too. Good luck!
            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Jenniech,

Cross posted. I'm glad mwo is here 24/7 and someone is usually around. I remember one person, not too long ago that was checking in almost every hour, during a particularly difficult day. There have been days I needed that, too, but was too shy to ask. That is really what we are here for, and you are helping others as they are helping you.

Maybe make sure they have something on hand that you like, some hot cocoa, some sparkling water with fruit juices to splash into it? A chilled goblet to have it in. Some Martinelli's sparkling apple or cran-apple. Bring your own, if you have to. Maybe some good books that you can retire early with if necessary. Or just hang with us, if you have to get away for a bit support. Good luck and hugs to you!
              AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I haven't gone AWOL, I promise! Home with bronchitis and sinus infection. Good news is I'm off of work per doctors orders until next Tuesday!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1462392 wrote: OK fellow nesters....I am facing a big test this weekend. Going skiing at our friends ski place in VT. Last time I visited them in the summer I had a terrible blackout....wandered away from the house for 45 minutes - during which time it began to rain - I apparently was unable to light a cigarette so was spending all that time trying to light it.....whatever. That led to my almost 90 days AF back in august to October.

Anyway, going to visit them again. I have already told them that I am not drinking. But we will all be in this ski house and I know I will feel "trapped". So, I have taken the first big step.....they know I will not drink and they know why. Next step will be to call my friends and POST POST POST
                  So get ready...i may bore you all to death but that is better than drinking!!!

If I can make it through this weekend without picking up a drink, I will have made a HUGE advancement in my sobriety. I am really psyched to do it. And, of course, I can't wait to go skiing....my absolute favorite thing to do.

thanks in advance for being patient with me!!
                  Hi Jenni,

How about changing this idea:

If I can make it through this weekend without picking up a drink, I will have made a HUGE advancement in my sobriety.

To this one?:

WHEN I make it through this weekend without picking up a drink, I will have made a HUGE advancement in my sobriety.

I am really becoming convinced that we can steer our actions with our thoughts.

Have a wonderful time sober-skiing! I bet you will do it better than ever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Almost Free! I've actually been thinking about you. Whenever I see you on the roll call or your name pops up I think about your tough times and wonder how you are doing these days. It's a heart filled story left unfinished. I hope all is working out for you. You are racking up those days. Bravo!

Love,

Slay
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow, thanks sugar!! you are so right!!
                      Once I accomplish my upcoming AF weekend, I will have taken a HUGE step
                      :thanks:
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie...we got yo' back girl...but I think you got this on your own! Make us proud
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2, after a long day...am finding that the best thing to do is just go home to sleep, I am thinking I am going to get soooo much more rest these days as I am avoiding socialization. After work, colleagues ask hey are we meeting for a drink? No not tonight, not ever..Can it be done, well the proof is all the people on this website. I don't want to fail..... I love my family more than AL. Now my actions need to speak louder than my words.
                          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

no more lies, regret, shame, embarrassment or noise in my head about what a dip shit I am for drinking so much the night before. Rather my eyes are clear and bright and I feel alive!

I want to feel like this always
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

no more lies, regret, shame, embarrassment or noise in my head about what a dip shit I am for drinking so much the night before. Rather my eyes are clear and bright and I feel alive! Thanks Fin

I want to feel like this always

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, good evening Nesters!

Glad to see the Nest doing such great work
                                Congrats to each & every nester making progress toward their goals!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest ~ it's snowing here!!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X