Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello to everyone in the Nest. Today is my 10th day of accountability. 10 days! I'm completely amazed at how I feel. I don't think I've been sober this long in at least 10 years... maybe longer.

Last night I had a horrible realization. I was agitated and cold when I arrived home after having worked late at the office. Then I had to execute my "plan" for the day which included juicing a bunch of fruits and veggies in order to have juice prepared for my juice day today, prepare dinner for hubs and myself, clean up part of the house, prepare V Day gift for hubs... etc. But while executing these tasks I was feeling so compulsive that I ate an entire bag of Doritos! Now, cheese Doritos are not easy to come by in Germany so I was saving this particular bag as a treat for myself once I reached my next goal... day 12... but I COULD NOT STOP EATING. I kept telling myself... "just one more chip then I will put the bag away"... then I realized... that is what I used to do with AL!!!! I remember the endless evenings with the words "just one more glass of wine", only to down the entire bottle (or more). Or "just one more glass of Jack"... or "just one more beer". Of course this was NEVER the case. So I realized that I was executing this compulsive action on the Doritos bag rather than AL. At least it was not AL, but I hated the way that I felt. It was almost a dirty feeling. Plus my insides felt like sh*t after eating AN ENTIRE BAG OF DORITOS. OMG. Where did this compulsive behavior come from? It was crazy. I literally could not stop.

My focus is still wavering. It seems like I can't complete a task without getting sidetracked by another task. I hate this. Plus, every evening I have had an enormous headache, and I hydrate plenty all day long with juice and water, so where is the coming from? Is the lack of focus and headaches a withdrawal symptom?

So... not happy with myself today. Feeling sluggish from all of the chips and sad that I could not stop myself. I need to concentrate on work tasks so I will work on my focus today. I know I need to make my daily plan but I don't have the focus to do that right now, so I will check back later to document my plan for the day.

Thank you to everyone for listening and the support!

And since it is Valentine's Day, take the time today to love YOURSELF! Nobody will love you more than you do. :h:h:h
    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Mein, You are doing so well! I think it takes a while for us to get back to our 'best', whatever that was......I had the same experience with a bag of Fritos. I only buy, maybe, one bag a year, and I, too, saved it for a special occasion, but a full bag is guaranteed to leave you feeling pretty sick. I figured, as long as I was in early sobriety and it wasn't alcohol, I was not going to beat myself up about it. Sometimes little treats help us get through the difficult moments. Guess I better get to bed......take care Mein. I'm sure we will both be signing back in here tomorrow. See you then. 'Night!
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

apropo nothing more than it made me smile
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ[/video]]Muppet Show - Mahna Mahna...m HD 720p bacco... Original! - YouTube
        AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:H:H:H:H

That is so going on the Stella thread :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick, I really enjoyed that - brought back memories!
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1462592 wrote: Congratulations Mein, You are doing so well! I think it takes a while for us to get back to our 'best', whatever that was......I had the same experience with a bag of Fritos. I only buy, maybe, one bag a year, and I, too, saved it for a special occasion, but a full bag is guaranteed to leave you feeling pretty sick. I figured, as long as I was in early sobriety and it wasn't alcohol, I was not going to beat myself up about it. Sometimes little treats help us get through the difficult moments. Guess I better get to bed......take care Mein. I'm sure we will both be signing back in here tomorrow. See you then. 'Night!
              Thank you AlmostFree! Whew, it's good to know I'm not the only one. I felt so horrible after I killed the bag of chips... I was thinking "who does this"? And I mean killed... the bad was empty in 5 minutes. What is sad is that I could do the same thing with a wine bottle. I've chugged a bottle of wine before. I hate admitting that but it is the truth. I've also been drinking my husbands diet Coke lately and I usually don't drink diet drinks (the chemicals scare me). So my husband has been asking "what's up with you?"... my response is... "at least it's not AL". I think you are right... we have to do a few not "normal" things to get past the initial stages. So I'll try not to worry about this today... I'll worry about this tomorrow.

Take care, sleep well!
              Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters! I hope everyone gets great big hugs today! If not, then do something nice for yourself. Happy Valentine's Day!
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Headache

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi S1179
                    I am on day 18 and I still get headaches. It usually means I am either tired or dehydrated....I pop advil, drink lots of water and catch cat naps whenever possible. That seems to help. Wondering if these headaches will go away eventually? I mean, you would think hungover I would get headaches. Instead, the opposite seems to be true for this alcoholic...
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

for those of you who are well into this sobriety thing and wondering what the hell is going on with your body and your mind - have a read...and google more about P.A.W.S. It's all very normal. And you're doing the right thing - as it's recommended to vent! :-)

Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) | What...Me Sober?
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

another... Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms - Relapse Prevention Strategies
                        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Happy Valentine's day!

Nice to see you almost free! Congrats on your AF time - great work!
                          Quitting smoking was an even bigger problem for me, I know how you are feeling
                          Are you using any NRT? Nicorette lozenges really saved my bacon & my sanity :H

MS, don't be too hard on yourself for the crazy eating right now. You are making big adjustments, it takes TIME for us to rewire our brains. Right now your main focus is eliminating AL, that's enough to worry about.

S1179, jennie - headaches can be due to any number of things. Staying hydrated, practicing some relaxation techniques (meditation), paying attention to vitamin/mineral supplements all help. Hang in there!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'day nesters,
                            I had a good day 8 yesterday. Was able to use the "tool box" suggestions for a sort of check list when "the voice" was yapping at me.

We were on our way back from town and hubby wanted me to drop him off on the highway so he could walk home for exercise. The voice reminded me about the highway minimart......so, I went through the "tool box" in my mind WHEW and suggested to hubby we come all the way home together and he can just walk starting from home.

He did, the voice got stomped, and on to finish day 8.

Thanks to the nest builders, here.
                            -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1462685 wrote: G'day nesters,
                              I had a good day 8 yesterday. Was able to use the "tool box" suggestions for a sort of check list when "the voice" was yapping at me.

We were on our way back from town and hubby wanted me to drop him off on the highway so he could walk home for exercise. The voice reminded me about the highway minimart......so, I went through the "tool box" in my mind WHEW and suggested to hubby we come all the way home together and he can just walk starting from home.

He did, the voice got stomped, and on to finish day 8.

Thanks to the nest builders, here.
                              -S-
                              :goodjob: The tool box has great ideas and not just ideas about how to get sober but ideas on how to live a happy balanced life. Congratulations on 8 days sober. That's a great start to a happy future. You can do it. This time 4 sure!
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Thursday Nesters and what a happy day I've had so far. My sweet girls let me sleep late. I woke up to a bed filled with Dachshunds patiently waiting to be walked. What a great start to Valentine's day. Just between you and I, the girls have a surprise coming to them later and I'm sure they will like it alot!!! LOL I feel so grateful to be free from the prison of alcoholism and wish the same for all of you. :l Be good to yourself and make sure you let your special someone how much they mean to you today! Kick the alcohol to the side and start the journey to the happy, healthy sober life that you want to create. You can do it! I know you can. This time for sure!
                                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                                X