Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Valentines Day to all.......even if you don't have a SO in your life.....you have everyone here! The only person I'm getting a valentines gift for is my little grandson......he holds a very special place in my heart

Keep the great work going everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :h

Here's to family.....:l
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters! Whether you have a Valentine partner or not, today is a good day to love your best friend, YOU!

AF, computer problems can be maddening. Mine is giving me problems as well. I think I'm about due for a new unit and my internet service has interruptions at times. I have a suggestion for you to help with losing messages. If you have a word program or notebook area, you may want to pull it up and copy and paste your posts into it or devise your posts in the program and keep hitting save, so if you lose your connection or some other problem occurs, you'll still have the message saved to post all at once when you do get the opportunity. I'm sorry your PM didn't work. I try to check in every morning and evening and sometimes I take a look during the day.

I'm lucky 21 today, so should I purchase a lottery ticket, Byrdlady? lol

I posted a small post today in the Encouragement thread to support loving ourselves on Valentine's Day and every day.:l

Love,

Slay
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Vday everyone!

Day 8 here. Last night had some meetings about coaching upcoming baseball season and while the AD was talking to me I started to think how I would usually be buzzed right now. Ashamed and hiding the booze on my breath. But I wasn't and that was great. But afterwards I did have to fight these evil little urges that were popping up. I was like, where are these coming from? But I did what another member here sugggested and "surfed them".

So strange and scary how I can be so strong one moment and feel so shakey the second. I guess I will get more confident. Did not drink, night sweats getting way better, only woke up 3 times last night lol.

Woke up had a Green smoothie and I am here. Lots of good info on this site. I am still struggling sometimes in my new skin. Not that I want a drink, it just feels different.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Valentines Day from The Office

Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all... You're doing great JJ - sound like you have a lot in common with Jimmydama re: coaching baseball ... I feel weird in my new skin too
              MS- you should be so proud .... I think the eating is just part of the beginning sobriety.. I literally ate handfuls of rice out the pot in the middle of the night last night .... SOOOOO weird.... Just going to accept this for now ... Please stop beating yourself up.... You are changing your entire life by eliminating AL .... Good job
              Jennie or last straw? I get your a avatars confused and can't go back but great job on getting hubby to walk from home
              My hubs texted me last night to buy beer on way home ( be doesn't think I have a problem) omg... So I did .. . Weird thing is I was embarrassed at the store ; never would have been before !!!!! I didn't drink one and tht felt great..... Sleeping better ... Enjoying my family and still happy happy happy ....like Phil on Duck Dynasty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1462746 wrote: ...I didn't drink one and tht felt great..... Sleeping better ... Enjoying my family and still happy happy happy ....like Phil on Duck Dynasty
                Rock on, Ican! That shows such great resolve and diligence.

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1462592 wrote: Congratulations Mein, You are doing so well! I think it takes a while for us to get back to our 'best', whatever that was......I had the same experience with a bag of Fritos. I only buy, maybe, one bag a year, and I, too, saved it for a special occasion, but a full bag is guaranteed to leave you feeling pretty sick. I figured, as long as I was in early sobriety and it wasn't alcohol, I was not going to beat myself up about it. Sometimes little treats help us get through the difficult moments. Guess I better get to bed......take care Mein. I'm sure we will both be signing back in here tomorrow. See you then. 'Night!
                  Vent away. That's what we're here for - sounding board, etc. Hope you're feeling much better today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow...busy place! It makes me think of the Perspective of things...
                    To a worm, a day digging around in the dirt is a lot more relaxing than going fishing!
                    So when we have a situation coming up that we are afraid we are going to fail...well, many times it happens just like that. BUT, if we see ourselves pushing thru it and succeeding...that happens just as often! When failure is all you see, failure is what you get. I tell you this trick helped me (and continues to) just visualizing coming out the other side of an event successfully! We all really HAVE the tools to be sober, nobody POURS this stuff down our throats! Take comfort in your resolve to stay AF...instead of worrying that you will. I'm not explaining this very well....We aren't fighting to NOT drink...we are not drinking because we are choosing to be sober. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...Mein, sorry about your Dorito hangover. I did that with potato chips...UGG.:bagdude:
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Lav, Slay, Fin.....

Much better this morning. I can't believe what a maniac I was last night. I was really losing it!

Thanks to Patrice and Persephone last night for their responses and their company in the middle of the night. It was much needed and appreciated....If only my computer had cooperated.....Oh well, glad that's all over. And without succumbing to either a drink or a smoke. Actually. it was too late to get either but so glad this morning anyway.....

Lav, I'm glad you said that about the nicotine replacement. I forgot about those helping. I quit last year for about four months, using electronic cigarettes. The ones I got had some nicotine, but eliminated all the other poisonous chemicals. Unfortunately, the country I am presently in doesn't allow e-cigarettes that have nicotine. They are just vapor and menthol. Or vapor and flavoring. I guess I'll have to combine the e-cig with the nicotine gum, until I have a little more time NF. Believe it or not, this has actuallly been harder than stopping the booze. The cravings and the raw nerves seem way worse and last longer for some reason. Starting Day 5 on the no-cigs.....through the worst, I hope, and don't want to have to start over......I take comfort and get hope from those who have also gone NF in addition to AF. What an inspiration!

Thanks Slay. How are you doing these days? Haven't been posting much lately, but keep up with the roll call and read how others are doing......

Thanks Fin. I must have saved it all up and it sure came out last night! I was going to go back and delete it, I was so embarrassed at what a nutcase I appeared to be, but I knew the computer problems would make me even more berserk.

Everyone have a great day! Oh, cross posted.....Hey Byrdie, you are so right! Glad to finally be in a place where I now feel like I have a choice...... and it feels good.
                      AF since 12/2/12
                      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1462779 wrote:

Thanks Fin. I must have saved it all up and it sure came out last night! I was going to go back and delete it, I was so embarrassed at what a nutcase I appeared to be, but I knew the computer problems would make me even more berserk.
                        I'm a software engineer by day. I can relate to the frustration and when things work, I always tell customers not to question the magic.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fin,

Yes, how little we appreciate the 'magic' when things are going well. It might have had to do with the fact that I had 85 updates that I had put off installing. I was in the middle of a lot of stuff and didn't want to restart the computer. Who knows, but at least things seem to be working today.

I love your signature line: "Go forward boldly and unafraid". Great inspiration to just go for it and not be fearfully cowering from life and its challenges! Same with Slay and her user name. I love the courage we find here at mwo. And also all the compassion, understanding, support. You guys rock!!!
                          AF since 12/2/12
                          http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1462673 wrote: for those of you who are well into this sobriety thing and wondering what the hell is going on with your body and your mind - have a read...and google more about P.A.W.S. It's all very normal. And you're doing the right thing - as it's recommended to vent! :-)

Why We Don?t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) | What...Me Sober?
                            Lola - Thank you!! Newbies Nest is so many things to me, and one of them is useful information. I'm at 45 AF days. I can relate to "Emotional Overreaction or Numbness." Just reading that small paragraph brought tears to my eyes. I have moments of clarity and balance, yes. But I have horrific (okay, maybe not horrific - but unpleasant) moments of feeling confrontational and then going numb. I offend people and then write myself off as the scum of the earth.

Sobriety is difficult. The only thing more challenging is to be a drunk.

So... now I can't seem to stop crying. And I don't even want my precious dogs to see me cry. I don't want to upset anyone or ruffle their day.

Lola, thanks again for this helpful information.

You are a gem!!
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hLola

:huggy
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1462774 wrote:
                                To a worm, a day digging around in the dirt is a lot more relaxing than going fishing!
                                Byrd,

Where do you get these pearls ?!
                                :bubbeblow:

Happy Valentines' to you too, :l
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X