Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all, lovely to be here. Dull old day but no rain.
    Sunni hope the fingers recover soon
    Lav -there's nothing wrong with taking a nap - some countries close down for 2 hours in the afternoon so that people can do just that - its supposed to be really good for you so look on it as caring for yourself.
    Tranq keep drinking the water - goodness knows you'll be needing it in that heat. Its about twice as hot with you as it is here!
    Chicken where are you? Not like you to not be here bright and early.
    Renewal have a good day
    See you all later
    Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening All!

Well how are we all? I am okay,but did have a couple of drinks last night..enough to remind me why I no longer enjoy it, but not enough to throw me back into the cycle of destruction.If anything it has affirmed my decision that like Tranq I shall remain AF 99% of the time.

Kind of a bit of an experiment last night (sounds crazy I know),but just wanted to see if AL still had the same power over me? Although it still has some, it has definately lost its all-encompassing persuasivness! I feel like instead of just submitting, I looked the devil in the eye and told him when I'd has too much. Basically I went to bed and woke up a tad seedy and tired, but otherwise okay. But determined to be moderating with a firm control!

Sunni- look after those digits!
      Tranq- I am not envying you the heat, cause I know we shall be in for it this summer too!
      Lav- I love nanna-naps too. I got off work early today as the boss was away and less work, so went to Mum's and had a nap and a read of a magazine! SOOOOO great just to chill out like that once in awhile!
      Pops & G- thanks for the support!

Chookers

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

Grey skies overhead here too Sooty, no rain. No wonder it's so harf to wake up!
        Have work to do this morning, babysitting this afternoon followed by severe exhaustion, ha ha. My almost 10 month old grandson is a very busy little dude

Tranq, look out for the sunburn!
        Sunni, hope your fingers are in better shape today! Did you put that dove out of his misery?
        Check in Chicken.............
        Hi to Pops & everyone who checks in today!

Have a great day one & all, will be back later
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross posted chicken
          Glad you're OK
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning feather dusters!

*yawn* Seems to be a grey day on an international scale. Dribbling here, too.

Fingers are less tender, thank you! LOL Tranq... well heck, I was attacked by an iguana, I get beat up daily by this kitten, why not a dove, too!? :H Lav, I actually mended the misguided bird - gotta love super glue! Have a great afternoon with the grand-dude... you will have earned yourself a couple of nanna-naps by the end of the day
            Chicken, my clucky friend... I know EXACTLY what you mean by 'experiment'. I did the same after I reached 30-something days the first time. Just be VERY aware and careful; it is so damn easy to go down that familiar path again.
            Pops, thank you for your support (as always). I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same... but I can't really say I'm 'proud'.. there are days when I don't feel steady and in control and just sorta muddle my way through. I wish that the resolve and finality of some days would be around all the time.

Hope you all will have a grand day... reach for the stars today, birdies!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, im on my 3 AF today...been slept for a very long hours but with a lot of nightmare... and of course bad mood. I think this is my habbit, im a negative person, but...im trying to overcome it and i don't want to run to AL anymore... hugs n kisses t you all....
              AF today

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi lovemylife, well done on 3 days, I'm sure you'll feel better as time goes on.
                I'm really tired so off to bed very soon.
                Hope everyone had a good wednesday
                seeyou tomorrow
                Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Another quiet day around here, huh?

lovemylife, good job on your 3 days! You will feel just a little better each day, hang in there, you won't be sorry

Sunni, bless you for letting the dove 'live'. I probably would have tossed it with a few 4 letter word 'blessings'.

Sooty, have a good night's rest!

Had a last minute change of plans this afternoon so I didn't babysit afterall. So I'm not exhausted this evening. That's OK, there's always next week

Hi to Pops & G. Have a safe night one & all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hi to you Lavande....you are such a 'devoted poster'....great to see. Well, I hope everybody had a wonderful Wednesday. As we head into Thursday, as you know, I'll be gone the next few days with work.......hope the rest of the week & weekend bring you all peace...take care of my G for me while I'm gone.
                    Pops.........and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All!

It's late Thursday arvo here! I am weary and just ready for an early night! Dani kept me up most of the night and I am mentally stuffed! Still AF and happy to be so,sending encouraging thoughts to all Newbies and old hands alike! Stay strong.
                      Just going to roost on my twig for a bit now!
                      Evening all!
                      chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Chooka....it's only 6pm woman! Whats wrong with you?!!
                        Only kidding - go to bed lovey to rest your weary head.
                        Hello to everyone on here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Thursday morning Nesters,

How's everyone?
                          Chicken & beagle, good to hear from you. I remember those long nights with the little ones chicken. Hang in there, they do grow out of that stage
                          beagle, how's the Vet business going?

Pops, thanks! Don't work too hard

Glad to see the sun this morning, warm too for this time of year. Looks like some outdoor activities are in store for me this afternoon, love it

Have a great day all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning peeps!

Wow, I gotta do something about my creative juices. Lately, they've been flowing at night (I used to be at my best at 6am)... so I stayed up and worked until 1am last night. I am NOT a night birdie and NEED at least 8 hours sleep! Geeeeez. :H

Beagle and chicklet.. good to hear from you! Chicken, yeah.. what Lav said. Only, when they grow older, you're up at night waiting on them or worrying about what trouble they might be getting into!

Lav, my dear, I wish I could play outside today, too. It looks nice and sunny, albeit a little on the coolish side. Enjoy it twice as much today (for me too, ok?)!

Pops, have an uneventful shift - you will be missed!

Alright.. better get to work now. Late start due to universal alarm clock malfunction here.. had to drive son and his friend to school.

Have a bright and beautiful day, all!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, it's already thursday evening here...moods getting better and better. Had a craved today but i overcame it...yay...i just need to think how i felt after my last drunk then i was able to stay AF again for another day....And offourse, thanks for all of your support too...it seems like im missing something if i don't come here to read your post or post my current situation.

Another night shift for today and then i will have two days off.... But i will still come here n tell you how is my AF...

Love You all...:h
                              AF today

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi
                                work is real stressful lately & ,for me, I find my AL cravings increase when my stress levels increase.
                                it is interesting to read all the posts esp from Chicken #3. Keep us posted how that goes.
                                Today is day 50 for me AF , this is the longest i have ever gone AF.
                                I still harbor the fantasy of drinking in moderation but hey I am the Queen of DENIAL for good reasons!
                                feels like fall here in Ohio.
                                take care all

Comment

Working...
                                X