Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Jenifire, let's make this one stick! You have now got evidence that your health is being affected - you need to reverse those symptoms. It can be done as is evident on this site. Stay close and I wish you well every step of the way.
    Day 4 is coming to an end and I am looking forward to a fresh tomorrow. It is unbelievable what difference just a few days AF can make!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Daisy!! So happy for your Day 4!! Keep the faith! xo, b
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me too Byrdie; I especially like to have a weekend during the first few days - makes the next week feel a bit easier as the biggest temptation has already passed....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters! I hope everyone is running victory laps. It sounds like it.

Jenn...GREAT JOB! You're almost through it and come Monday, just think of how proud and confident you will feel from saying no to something YOU KNOW you don't really want. I agree with Kuya. They'll be some envious people wondering about how they can get free. When I've told some people since August that I've been quitting, I've had several people say, "wow, I couldn't even go a day." You won't be in that prison any longer. Hang tough!

Thanks Kuya! It goes up and down, but the ups feel so good! I'm looking forward to getting to that next mark of 60 days and beyond I haven't obtained since starting in August. This time I'm claiming victory...sharpens sword.

s1179, I'm glad your mood has improved. The brain will give you some emotional struggles, but hang tough. We can't repair or build Rome back up in day.

Jennifire...there is a lot of success around here. If others can do it, so can we!:l

Everyone buckle up and drive safe.

Love,

Slay
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, Friday nights were always the biggest challenge for me for some reason....I felt like I deserved a reward for making it thru the week...some reward....passing out by 8. Then back at it by 10:30 Saturday morning....it was really getting exhausting there at the end. If an old drunk like me can get my act together, I know you can!! Hang in with us...xo, b
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can I jump back in here too please??! Been rubbish at posting cos of work internet access but have read along as often as possible. As I said in separate thread, I screwed up last night so back to the drawing board for me. Main trigger (and by no means an exclusive excuse so don't get me wrong) is social anxiety. Am paranoid I am just deathly dull and boring these 2 days, and I've put on sooooo much weight cos of the wine the last few years thatI know men don't even register my appearance anymore, and women sure as hell aren't jealous like they used to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lucelastic, that is now, I understand that, but read back to the beginning of many of the success stories here - a lot of them felt just like you. I know I did when I first arrived.
                I ended up drinking and eating myself to a depressed, unproductive 13 stone mess. I may not have had these past few years totally AF but I have made great strides and I am AF now! Just take one day at a time and you will notice gradual changes in your feelings, energy, looks. It can be done and you will feel proud of yourself again. Believe that - too many have gone before you who are living proof!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters, thanks for all the well wishes and yes it was a really good night and wonderful day. Enjoyed my time with my girls. Day 13 now feeling good.

Great job No Sugar and Jenni, y'all got this, it has to be tough with everyone drinking around
                  You, hang tough Monday will be a wonderful day.

Welcome Jennifire, this is a wonderful place.

Slay, I like that "victory laps"

Dd, where can I get ornithane aspartate, have not heard of this?

Mein, pick yourself back up, we all know the drill, you have so many people behind you and pulling for you.

Take care nesters ill check in later, getting a little hungry . j

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1463947 wrote: witching hour has begun. I am in a ski house with good friends who know I am not drinking but the have poured their first glass of wine. Sticking close to the nest, to my sponsor and my book....after dinner, I will retire to my bedroom and watch something on netflix. I will feign a headache.
                    I am doing this for my family....and I love to ski, but now is the big test for me.....:argh:
                    I am kind of in the same boat, I have out of town guests whom are drinkers. They got in late last night. They as well as my husband stayed up into the wee hours of the morning have cocktails, I did not partake. Woke up this morning feeling GREAT, unlike others in my home.:H
                    My Maggie passed her intermediate obedience test today, she was the only pup allowed to do the test off leash, I was so proud that I cried when we got her certificate. I have been diligently working with her. It is amazing how much I have accomplished over the past 13 going on 14 consecutive days of being AF.
                    Be strong.....I will keep checking in throughout the night as I have just heard the bottles popping in the kitchen.
                    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                    ~Author Unknown
                    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe and Jenniech; hold strong. I know while the partying is going on it seems you are losing out, but I find seeing their hangovers first-hand the next morning as a sober you is so eye-opening to how you have been living and really 'who is having all the fun now?'........

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1464045 wrote: Oneredshoe and Jenniech; hold strong. I know while the partying is going on it seems you are losing out, but I find seeing their hangovers first-hand the next morning as a sober you is so eye-opening to how you have been living and really 'who is having all the fun now?'........
                        Hi daisy....the funny thing is that I honestly don't feel like I am missing out. The pungent smell of the alcohol is making nauseas though. Being sober does certainly give one a different perspective though. I have NO desire to drink.....I have worked way to hard to blow this! I will keep checking in. Thanks for the needed support.
                        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                        ~Author Unknown
                        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

The people I am with this evening - husband and brother+sister in law - opened the wine and drank - but here is the deal. They each had a glass or maybe 2 and that is all they had. If I had joined in, I would not have stopped there (and my sister in law would not have either). I think she held back with the sensible guys. So now that part of the night is over thank goodness. I am so glad not to have drank (have drunk? what a weird verb!). Anyway I made it and now we are going to watch Flight so I will be doubly-glad to have made it and not feel like I am the main character in that movie.

Have a good night nesters and be well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe, I can relate to the smell. I'd store AL in water bottles in the closet. When I went to recycle them and took off the caps...WHEW

Jenni, hope you're having a nice movie night. Monday will be here soon.

NoSugar, Yippie!!! We saw Flight a couple of nights ago. Several unexpected things in the movie, yes?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,
                              I'm pulling up a branch and velcroeing my ass to this nest.
                              It's been the worst year of my life. Losing my brother was the ultimate black hole. But I'm climbing out, where it's sunny and new. And I'm gonna stick to this nest like my butt has glue!

Sober 2 days.
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19
                              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi ya, Nursie,
                                Glad you climbed to this place, the nest is a good place to be. Velcro and glue should do the job to keep you on your branch.
                                -S-

Comment

Working...
                                X