Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well done Sunshine!:goodjob: I am still hesitating: my excuse is that I'm waiting to get my Topamax next week, but really it's because I have 2/3 of a bottle of wine hidden away for tonight and I'm telling myself, 'I can start tomorrow'.

I am looking forward to being able to even say: 1 day AF!

:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Talisman;1464062 wrote: Well done Sunshine!:goodjob: I am still hesitating: my excuse is that I'm waiting to get my Topamax next week, but really it's because I have 2/3 of a bottle of wine hidden away for tonight and I'm telling myself, 'I can start tomorrow'.

I am looking forward to being able to even say: 1 day AF!

:new:
      Hi Talisman :welcome:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is Topamax?

This nest is a good place to be at.
      -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw....it is an awful smell, it's weird how I can't stand the smell of it now.

Nursie....I am sorry about your loss. I lost my Dad 3 years ago after a 17 month long lost battle to cancer. I am not sure what was worse, watching him suffer while giving him end of life care or losing him too soon. I fell into a deep dark hole but have managed to claw my way out. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him or miss him...I lost 1/2 of me the day he passed, but I take comfort in truly truly believing that he is somewhere up in the heavens watching over me. You stick close to this place....I will be checking in throughout the night.
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown
        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I looked up Topamax, never mind. Silly me. I wealth of information on the web and I ask a silly question like that.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1464067 wrote: thelaststraw....it is an awful smell, it's weird how I can't stand the smell of it now.

Nursie....I am sorry about your loss. I lost my Dad 3 years ago after a 17 month long lost battle to cancer. I am not sure what was worse, watching him suffer while giving him end of life care or losing him too soon. I fell into a deep dark hole but have managed to claw my way out. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him or miss him...I lost 1/2 of me the day he passed, but I take comfort in truly truly believing that he is somewhere up in the heavens watching over me. You stick close to this place....I will be checking in throughout the night.
            Ya Oneredshoe, I was like that with cigarettes, too. Can't stand the smell after I quit 25-30 years ago. I guess it's a built in help to keep us AF and NF.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all Nesters!

I have had a super busy family day so I'm just stipping in to wish everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
              Glad to see you back nursie
              Hello & welcome Talisman, have you written your plan?

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

If you have never tried yoga and think you can't get a good workout while doing it. I can tell you it can be extremely difficult. Today was hot yoga, 105 degrees and very challenging.

Day 12 is almost over.

Have a great evening everyone.
                :hitme:
                Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1463947 wrote: witching hour has begun. I am in a ski house with good friends who know I am not drinking but the have poured their first glass of wine. Sticking close to the nest, to my sponsor and my book....after dinner, I will retire to my bedroom and watch something on netflix. I will feign a headache.
                  I am doing this for my family....and I love to ski, but now is the big test for me.....:argh:
                  Just wondering how it went las night???? Did you stay strong???:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone Day one for me, been directed to NN, OK if I stick around a while?, got to day four couple weeks ago and want to start again, I am in a downward spiral, getting faster by the day, not the functioning alcoholic I was, I'm losing it, staying sober today and will be logged in at my witching hour.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dinnysis .... Glad you found us. Have you got supplements to help?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Dinnysis; when we get sober we realise that even though we thought we were 'functioning alcoholics', really we were never functioning on full power and could have been achieving and enjoying life so much more. Stay close and good luck!
                        So happy to have reached day 5....
                        waking up to a beautiful, sunny, Spring morning makes life so much better and pushed all positive feelings to the forefront. My dad is still doing well which makes my day just tops!
                        Have a lovely, peaceful Sunday all!
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thumbs::happy::yay:
                          I not only did it, but last night I actually had an ok time. Who would have thunk it? It was so interesting watching my friends slowly but surely get drunk. At first it was so hard. My girlfriend was sitting at the kitchen table with my all time favorite enemy, a cold glass of chardonnay. Then two, then three. Everyone else was downstairs showering, etc. Anyway, instead of letting it build up, I told her I wanted to run out to the ski shop and buy a new pair of ski socks. So smart of me!!! I did go to the ski shop just to get away and spent about 45 minutes just looking at stuff. Came back to house and then spent next hour preparing the dinner for everyone. ONce I ate dinner, the cravings went away. I mean, I still wanted to drink, but the anxiety level had completely dissipated. After dinner, while the men were drinking bourbon and the women were drinking wine I treated myself to a nice big slice of red velvet cake and camomile tea. At 10, went to bed while everyone else stayed up.

Now this morning I am awake while everyone else sleeps. The bottle of bourbon is empty. I feel great and I know they wont once they roll out of bed.

I have to be totally honest and say that this is one of the proudest moments I have ever had and I woke up this morning so completely psyched that I did not drink. I mean, really, what is all the fuss about? (j/k)
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni, that is the best news. You made my day. Such a good wake up not feeling sick....you'll feel better about it all day as you hear them moaning and groaning, Good job. A happy girl you are.
                            -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

dinnysis;1464192 wrote: Hi everyone Day one for me, been directed to NN, OK if I stick around a while?, got to day four couple weeks ago and want to start again, I am in a downward spiral, getting faster by the day, not the functioning alcoholic I was, I'm losing it, staying sober today and will be logged in at my witching hour.
                              :welcome: I am so glad you found us. Stick around and we can all heal together! :l
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday Nesters! Welcome to the newcomers. Please join us on our healing journey. :welcome: Jenni :goodjob:
                                I had a fun adventure at the Frontier days this weekend. I dressed out in 18th century pioneer gear. I took my new trusty steed "Carlos Calbillo". In English "Charlie Horse" along. He is a large hand puppet to entertain the kids. He was a big hit. Even many Adults wanted their picture taken with "Charlie Horse". It was heart warming to hear all the kids questions about life in the past. How amazing that in this day and age a whirlygig can still light up a kids eyes in amazement. Living History brings the past back to life and I'm so pleased to be part of that! It wasn't take long ago I would have barely remembered the blurrrr of a weekend. It would have been spent wondering where to get my next drink. Thank God those days are gone forever. When I was drinking I merely survived and alcohol LIVED! now that I sober, I'm the one who is living and living life to it's fullest is my new plan! :l
                                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                                X