• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

dinner done (chicken chili...yummmm)
    tea in hand....feel safe again
    thanks for all of your support!!
    When I am not in a house full a people, I will be able to post more details and engage in discussions here on the nest.
    Thank you all so much for your support!! Can't wait to go to sleep and then wake up hangover free!!

By the way, I got half a day of skiing in by myself while everyone slept off their drunk from night before. Who is the winner? ME... I skied all day while they only got in half a day...:H
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1464688 wrote: dinner done (chicken chili...yummmm)
      When I am not in a house full a people, I will be able to post more details and engage in discussions here on the nest.
      Thank you all so much for your support!! Can't wait to go to sleep and then wake up hangover free!!

By the way, I got half a day of skiing in by myself while everyone slept off their drunk from night before. Who is the winner? ME... I skied all day while they only got in half a day...:H
      CHICKEN CHILI! YEAH!! Throw in lots of garlic/hot peppers/onions! Hot Hot Hot! I love it! By the way very healthy hot food.. expands your cells and gives you a GOOD HEALTH euphoric feeling!

Comment

Newbies Nest

YEAH!!!! JENNIECH

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is almost 9 here so I am making progress. Feeling antsy but OK I guess for day 1.....thsi too shall pass...
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

jIMMYDAMA;1464393 wrote: Good Morning Nesters, Day 14 feeling good. Having lunch with my wife today, really looking forward to our afternoon.
            Great job Jenni, that's awesome! How's things going No Sugar?
            j
            Thanks for asking jIMMY. This nest is so busy it sometimes seems like posts and responses get skipped or lost. Even so, I know that just the act of thinking things out and posting has great value and hopefully someone else gains something from what they read.

Anyway, like some other nesters, I stayed AF this weekend while socializing with people who were drinking and was very happy to meet that challenge.

Your weekend is a long one Jenni and you are making it through --Congratulations!!!

I am so glad for you jIMMY that things seem to be generally going well for you! 2 weeks is a big achievement!!

I am sorry I cannot remember the names of all the people who joined the nest this weekend (it appears that SEVERAL eggs hatched!) but welcome to all of you and I hope you post often and let us know you better.

I hope everyone here wakes up feeling great and ready to start a new week!

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1464688 wrote: dinner done (chicken chili...yummmm)

Well done Jenni......you were,indeed, the winner on all fronts

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle....hang in ....go to bed it you have to....whatever it takes to get day 1 done and dusted...Good job! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters! Sorry I haven't posted much today. This cold is still hanging on and I needed to grocery shop and do laundry today. I'm glad everyone is doing so well.

Jennie - great work! We're so proud of you!

Dottie - Just think how proud you'll be of yourself tomorrow morning. Each day AF makes a great incentive to make it through the next one.

I'm about to tuck into bed with a full belly. Take care everyone!
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrd, think I am going to make a cup of sleepy time tea.....first night is hard....last first night....
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Several people having a long difficult weekend are making it through. Keep up the good work, glad you can keep everybody updated.
                      -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's the Stuff Dot! It just becomes sickening after a while, doesn't it? ....Last Day 1 sounds great! Onwards to bigger and betters tomorrow. B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1464708 wrote: Thanks Byrd, think I am going to make a cup of sleepy time tea.....first night is hard....last first night....
                          Dottie
                          You know how good sobriety feels now.....you WILL do it, this time it will stick

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunday nights are are trigger for me. I asked hubby to go to the highway mini mart for ice cream....instead of me going.....it's where I used to get AL, I was able to stay clear. He doesn't know how he helped me tonight by going for me.
                            -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all Nesters!

Looks like a lot of newbies reporting a successful weekend ~ terrific!

Allan, nice to see you & congrats on your continued success.
                              Greetings Nanette, Dottie, glad to see you as well

It's very cold & very windy here, the power keeps going off & on.
                              Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go Jennie, last straw, jimmy, no sugar, all of y'all!

Welcome new members ....
                                And thanks to old timers for constant support

Anyone seen Tess? Just thinking about her

I posted this in your stumble thread, Hippyman ....but thought i'd share here too
                                Thanks for this stumble post Hippyman .... I had a slip last night, but managed to admit it, check in mwo and stay sober today even when others were drinking Round me...I believe my trigger was just a Saturday night of music, cooking and cards where I would have drunk with my husband .... Felt so unnatural to not drink and just gave in to the voice of the beast . ... Checking toolbox and proud that I didn't give myself permission to totally blow my sobriety

Comment

Working...
                                X