Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I went back today and looked .... I don't keep up but I feel special when someone mentions me personally and I wanted to try once to do the same. I actually left out pinecone(..... and I really loved his/her post today.... Y'all are all so special to me... I read all the posts or try ... Sometimes it moves too fast... But I rarely mention y'all's names so I wanted to this once

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day;1465743 wrote: just flying in briefly to say good night and hope we all get some good rest tonight.
      This seems to be my biggest problem still. I'm beginning to think it isn't related to being AF .... that it is just me! I hate to keep taking OTC sleep aids and melatonin and a "restless leg" naturopath pill, but that seems to be the only way i can get to sleep eventually (other than a prescription sleeping pill)
      Anybody have sucess with other things?
      I'm off to bed to give it a try! Nite all!
      Have you tried valerian root? I have in the past used it and it worked like a charm for me. I also downloaded an application on my iPhone and iPad called "Positivity". It is a mediation thingy-ma-bob, it is an interactive recording that helps you relax, I have never made it through the entire recording, I fall asleep, which is a good thing. Couldn't hurt to try it. I will do some more research and get back to ya.
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1465759 wrote:
        Day 3 after momentary stupidity ... But I like day 15/16 better!
        Ican,

Your posts are so inclusive and kind. Thank you.

Right now the difference between 3 days and 16 days AF seems big but I am looking forward to the day when for all of us newbies, 3 and 16 are essentially the same percentage of our HUGE total of AF days - when we are living AF lives!

Have a nice evening, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

For those who asked, I'm still hanging in there. Day 3 coming to an end. No booze. A nice evening of dinner and a little TV (Downton Abbey on Netflix) with my beautiful wife.

I'm about 2/3 the way through Alan Carr's book and am getting ready to jump back into it in a few minutes. It's been very effective at helping shape some new thoughts about alcohol. He speaks many truths that make his message very worthy of one's attention. I saw it mentioned here last week the day I joined. I immediately bought it for my Kindle. Highly recommended!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1465765 wrote: I went back today and looked .... I don't keep up but I feel special when someone mentions me personally and I wanted to try once to do the same. I actually left out pinecone(..... and I really loved his/her post today.... Y'all are all so special to me... I read all the posts or try ... Sometimes it moves too fast... But I rarely mention y'all's names so I wanted to this once
            Well it was very nice of you....I think I am going to work on this too! You have inspired me.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1465759 wrote:
              Missing Fin and Tess!!!!!
              Thanks, Ican! I'm here, but buried in a product release cycle. It'll mellow out soon. In the meantime, very much and admiring all the progress I see going on.

Good night, nesters.
              Fin
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

That was a nice job Onered
                Keep doing that until your subconscious really gets the message ~ you no longer drink!

Sleeping issues - well mine started before I dove into my drinking career. I think it was a combination of unrelentlng stress & unbalanced hormones That's when I started slugging back the wine hoping it would help me sleep. For me these days I rely on herbals, meditation & the benefits of regular exercise which all help. Sleep issues seem to be pretty common after a certain age

I've been known to keep two browsers open to keep checking back to see who I need to respond to

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. Once in a while I will try to make a comment to everyone in the nest. I need to have a pen and paper to make notes. I have tried going back and forth but I have lost my post more often than not.

I am off work this week for Feb. break. I have hardly sat down for a minute. They came to dig up a hole in my basement to fix a pipe that is leaking SEWER WATER! They first came in November and they are just getting to it now. They only came because last Friday I called and was a little "assertive". Hee Hee For the last couple days I have been carrying as much up from downstairs as I could so it wouldn't get too dusty from them cutting up the concrete. I am glad I did because they hung tarps but there is still dust all over everything. I am really upset because my 30 year old carpet might be ruined (even more). Sorry I couldn't type that with a straight face! YAY maybe it will be too ruined and my hubby will let us get new carpet?

My hubby will be home tomorrow night from his 8 days away at work. I am hoping to get to Curves to do my workout tomorrow. Even though I think walking up and down two flights of stairs carrying boxes etc. for two days could be considered a work out too.

I made it through the last week of intense urges. I hope that they have passed. I am glad that I did not give in to AL. It is nice to see new people finding the Nest. I haven't been posting much lately but I am going to try to post again daily.

Have a great AF day.
                  AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome Job, Nannette! :wd:

I can feel that sewer water taking over.... Been there :l

Just wanted to pop in and say how inspired I am that despite the pipes and the intense cravings, you didn't sway from the goal.... :l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette....I'd start picking out some carpet! : ) Nice job on fighting the urges!
                      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1465764 wrote: I read everyone's posts.....
                        I do too One, then go to reply and my mind goes blank. One way is to open MWO twice and flick from one to the other......or have a photographic memory.

You mentioned about Mrs C. Working with animals means that we learn to 'feel' what the animal feels. Because you are now sober you are more open and she could pick up on your vulnerability. Empathy to people and animals entails putting yourself in their feelings.

It is good to be open to the new.......good things can then come about. When we drank we shut out the world and let nothing new in.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sleep issues are on my plate tonight.....not because I want to drink, but because I kind of want to rip my face off right now! I have an abscessed tooth...which has seemed to spread through the entire upper right hand side of my gum and jaw, leaving nice path of blistery sores. I have been on antibiotics for a week now and they have done little to combat this infection. I opted to for go any pain medication, for fear that this early in my journey to staying AF, the high from the medication would stir up my drinking demon. I have been oil pulling with coconut and oregano oil, and using clove oil to numb the area....both burn pretty bad, but the clove oil does numb it for a while. I am scheduled for a root canal tomorrow....I have to hang on until then. Just threw this out there to take my mind off of the pain.
                          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

One ....put an ice pack on the cheek of that side.....it will give some relief.

Pain relief won't waken the drink monster, so take some :l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1465796 wrote: I do too One, then go to reply and my mind goes blank. One way is to open MWO twice and flick from one to the other......or have a photographic memory.

You mentioned about Mrs C. Working with animals means that we learn to 'feel' what the animal feels. Because you are now sober you are more open and she could pick up on your vulnerability. Empathy to people and animals entails putting yourself in their feelings.

It is good to be open to the new.......good things can then come about. When we drank we shut out the world and let nothing new in.
                              Kuya...it truly was a magical moment for me. Over the past 16 days I have felt this shift in my attitude, I don't know how to explain it other than I feel freer each day, I didn't feel this way on my other attempts, something is very different this time and I can't put my finger on it.
                              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1465803 wrote: One ....put an ice pack on the cheek of that side.....it will give some relief.

Pain relief won't waken the drink monster, so take some :l:l
                                I should have been more specific, they wanted to give me Vicodin, that stuff makes me high. Tylenol hasn't touched the pain, with all the meds I am on my stomach is doing back flips.:H My mouth is on fire....and the tooth feels like it is going to shoot out of my mouth. I will try the ice pack.
                                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X