Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9lover....I was wondering where you have been. Glad to "see" you. Hope you are feeling better.
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang tight Dottie.....I am home for the evening, I will be checking in if you want to chat just let me know.
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Oneredshoe....watching the cable guy replace the box yet again....
        Dot
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1466039 wrote: Good Morning, Loves :l

New Day- I hope you got some good sleep last night! Insomnia is not one of the problems I have, but just wanted to ask- are you using much caffeine? I know if I drink coffee or iced tea too late in the day it keeps me wired. It also causes my restless legs to cut up. I think i have mentioned this before, New Day, but antihistamines, like those in some otc sleep aids also cause the restless legs to worsen. Did you know that?

Pinecone- I love you "apples and alcohol" analogy. That pretty much sums it up for me and my addiction. That was great. Hope you have an awesome day, PC and thanks for being a part of our nest!

Daisy and Kuya- that's brilliant about us having to face all those triggers as we go thru the process of dealing with our newfound sobriety. I will have to keep watch. I wonder if that's what happened to me after my 3 year period of sobriety and horrid relapse? Also, MS Daisy- you sound Delightful! You sound like a totally different person these day. I am so happy for you! Keep up the great work! Hey, send us a pic of your new "do"

Onered- (I love your name!)- Thanks so much for sharing your story about Mrs C (hippyKu). I loved it and I too, believe God puts people in our lives at just the right times. Fantastic job of turning down that drink! And your tooth (OUCH). Hope you get some relief today!

Mornin' Ican- You are doin' GREAT! Keep up the good work. I know that days 4 and 5 were always tough for me. Stick close, youcan, ican!

Nosugar- love your statement about projecting to the time when all of us are just "living the AL-free life"- sounds great, doesn't it! I picture us all in that penthouse together- feeling great, looking great, acting great- well you get the picture!

Hiya Drape- I too enjoyed Carr's book. Glad to see you doing so well. Keep it up!

Happy Fin- We are SO HAPPY you are back with us! Boat looks great and you sound great! Be good!

Good Morning, Lav- Thanks for checking in and keeping us all straight today. Hope your day is awesome!

Nanette- Hey- I have missed you! BASEMENTS- UGGHHH!!! We have one too, although it's rare to have one in this part of the country. It has been nothing but problems. Good luck on getting your new carpet. I also hope your few days of cravings have passed. I had that happen to me for a while after the 100 day mark. It has gotten better though. Please stay strong!

Hi Kradle- so glad to see you!

Kuya- boy, did I ever shut out the world when i was drinking all the time. So sad. Now it surprises me when I realize I am actually dealing with problems I used to just escape from. Got me big girl panties on now!

Hi Kairos- so happy you have a lovely day and are able to take a walk. I wish I could do that today. Funny what you said about us all wanting different hair. I highlight mine and enjoy the fake color, but I still wish it weren't so thick. I have TOO MUCH hair. Gee, ya just can't please some folks (namely me!)

Dimension- I LOVE to sleep. I think that's my favorite pastime. I joke sometimes that my favorite body part is my eyelids. I mean, could you imagine if we couldn't close our eyes!! Horrid!! I don't know what lucid dreaming is. Unfortunately, I have trouble remembering my dreams. I am looking forward to the dream thread. Thanks!

Oh Struggles- You CAN do it. Follow all the advice that has been given here and you will lick this problem. You just have to want it more than anything else and them work at it a little at a time. We are here for you!

Hi happy hippy- I just love your posts. Ouch!! trying to sew leather!!! you should have known better than that!!! Get the machine, kiddo!!! Good luck on the costume!

Nursie- sorry it's under the circumstances, but I am glad you are back here with us. We will keep you safe, just stick close- we love you!

I am sure others have cross posted in the time it took me to type this all out so: Hi lolab, byrdie and whoever else stops by this morning. And yes, WHERE is Tess??? We miss you, hon!
          Dear StarFish.. You really amaze me at your care and notice to detail of every single person here.. Amazing really!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 glad you're back!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Suggestion for Lucid Dreaming!

Suggestion for Lucid Dreaming!

Clear your mind. Relax. Repeat to yourself thoughtfully one of the following:

?Tonight in my dreams, I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.?
              Or
              ?Tonight in my dreams, when I see something strange, I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.?
              Or fill in the blank with a dream sign which is both common and unusual in your dreams (for example, if your Father frequently appears in your dreams):
              ?Tonight in my dreams, when I see ___________ (my Father), I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww, thanks, dimension!!!
                Hey k9- glad to see you and glad you are feeling better!!!
                Red- so glad your dentists visit went well!!
                Hi everyone!!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie. Eat something!!! Eat a lot, dot!!! Eat so much you can't even think about drinking!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star had a peanut butter sandwich....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                    dot
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, I love my boy, but am envious of your gym trips and nail polish buying and all that kind of stuff with your daughter. :l

Dottie, good going on eating....you doin ok?

sorry for my short bursts here! Not much time to concentrate on the posts....
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1466278 wrote: Star had a peanut butter sandwich....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                        dot
                        Hint: Really HOT SPICY FOOD gives you a feeling of EUPHORIA! Especially really hot peppers! Break out the habanero sauce!!!!!!! :nutso:

Comment

Newbies Nest

DimensionDrifter;1466260 wrote: Suggestion for Lucid Dreaming!

Clear your mind. Relax. Repeat to yourself thoughtfully one of the following:

?Tonight in my dreams, I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.?
                          Or
                          ?Tonight in my dreams, when I see something strange, I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.?
                          Or fill in the blank with a dream sign which is both common and unusual in your dreams (for example, if your Father frequently appears in your dreams):
                          ?Tonight in my dreams, when I see ___________ (my Father), I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.?
                          This may seem like a dumb question....what is the difference between a lucid dream and a normal dream?
                          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good deal, dot!
                            Yeah, red, I wonder that about lucid dreams too. I am really interested in this-

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ya Starfish...where are all the bright colors? Your colorful post inspired me when choosing a new pair of eye glass frames, I went with a dark purple cat eye frame.
                              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

I guess we will have to patiently wait for DD to "esplain"this to us.......where are you DD?
                                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X