Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1466117 wrote: Daisy....I am sure you have posted it some where, what type of cancer does your Dad have? My Dad had cancer, I did a ton of research, I would love to chat perhaps compare notes. I also have a friend that is going to a naturopathic school in order to help her Dad with blood cancer......I maybe able to offer some tips, that is if you would like.
    Hi Oneredshoe; my dad was diagnosed with liver cancer last June. He had a fatty liver which brought on cirrhosis and then primary liver cancer. His liver was checked yearly but there was no sign of any problems until a CT scan showed 2 tumours in May. Then when he went to have the problem area removed, they had to stop as they found the majority of the liver was cirrhotic and more tumours appeared. Unbelievable!
    He now has at least 16 tumours and ceased treatment. I delivered his magic potion tonight and he is excited to get started.
    Google Br.Romano Zago - Cancer Cure. There is also a book written about it which I will be checking out. Will let you know how we get on.
    Dad also drinks a juice made up of around 8 to 10 berries and exotic fruits aimed at reducing cancer and a melon /mango juice to help reduce ascites(fluid on the belly). He takes these daily. I am convinced they are helping him. The improvement in the last 3 weeks is beyond belief.
    Hope is so important.
    Bet you wish you hadn't asked me - as you can see, my life right now revolves around my dad - we will do anything it takes.
    How is your dad now? Did he recieve treatment? I am so interested in anything that is natural......
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

LUCID DREAM.

Oneredshoe;1466290 wrote: This may seem like a dumb question....what is the difference between a lucid dream and a normal dream?
      In a lucid dream you are aware that you are dreaming and you learn to control the dream.
      Basically you wake up within a dream and direct it.. do anything you wish.. Fly, visit family etc.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey one red- I can't do the colors with my phone, but you can change the color by choosing the different colors under the font setting. It has to be in the " full post" mode, not quick post and it is up at the top ( above where you are typing. Hope that helps!
        Daisy- so sorry about your dad!
        Hi lola
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish, I appreciate that. I know it sounds bad and it is, but as long as he is here and happy, we will stay positive and believe. I trust in God and in a positive attitude. Dad is happy right now, so I am too!!
          Looking forward to checking out this dream thread and trying out lucid dreaming!!!!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DREAM THREAD

I'm packing the Dream Thread with info.. I think all of us can use this is a positive way to understand ourselves and our universe..
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ght-73596.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks dimension. And again, Daisy- you sound awesome! I really believe having a positive attitude affects our health. Keep it up!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope everyone is doing well..Just wanted to say that reading the posts are a great help

Am feeling okay, just a quick question , I am not sure if others have experienced this and can give me some insight or advice.I am on day 9 , and am finding myself being on edge, aggravated and irritable for longer than normal period of times. I believe I used to cope with these emotions by immediately having a drink or many to unwind. When I felt the walls closing in, my reaction was escapism.
                I truly believe being AF is a better life , I am committed to being AF and I am wondering if these feelings have to do with withdrawal, and what other coping strategies people use...Because honestly during the times when the kids are screaming, the husband is yelling I am finding it very very difficult.

I will check the tool box as well!
                On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi halo! I believe what you are experiencing is absolutely normal for this stage of the game. My suggestion for you is to do anything you can to make things easy on yourself. Some folks treat themselves as they were recuperating from an illness ( we really are)! Get plenty of rest, eat well, escape from the kids and husband by going to bed early, if possible. Take care of YOU and be patient with yourself. This will pass and you will be better than ever! You are almost at byrdies magic day 13 so keep up the great work!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1466297 wrote: Hi Oneredshoe; my dad was diagnosed with liver cancer last June. He had a fatty liver which brought on cirrhosis and then primary liver cancer. His liver was checked yearly but there was no sign of any problems until a CT scan showed 2 tumours in May. Then when he went to have the problem area removed, they had to stop as they found the majority of the liver was cirrhotic and more tumours appeared. Unbelievable!
                    He now has at least 16 tumours and ceased treatment. I delivered his magic potion tonight and he is excited to get started.
                    Google Br.Romano Zago - Cancer Cure. There is also a book written about it which I will be checking out. Will let you know how we get on.
                    Dad also drinks a juice made up of around 8 to 10 berries and exotic fruits aimed at reducing cancer and a melon /mango juice to help reduce ascites(fluid on the belly). He takes these daily. I am convinced they are helping him. The improvement in the last 3 weeks is beyond belief.
                    Hope is so important.
                    Bet you wish you hadn't asked me - as you can see, my life right now revolves around my dad - we will do anything it takes.
                    How is your dad now? Did he recieve treatment? I am so interested in anything that is natural......
                    Daisy.....I am actually glad I asked and I love that you responded! . I will definitely check out the book you suggested. My Dad unfortunately passed, 3 years ago. He had stage 4 lung cancer that metastasized to his brain and other areas. We had no idea, he went into the emergency room complaining of rib pain, they honestly thought it was perhaps a broken or fractured rib. So they sent him in for x-rays...then biopsy's and further testing. It was one blow after another.
                    My Dad went the traditional chemo route, which I honestly feel he did for my Mom's sake as she is a skeptic when it comes to alternative care. He did incorporate some alternative methods; such as juicing and the use of essential oils to help with minor pain relief and relaxation, as well as hydrogen peroxide baths. Some alternative methods could not be used because of the concern for the growth of the tumors on his brain. I will go through my handy dandy note book and talk to my friend and get back to you with other information as far as natural remedies.
                    I hear you as far as your life revolving around your Dad right now, as it should, but make sure that you also take a little time for yourself as well. :l. My life revolved around my Dad for 17 months and 14 days, I gave him end of life care at home when the time had come, I don't regret a moment of it! But I always made sure that I took a little bit of time for myself as well. You stay strong Daisy....I will be in touch.
                    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                    ~Author Unknown
                    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

DimensionDrifter;1466310 wrote: I'm packing the Dream Thread with info.. I think all of us can use this is a positive way to understand ourselves and our universe..
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ght-73596.html
                      Thanks DD....I will try the lucid dreaming technique tonight, but here's the thing, I don't really remember my dreams or is it that I am not dreaming?
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

DimensionDrifter;1466299 wrote: In a lucid dream you are aware that you are dreaming and you learn to control the dream.
                        Basically you wake up within a dream and direct it.. do anything you wish.. Fly, visit family etc.
                        I have done this before. I never flew or anything but I survived a zombie attack by 'imagining' a weapon in my previously empty hand. I did it at least once since then - a long boring dream involving me changing the shoes I was wearing just by thinking about it.
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

From Starfish .."New Day- I hope you got some good sleep last night! Insomnia is not one of the problems I have, but just wanted to ask- are you using much caffeine? I know if I drink coffee or iced tea too late in the day it keeps me wired. It also causes my restless legs to cut up. I think i have mentioned this before, New Day, but antihistamines, like those in some otc sleep aids also cause the restless legs to worsen. Did you know that?"

I only have half a cup of coffee in the morning and in the afternoon when I have tea, I make sure never to have regular green tea after 2:00pm. Any later than that, it is herbal tea. I didn't know about antihistamines in OTC sleep aids though. I will check the ingredients, thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day, Benadryl is the sleep ingredient part of Tylenol PM, etc.
                            Benadry is an old antihistamine & it definitely makes you sleepy. I actually take it in addition to some herbals to sleep

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest - it's really cold tonight!!!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

8:30 and the witching hour is gone....had a huge salad and 3 thin mint cookies...heading upstairs soon to watch some TV..change of scenery....
                              On to day 5...thanks everyone!
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

You Go Dottie....I am so jealous about the thin mints! I have cut sugar out of my life, I actually feel great because of it but every now and then I get the hankering for some chocolate and thin mints happen to be my favorite. I loved to eat them frozen.
                                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X