Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!
    Lola - My daughter and I had so much FUN at Zumba last night! Yes, I do love all the girly stuff we do...BUT...teenage girls can be very difficult, to say the least. :H Nothing is more annoying than a bunch of teenage girls together. LOL I have 6 teenage nephews and there is a HUGE difference...

Dimension - Thanks for that Dream thread. One of these days I will post some of my crazy dreams and see what you come up with! LOL

OK....guess I should work for a while but I just wanted to say Hi and see how everyone is. Back later...

xoxoxoxo
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

cuddle_demon;1466464 wrote: I've been on here a few months now and I dont think I've properly introduced myself. I'm Jacki and I only really tend to post on here when things are going really bad and I have no one else to talk to. I'm going to spend more time on here I think it will help. I'm not very good at saying how I feel but its worth a try.
      Hi, CuddleDemon

I think posting often, not just when things are awful, is a great tool for keeping yourself on the straight-and-narrow path to AF living. I have spent much of the last 5 or 6 weeks reading and posting here and I think that has been key to my 4 weeks of remaining AF. I had tried this on my own for several months but just was not successful for any extended period of time without the commitment to and involvement in a community, which is what MWO offers.
      The frequency of my posts certainly increased when I had a couple of periods of seriously wanting to drink but what a gift --- people here helped talk me down from making a big mistake. And, when you are typing furiously, there are no hands available to pick up a glass of wine or whatever you drink.
      Anyway, it would be nice to know you better and the only way we can do that is if you post and let us know what is up.

Have a great day, - NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1466625 wrote: Hi Everyone!
        Lola - My daughter and I had so much FUN at Zumba last night! Yes, I do love all the girly stuff we do...BUT...teenage girls can be very difficult, to say the least. :H Nothing is more annoying than a bunch of teenage girls together. LOL I have 6 teenage nephews and there is a HUGE difference...

Dimension - Thanks for that Dream thread. One of these days I will post some of my crazy dreams and see what you come up with! LOL

OK....guess I should work for a while but I just wanted to say Hi and see how everyone is. Back later...

xoxoxoxo
        K9
        K9Lover, Yes please post one your most interesting dreams in detail.. We would all love to hear it, and I will respond with my thoughts asap.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 and gnawing on my arm.....aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
          This what i get for allowing the beast back into my life....
          dot
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where are you, Dottie? Still at work?
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wherever you are- kick those thoughts right out of your head, NOW!!! Start cleaning your office if you are there. Can you go outside for a walk? Make a plan for how you are going to get from the office to your home without stopping "at the deli", Dot!
              Focus on the good time you will have tonight with DH at the "vacay" seminar.
              Get a snack and a drink (from the soda machine) before you leave work.
              You can do it, Dottie!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1466675 wrote: Day 5 and gnawing on my arm.....aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
                This what i get for allowing the beast back into my life....
                dot
                Dottie....try to look at the desire to drink as 'not you'. There is the REAL you that wants to get sober watching 'the child you' wanting to drink. It is a spoiled child that doesn't understand that alcohol will make it sick. The REAL you must protect that child by not giving in to the tantrum. It is tiring but just like minding real life children it will get tired and give in.

Keep saying NO! firmly, even out loud if it helps.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes I am still at work...will take an alternate route home so I dont pass the deli....
                  Eating some walnuts...drinking my water....
                  dot
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang tight Dottie.....listen to Kuya! I do deep breathing.....breathe in with good thoughts and exhale the bad thoughts. In very slowly....out very slowly with intention. Hey Dottie....did you know that lip smackers makes a thin mint flavored lip gloss? I told you last night I was going to look for a mint flavored chocolate flavored lip gloss, who'd a thunk it. Just trying to take your mind else where and perhaps get a little smile from you.
                    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                    ~Author Unknown
                    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, be sure when you are done gnawing on that arm, you put some antibiotic salve on the wound. Whatever it takes, girl!!!! :egad: HANG IN THERE...YOU will feel such accomplishment tomorrow with each urge you conquer and each day you succeed. Picture yourself slaying that evil bastard!

You don't want to be doing this :durn:; you want to be doing this :yay:

Rule that mind OR it will rule you!
                      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

I made it home safe and with NO wine...WooHoo!!!!!!!!
                        Thanks everyone......
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wd::wings::applaud::heartsnflowers: Please accept these flowers! :goodjob:
                          Dottie Belle;1466756 wrote: I made it home safe and with NO wine...WooHoo!!!!!!!!
                          Thanks everyone......
                          Dottie
                          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

great job Dottie! Not only did you survive that temptation/craving - you just made a HUGE stride in strengthening yourself for the next time...:l

halo, I remember it kind of being a "light bulb" moment for me, too - when I realized that I was seeking out stress...and then when I realized that I could be proactive about it...it was a real pivotal moment for me. Sometimes I would forget until I was kind of in the midst of that anxiety/excitement of stress...even if it was mostly in my mind....and then I'd take a nutri calm...it may have been largely in my head but it really did work. :-)

K9- it's probably for the best...as I am THE most uncoordinated person you've ever met. I bump into doorways walking through them. And don't ask me to mimic a dance move like in zumba or even the most basic of those classes...it's really embarrassing. If I had a daughter she wouldn't be caught dead going to one of those classes with me...or she'd be cursing me for inheriting my lack of coordination. :H

Keep yourselves busy guys....you might feel like "what's the point? the craving will still be there." and maybe it will....You might be in a phase where Mr. AdDICKtion head is in a strong last push to get you to buckle....but it won't last forever...and when you make it through, you'll have turned a corner, where you'll be so much stronger. Just don't give in before things get better....don't give in before the magic happens. :l
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go, Dottie!!!!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's the ticket Dottie!!

had some urges this afternoon....dinner is in the oven and I am STARVING.....not good to be so hungry at this time of day....did not have a chance to eat my entire lunch due to business meetings back to back so had itty bitty salad and some almonds. I need some REAL FOOD.
                                The good news? I would rather eat right now than drink...
                                I just won't anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X