Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1466802 wrote: That's the ticket Dottie!!

had some urges this afternoon....dinner is in the oven and I am STARVING.....not good to be so hungry at this time of day....did not have a chance to eat my entire lunch due to business meetings back to back so had itty bitty salad and some almonds. I need some REAL FOOD.
    The good news? I would rather eat right now than drink...
    I'm eatting so much lean meat now, I'm going to the shop 3 times a day! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Eating is so much more fun an satisfying sober, don't you think??
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1466805 wrote: Eating is so much more fun an satisfying sober, don't you think??
        Yes, because your body actually processes the nutrition properly! It all goes to rebuild your cells! When your drunk you just sh*t it all out! ants:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1466805 wrote: Eating is so much more fun an satisfying sober, don't you think??
          I have cooked from scratch and eaten complicated dinners that I had no clear memory of the next morning and had to check the leftovers to see what I made! I guess I'm glad I was functioning well enough not to poison everyone (or burn down the kitchen)!

Yes, AF is better on so many levels!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters...sorry I've been MIA, work is sprouting heads. How can it been a full moon, Friday the 13th and Monday all rolled up into one week? Perfectly happy customers are turning into freakish strangers! It's awful! The good news? I am sober to be able to sort thru the crap and deal with it. So that's pretty good news to me.

Stay the course, everyone....we certainly wouldn't hang around here and tell you how wonderful it is if we didn't truly believe it. (The pay ain't that good!)

I'm pooped. Stay strong, a bad day sober is 1000 times better than a good day drunk. XXOO, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters, it's been a little crazy but rewarding! Had a rough day at work Tuesday, not getting along with my wife (what's new haha, oh well) Office was crazy, phones were crazy, people popping in unannounced, constant distractions. I took a deep breath, told my staff, I appreciate y'all, but I'm out of here! I had crazy thoughts, felt like why am I even trying? I came to the realization that I was the poster child for H A L T,
              I was hungry, angry, lonely and tired. I needed a break and fast!

Decided the best thing for me was to get the hell out of there. Went to the afternoon feature at the movies for the first time in years, diet coke and popcorn! I was the only person in the room, they showed the movie just for me . Felt like a King, all calm returned, peace returned and my attitude was truly adjusted without the help of AL.

My wife told me she really can't trust me to remain AF, I told her I really don't care whether you can trust me or not because I'm not doing it for you, I'm doing it for me! I went home cooked a big steak with mushrooms, a little reading on MWO, and to bed!

Told my kids I would boil crawfish yesterday, wished I would not have promised them but my word means too much to me so I relented. It turned out really nice, baseball practice with my son, crawfish were good, actually got along half ass with my wife, I just don't know guys I just don't know? Sorry about the ranting, I just don't have much support other than y'all!

One red, what a wonderful story, thanks for sharing, this is what we need to keep us grounded and appreciate the little things!

Daisy45 and Kuya, association is the correct term, I was calling them habits, having a drink when a certain thing or event occurs, thank you. Associations - I have a bunch, and I'm killing them as they present themselves.

Welcome, JC Newbie, it's a great place full of wonderful people.

Jennifire, keep it going, that's awesome.

New Day, I'm on ambien and melatonin and/ or diphenhydramine. I can't sleep either, it's day 18 so I can't blame the AL. My mind is always instant on and never stops, I pray to God, Mary and Joseph that it would just slow down and let me sleep with out all the sleep aids!

Star, loving the colors, and your colorful insights, Thank You!

Slay, what a great post, I so can relate to my need to set boundries. Every relationship of mine had the same theme as your post. I allowed everyone to jump on my back and I tried to save the world. It can kill you if you let it. Thanks for your insights.

Dd, I was a functional alcoholic, I drank just enough not to Totally mess things Totally up!

No sugar, hang in there, Great Job!

Struggles, make a plan, and decide to make a stand, you got this.

Ican, You can I love it!

Byrdie and Hippy, thanks for watching out and guiding us through the rapids, we appreciate y'all so much!

K9, good to hear from you again.

Mein , Tess and Fin, Miss y'all hope all is well!

Greets to Lavande, Nanette, Kairos, Elliesmom, Pinecone, Kradle ?

Take care, sorry if I missed anyone, thanks for being there for me and everyone on this journey! You all are so appreciated and needed! j

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back from our presentation on cruises....something on my bucket list....maybe next year...
                Thanks everyone for the support tonight....I feel stronger already...
                Dottie...
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Dottie!
                  Just keep doing that & you win

New Day, the birth of my first grandchild was reason enough for me to quit & stay quit. I have 3 grandkids now & I am SO grateful to be fully present for all of them. I watch my grandsons several times/week while their parents are at work or school. Talk about needing energy watching a 4 yr old & a 22 month old :H:H
                  Wishing you continued success & loads of energy!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe & cozy night in the Nest.
                  No snow here Lola - just rain - yay!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am having a horrible day,

The radiator has gone on the car, and I'm broke.
                    Business is SO quiet that I am losing hope for the business.
                    I have not managed to find the money this week to keep up a tax arrangement.
                    I am up to my neck in debt and can't see how to get out.
                    I have a horrible, difficult case belonging to a horrible, difficult client and it is probably going to die.
                    My middle son is being an obnoxious pig and driving us all crazy.
                    My oldest son is moving house AGAIN and needs financial help that I can't give.

AND I have SIX mosquito bites on my ankle making me want to scream cos I have scratched and inflamed them.

Do I want a drink tonight ?.............................

YOU MUST BE JOKING ! :H

I want to feel better, not WORSE !
                    And that is how YOU will feel in a few months time, if you remain abstinent.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey All...I just broke my record for consecutive sneezes, 17, I have no idea why I felt the need to share that.:nutso::nutso:

Jimmy... I am not sure if you like to read but there is a great book titled "If the Buddha Married" written by Charlotte Kasl. It isn't some cheesy save your marriage book...I highly recommend it. It is an easy read.....very eye opening. Hey I just finished day 18....are we on the same time line?
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1466890 wrote: Hey All...I just broke my record for consecutive sneezes, 17, I have no idea why I felt the need to share that.:nutso::nutso:

?
                        Made me smile One

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1466894 wrote: Made me smile One
                          Well I am happy to have made you smile...would it make you smile more if I told you I almost peed my pants while sneezing my brains out.

I just read your post about what a horrible day you are having. Kuya I am sorry....I wish I were there to give you a hug, this will have to do:l.
                          Options......there are always options, have you thought about or consulted anyone about the situation and what options you have?
                          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1466899 wrote: Well I am happy to have made you smile...would it make you smile more if I told you I almost peed my pants while sneezing my brains out.

I just read your post about what a horrible day you are having. Kuya I am sorry....I wish I were there to give you a hug, this will have to do:l.
                            Options......there are always options, have you thought about or consulted anyone about the situation and what options you have?
                            Yeah, have a business mentor but it is just about timing and the slow economy ( and I am too damn honest TBH )

Don't worry, if this venture fails a new adventure will begin.

Life is the exact opposite of alcohol, don't quit :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1466916 wrote: Yeah, have a business mentor but it is just about timing and the slow economy ( and I am too damn honest TBH )

Don't worry, if this venture fails a new adventure will begin.

Life is the exact opposite of alcohol, don't quit :H:H
                              Yeah that was me not too long ago...I had a beautiful little boutique. Economy tanked and so did my business. It was tuff....but I survived. When I look back closing my business was a really great decision, it gave me freedom. Nothing wrong with being too honest.....:H. Well cheers to the adventure at hand and the possibility of a new one.
                              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1466929 wrote: Yeah that was me not too long ago...I had a beautiful little boutique. Economy tanked and so did my business. It was tuff....but I survived. When I look back closing my business was a really great decision, it gave me freedom. Nothing wrong with being too honest.....:H. Well cheers to the adventure at hand and the possibility of a new one.
                                Thanks Hun ....... Keep trucking

Comment

Working...
                                X