Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:goodjob: Excellent on one month sober. Tomorrow is 5 months for me and YES, it is most certainly a BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!!
    Slaythefear;1467118 wrote: Morning Nesters!

Oneredshoe, this is for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyooCErXdMI[/video]]A Beautiful Morning-The Rascals - YouTube

Well, alright the snow is coming down and it's cold, but it's still a beautiful morning in my head, and it's a new beautiful day!

Ican, just keep on going. Sometimes, we just aren't quite ready yet, but if you want it, eventually it clicks. For me I've had to deal with other issues and I am still dealing with them. I believe staying AF involves totally embracing life and sometimes we have things that are still in our way or lessons we still have to learn. Keep plowing through.

Jimmy, good job on going to the movies and taking a break. Smart move. I think a lot of us have that issue. It's not easy to break with loved ones either. If you've been a caretaker/rescuer for someone, they get pretty testy when you stop. It can be a painful process, but there isn't any other way to the other side. You are doing great. Hang tough and stick to your guns. If you don't have support outside, just grab a hand and vent here.:l You are exactly right that it has to be for YOU! Not others. When we want it for ourselves and want the change and a better life, we are motivated from inside.

Daisy, I can relate to those very sad times where we hurt so bad we need relief. Eventually, we begin to hurt a little less, then even less and we are able to grab hold of our internal strength and use it again. Keep moving forward; you are worth it.

DD, my dreams are too scary and bizarre to share. Sometimes they are horrifying. I know they will pass as I work through my situation and get to a more peaceful place. An unsettled mind will haunt you in the night. I know people who get locked in there dreams and are freaking out, but you have a hard time getting them awake. They are lucid dreaming at the time.

Kuya, life sounds like it's having a field day with you in the 'when it rains, it pours' category. The old obvious choice was DRINK! How can one person handle all this...to hell with it...waaahhh...victim...
    I admire your new found strength. We need strength and courage and we sure aren't going to find the real thing in a bottle. Liquid courage is a fantasy of losing proportions. It used to make me feel strong when I was in the inebriated state. I would challenge guys to arm wrestling contests like I was so tough. I think we both know how that ended...the same way all our situations end while drinking. It's funny you should mention your son. Last night after logging off, I was thinking about asking you how you handle the difficulties with your children in regards to that other topic of not feeling the pain of others or rescuing them. So this morning, there you have two issues. Care to share? I thought maybe I should ask PM. Anyway, I wanted your insight.:l:h

Good job Dottie. Don't you feel good about that this morning? Keep that in your mind. How good it feels to use your strength and win.

Hello to everyone in the nest. You can make this an AF day. Tomorrow will be 30 days for me. If I can do it with the mess I've been in, we all can do it!!!

Love,

Slay
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Hipster! Tomorrow is my official 30 days AF. I did this in August, but never made it to the 60 day mark, so that is really the day I should talk about my achievement. For me, I believe getting from 30 to 60 will ask more of me than the first 30 days as the landscape of challenge changes here. At least I have my prior slip to learn from, but I suspect I will have some increased challenge in this leg of my journey.

I posted this in the research section. I know many here mention anxiety. Halo was just asking about it.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ml#post1467127

I started taking these baths about 11 days ago along with yoga. I know I am low in magnesium, so I am trying this out.
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Nesters ...... first off, Kuya, I'm so sorry to hear of all your struggles. Seems like a lot of us have a lot of unpleasant things to deal with in our lives. And most of you are dealing with it admirably, without AL.
        I was as well, until last night. It was a day where everything hit at once and by the end of the day, not only was I stressed out, I was exhausted and just royally fed up with everything and everyone. So, the f*** it attitude took over, and I didn't care anymore.
        I won't go into all the details of how life got to me but I was just overwhelmed and would love nothing better than to pack my bags and walk out.
        So, this morning I felt I released alot of the stress last night by disappearing into myself and I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I just couldn't fight the fight anymore last night, but I feel refreshed today and ready to have an AF run again.
        Even though I don't have a long run time (40 days was my max), I have certainly improved from where I was last Fall.
        So, back on the horse and off I go again for a fresh start.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Since Brydlady has been getting beaten up by the world lately, I wanted to send some :l:h:l:h Life can't be all sunshine and roses; although, I think most of us would like it to be. Hang in there Brydlady. We love ya!

New Day, I've been there. My second lapse was really about survival. I chose to drink because I was so far down, I had all I could handle. The beauty of those moments is we learn that we need to make some changes in our lives and those changes may be very painful and difficult, but not addressing them leaves us forever in bondage to their harm, whereas taking the pain and getting it over with by making changes offers a future free of that bondage. I hope that makes sense? :l
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS TO NO SUGAR FOR 30 DAYS AF!!!

YEEEEHAAAAW! Good work, girl!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Slay. It has been nice to do this with you. I look for your posts each day here and sometimes on the Roll Call, I just check your entry instead of doing my own math!

You said next month may be even harder than this one for you. What I've noticed this month is that when I knew I faced a challenge, I psyched up and did fine. THEN I struggled. So, we all know March might be a tough month for you and WE ARE HERE TO HELP. Your thoughtful posts clearly help so many people and I know all of us would want to return the favor.

To Day 60 and Beyond!!

- NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done on your 30 days NoSugar! All my best to you!:groupluv::goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Dear Friends :l

Byrdie, we are all sending positive vibes your way. Also to the other nesters with "business troubles" - (Kuya and onered). Sorry things are so though, but thanks for showing us those great attitudes! You guys are amazing!

Jimmy- your post was great! Thanks for taking the time to visit with us! And GREAT job on recognizing HALT. That is something I try to do every time i start craving and it always has worked for me.

Dear Dot- GREAT job on avoiding the beast for another day. You got it this time, gal! Keep it up!

Kuya- Our wise, positive, friend. Your post about all your troubles....I just knew as soon as I began to read it that somehow it would turn out with a happy ending- and it did! You are AWESOME! We love you!!

Onered- gazuntite (sp?) SEVENTEEN times LOL. We love you too! Thanks for being here!

Daisy- I said it before and I will say it again- You sound like a different person!!! I always have loved you, but now, I hardly even recognize you with such a positive attitude. You are a winner, Daisy. Thanks for being with us!

J.J.- You also sound FABULOUS, dahling! That salsa dancing sounds fun and I am sure you will look great. I admire you for taking up new hobbies. It just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?

Ican and New Day- Great job on hopping back in the saddle. We are here for you. Let's get going again!

Dimension - Congrats on 10 days!!! Keep up the great work!

Hippy- my friend!!! Have fun at the circus. And HUGE CONGRATS on 5 months!!! I am right behind you!!!

Hi Slay- thanks for the youtube video- it really started my day off right! And Congrats on coming up on 30 days- Byrdie must be making your hat.
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, Congratulations! I"m so happy for you.
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Sugar!!!! 30 Days!!!!!

Wow, my friend, You have conquered each and every day of the month and have earned a highly coveted award. You know that the members of the Nest always bestow "the hat" upon those brave souls who achieve thirty days of sobriety and today, my dear- You have earned that award!

No Sugar,

Your Hat -:goodtime:

Please wear it in good health!

We are so PROUD of YOU!!!
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bizarre?

Slay, I would LOVE to hear your bizarre and sometimes horrifying DREAMS!
                        Slay the Day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DimensionDrifter;1467102 wrote: Hi nest!
                          At last feel I'm back to 100%! Yes, it took 10 days of your life to do it! (Let that be a warning to all) 10 DAYS! Feel great! Don't want to be over confident.. Don't want to be egocentric.. Just want to enjoy the simple things and advance my mind. Speaking of which.. Please post your dreams in detail on the Dream Warriors thread and I will analyze them and post my thoughts asap!
                          DimensionDrifter, Fabulous at 10 days. Ain't it grand????:wd:

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1467187 wrote: DimensionDrifter, Fabulous at 10 days. Ain't it grand????:wd:

-S-
                            It is Grand indeed laststraw! GRAND INDEED! :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters...thanks to Star for pulling hat duty! Well done, NoSugar!! We are all very proud of you.

Friday is just another day (sez Lav!) not a free AL pass....so carry on!! Every day you put between you and AL is a great day! Starve the Beast! Silence the Voices!! You will never be sorry being sober!

Off to work...(must I?) What a week....hugs and strength to all....Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestaroonies
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.