Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nursie- please don't let yourself STARVE!!! EAT, nursie, EAT!!!! And congrats on 5 days!!!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1467201 wrote: Nursie- please don't let yourself STARVE!!! EAT, nursie, EAT!!!! And congrats on 5 days!!!
      On the contrary Star, I am eating everything in sight! I even wake in the middle of the night, hungry and thirsty.

I have to do a proper shopping and pick up the good healthy foods, as well as my supplements and my seltzer. I love seltzer and it did become quite a comforting ritual after work the last time I quit.
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

g

Good Morning Nesters.....

Daisy...YahwhoE on 10 days! Feels GREAT doesn't it! I know this is a difficult time during your life and to be rocking it AF just goes to show you that you are so very strong!
        P.S. going to be sending you a pm

JJ....3 months! You inspire me.

Lavande....good morning sunshine.

Ican....you know you can and I know you can!

DD...Congrats on day 10, flex those muscles! I have no dreams to share, I wonder why I don't remember them? I know I have broken sleep due to my pupperoni, she feels the need to sleep on me, and she isn't a small pup, and I don't have the heart to shove her off of me for she looks too precious when she sleeps.

Hippy....5 months, 5 months, 5 months. You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:alf:

Slay...thank you so much for the morning song! I have been signing in my head and out loud! You made my day. Congrats on the 30 days, :wave: speaking of magnesium....my Doctor started me on Natural Vitality's "Natural Calm". It is an anti-stress drink that helps to balance your calcium intake and to restore healthy magnesium levels. I love it so far, but you have to play with the dosage, too much at one time can send you running for the bathroom, if you know what I mean uch::

Newday....never quit quitting.

Byrdlady......sending you love:heart::

Nosugar.....CONGRATULATIONS on 30 days!!!!!!!!!!

Starfish....thanks for the GA-ZOON-TIGHTS.......the older I get the more I sneeze and the less I trust them, if you know what I mean.:H:

A big shout out to Mama K.......wanted to let you know I am trucking on through 19 consecutive days of AFL, headed to the beach. :beach:
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown
        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1467160 wrote: CONGRATS TO NO SUGAR FOR 30 DAYS AF!!!
          YEEEEHAAAAW! Good work, girl!
          Thank you for the 30-day hat, Starfish1! I have super-curly hair and so rarely if ever wear hats (quite a clown look, I'm afraid!) but I am making an exception and wearing this one with pride!:thanks:

I appreciate the notes, Slay, NewDay, Pinecone, OneRedShoe, and Byrd.:l

It is amazing to me how much more do-able this life-change is when done in a group. It is wonderful how we all seem to truly care about and want to celebrate the successes of others and how much love (both the gentle and tough forms) and support are offered when someone is struggling or caves in to the pressures. MWO is something of the model society we wish we could achieve in the offline world!

I always knew in my heart that I needed to give up drinking 100% and the stories of people here and my own experiences of the last 30 days have brought that knowledge into focus in my brain. Now my heart and brain just need to keep my hands and mouth in check! With the support of all of you, I feel confident it will work!

Thank you and the best to everyone here, NoSugar

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yougo::yougo:HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!:yougo::yougo:

I hope everyone in the Nest is doing well today! NoSugar...you totally rock...woot, woot...30 days!!!! You should be proud of yourself...I know I'm darn proud of ya!

Not much to report...still getting my strength back from my week-long illness. No real complaints except for my aching back and neck. I CANNOT seem to find a pillow that eases my neck pain. UGH. Ok, enough complaints

Everyone stay strong over the weekend...you CAN do this. A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before!

Be well my friends :h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Sugar - Congrats on your 30 days. This is a big one. Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Daisy - I might have missed the post but what did you do with your hair? Blond, Brown, Red or all three? :wow:

I am still doing well.

I had a thought. (I know so unlike me right? Hee Hee)

I was trying to figure out why so many of us were experiencing the same thing last week. Trouble with wanting to drink quite badly. Then I heard something on the news about the meteors that were going by the earth. They were explaining that the gravitational pull was comparable to the pull of a full moon. :moon::bum: No not those moons! I kept asking everyone if there was a full moon coming. That is what it felt like. Anxious, unsettled and sleep issues. :nutso:These all happen to me when it is a full moon. Also people around me were very up tight and crabby too and the kids in my classroom were off too. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you. That is my thought for today.
              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanners...I have no thoughts...my customers are pecking me to death. Maybe the gravitational pull of the Earth has them all aligned to peck at one target... Me. I'm with you, something's going on, it's been the week from H___. But NOT ONE TIME did it occur to me to drink my way out of it! THAT'S why we are here! To learn the coping skills to LIVE!! Happy Friday everyone! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1467255 wrote: Nanners...I have no thoughts...my customers are pecking me to death. Maybe the gravitational pull of the Earth has them all aligned to peck at one target... Me. I'm with you, something's going on, it's been the week from H___. But NOT ONE TIME did it occur to me to drink my way out of it! THAT'S why we are here! To learn the coping skills to LIVE!! Happy Friday everyone! B
                  I know that drinking would only add another dimension to the problems. And that is what I would tell others. I am looking forward to the time when I don't even consider it. I know this time is coming soon!

Have a great day Byrdie. We luv you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette, not a major difference. As I had home-dyed it so often, the hairdresser wasworried about how it might turn out. I had blonde streaks which I actually quite like. I enjoyed having the darker hair - gave me a bit of anonymity; people didn't recognise me and I liked that.
                    My mum, on the other hand, hated it and did not make a secret of it - she is obsessed with blonde hair - told me and anyone who would listen that I looked like a witch and 'used to be' good-looking. She then played the 'sick dad' card and told me dad just wants his daughter back - he was so proud of how good-looking you were with your lovely blonde hair!!! You really have to meet my mother to believe it!!
                    It gets worse!! They wanted to do something for me as I do so much for them so they insisted on paying to get my hair done.
                    Worse again! I am in the salon, foils in hair and my sis walks in - mum and dad are across the road and sent me to check you are getting highlights.....it was quite funny.
                    Then!!! 10 minutes later, I hear a horn continuously beeping outside in the main street. Everyone in the salon was looking - there is my sis driving and mum and dad hanging out the windows waving into the salon!!!! I am 47 yrs of age and my face was purple!!!
                    I do have to admit it was funny; customers and staff were in stitches.
                    So, finally Nanette, I have started back on my slightly blonde journey but am happy with this for now - brunettes with streaky blonde do have fun!!!!
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1467309 wrote: Nanette, not a major difference. As I had home-dyed it so often, the hairdresser wasworried about how it might turn out. I had blonde streaks which I actually quite like. I enjoyed having the darker hair - gave me a bit of anonymity; people didn't recognise me and I liked that.
                      My mum, on the other hand, hated it and did not make a secret of it - she is obsessed with blonde hair - told me and anyone who would listen that I looked like a witch and 'used to be' good-looking. She then played the 'sick dad' card and told me dad just wants his daughter back - he was so proud of how good-looking you were with your lovely blonde hair!!! You really have to meet my mother to believe it!!
                      It gets worse!! They wanted to do something for me as I do so much for them so they insisted on paying to get my hair done.
                      Worse again! I am in the salon, foils in hair and my sis walks in - mum and dad are across the road and sent me to check you are getting highlights.....it was quite funny.
                      Then!!! 10 minutes later, I hear a horn continuously beeping outside in the main street. Everyone in the salon was looking - there is my sis driving and mum and dad hanging out the windows waving into the salon!!!! I am 47 yrs of age and my face was purple!!!
                      I do have to admit it was funny; customers and staff were in stitches.
                      So, finally Nanette, I have started back on my slightly blonde journey but am happy with this for now - brunettes with streaky blonde do have fun!!!!
                      :funnypost:

Oh my goodness Daisy. I loved this story! I am sorry but I was laughing quite heartily. :waving: :Heeky:

A little controlling by really funny!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy- this story sounds like a script from a sitcom- honestly!
                        Bless your heart, dear! You couldn't even get a break at the beauty salon!
                        I am sure you are GORGEOUS!!!
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Damn right there's a full moon on the way - no wonder everything & everyone seems so weird this week :H
                          I am getting my smudge sticks out tonight - oh yeah

Byrdie, give me your address - I'll put Stella on a bus & send her to you for a few days. She will come to your defense & pick off anyone bothering you!!!!

CONGRATS on your 30 AF days No Sugar
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another friends birthday dinner tonight out on the town....hope to keep strong, Friday night always seems to be the hardest ......

As one friend exclaimed, I can't wait for Friday martini's....

I'm wondering if I need to avoid these functions all together....

Day 11 AF
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

halo;1467368 wrote: Another friends birthday dinner tonight out on the town....hope to keep strong, Friday night always seems to be the hardest ......

As one friend exclaimed, I can't wait for Friday martini's....

I'm wondering if I need to avoid these functions all together....

Day 11 AF
                              Maybe day 11 is a bit early unless you feel super-confident that you can turn down a drink. You don't want to be a hermit, of course, but this is a pretty big challenge as it is without extra temptation.

So look deep down and if you know in your heart you will drink, maybe you should get more AF time in first. If you are fired up to say HECK NO, then go on and have fun.

I sound like your mother so I hope you are young!! If not, sorry about my tone!!

Have a AF great evening, whatever you decide!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1467337 wrote: Damn right there's a full moon on the way - no wonder everything & everyone seems so weird this week :H
                                I am getting my smudge sticks out tonight - oh yeah

Byrdie, give me your address - I'll put Stella on a bus & send her to you for a few days. She will come to your defense & pick off anyone bothering you!!!!

CONGRATS on your 30 AF days No Sugar
                                Full moon in Virgo, Lav. I am a Virgo Sun/Virgo moon! That kinda makes Happy Hippy a wee bit crazy! :nutso::alf::teeter:
                                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                                X