Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!
    I got to work at home today (on my “day off”) & thought I’d have time to post while working… so wrong!
    It has been a really hectic week, almost one of those “be careful what you wish for” deals. I had hoped my contingent employment would increase some to keep me occupied for my first week back on MWO. It did! But it has also been crazy…. Nannette, I did notice the moon will be full on 2/25, and things generally get a little weird as it is waxing. Also, there has been a moon/Jupiter conjunction this week & Jupiter rules Sagittarius (my sign). And yep, I do check my horoscope daily… I am sorry to hear that others have been negatively impacted this week too. Byrdlady, you are such a positive influence with your reaction to work stress!
    I have been getting so tired, not sure if my slight (10mg/day) increase in baclofen is causing some of it, or maybe it’s digesting all the extra food and supplements. Maybe I should cut back on the Calms Forte? I always thought homeopathic meds didn’t affect me much. Maybe thinking on all of that wine didn’t work very well.
    Today is day 7 for me! I am so jazzed! And I know a great deal of the credit goes to all of the people who post here. At least I can sometimes read NN & the bac threads, even when I can’t post much. Hope to improve that soon.
    Be Well,

Jenn
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes....Marcel Proust

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh NO. I hate the full moon around here....Everybody buckle up tight...pretend you're a werewolf...and expect that those cravings /random thoughts might be a little more ummmm.... URGENT for the next few days??? I honestly believe that.

Anyway...I've had a nice day with the teen boy....and ready for a nice evening with him, too...we do have some nice talks. Which wouldn't have happened "before". I drove him through sleet and freezing rain today....another reason to be thankful that I could do it fully alert.

Daisy, you made me laugh...great story...it really is wonderful that you have folks that care about you...even if it's just the color of your hair...:H

And nursie, I keep forgetting to say hello and glad you're back
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh wow - jennifire - congrats on your one week!!!! That's wonderful!!!!! No wonder we were anticipating the full moon? LOL.
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Been a long day..worked from home so I could go to doc about my ankle. Got it x-rayed and it is not broken just badly sprained...that took all afternoon. Finished up my work day now trying to relax..Friday is always a trigger day so I am going to hang close and read, read, read....
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1467309 wrote: Nanette, not a major difference. As I had home-dyed it so often, the hairdresser wasworried about how it might turn out. I had blonde streaks which I actually quite like. I enjoyed having the darker hair - gave me a bit of anonymity; people didn't recognise me and I liked that.
            My mum, on the other hand, hated it and did not make a secret of it - she is obsessed with blonde hair - told me and anyone who would listen that I looked like a witch and 'used to be' good-looking. She then played the 'sick dad' card and told me dad just wants his daughter back - he was so proud of how good-looking you were with your lovely blonde hair!!! You really have to meet my mother to believe it!!
            It gets worse!! They wanted to do something for me as I do so much for them so they insisted on paying to get my hair done.
            Worse again! I am in the salon, foils in hair and my sis walks in - mum and dad are across the road and sent me to check you are getting highlights.....it was quite funny.
            Then!!! 10 minutes later, I hear a horn continuously beeping outside in the main street. Everyone in the salon was looking - there is my sis driving and mum and dad hanging out the windows waving into the salon!!!! I am 47 yrs of age and my face was purple!!!
            I do have to admit it was funny; customers and staff were in stitches.
            So, finally Nanette, I have started back on my slightly blonde journey but am happy with this for now - brunettes with streaky blonde do have fun!!!!
            This is toooooo funny! Sounds like something my family would do.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just wanted to thank the additional people who offered 30-day congratulations here and on the NN rollcall today - it means a lot!:thanks::thanks::thanks:

When I meet AF beginners on other threads, I sure try to encourage them to come here -- it is a 'place' that makes giving up AL at least seem possible and offers the needed advice and support.

Enjoy a safe, fun, AF weekend, everyone.

- NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tell me, "Atta Girl".

I had to go to the post office next to the dreaded highway market where AL lives.

I was soooo tempted.

I made it home with AL. I fast forwarded and did not like the results I was envisioning.

Thanks for all your helpful tools and experiences.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

OOPS !!!!

I meant WITHOUT AL !!!!!

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haha last straw I was wondering! Congrats.... No sugar .... Congratulations!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Atta Girl, Last Straw!!! You will be one happy bunny tomorrow morning!
                      NoSugar, brilliant work on the big 3-0!!!!!!
                      Glad you enjoyed my nutty family antics!! Feel really good today - my daughter just gave me a facial and then I gave my 2 daughters one. I can't remember doing that. They are 17 and 18 and have just gone to bed. The eldest one said that she loves it when I am 'like this', getting up early and possible being 'the real me'???
                      Byrdie, hope your work situation settles soon!
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd I feel like the folks I work with peck at me daily....and my boss pecks constantly....Just one of the many reasons I am ready to leave that toxic place...
                        Dottie..
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Man oh man...all this talk about full moons has me jumping out of my lily white skin. Being a vampire, I just hate it when those dreaded mongrel werewolves come howling. Now that I don't get my Bloody Marys I'm out late at night...don't like seeing those skeevy creatures.:durn:

:lordhelpme:

Night all!
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy - Isn't it great to spend quality time with your girls and not just rush them off so you can drink? I spent TOO many years doing that to my girl, but never again! We have SO MUCH FUN together now. She sometimes randomly tells me "Mom, you're the strongest person I know"...and she's not talking about my ability to lift weights. LOL She KNOWS how hard this has been, and she totally respects me for making the changes I needed to make. Now if that isn't THE BEST reason to get sober...what is? Anyway...great job. I'm sure you are all gorgeous with your facials and beauty sleep! :l

ATTA GIRL LAST STRAW!! Alcohol=0/LastStraw=1
                            Keep it up my friend!!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I dream of.......

I responded to your Dreams Nursie and K9!

I dream of rain
                              I dream of gardens in the desert sand
                              I wake in vain
                              I dream of love as time runs through my hand

I dream of fire
                              Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
                              And in the flames
                              Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire
                              -Sting

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think full moons truly do make some people a little batty and sometimes just down right mean. For me....well they just make me a little silly, except for this very moment (warning totally off the drinking subject) when I want to run across the street and give my neighbor a little taste of her own medicine for screaming at her dog! She is still screaming at him as been since I started typing this post and it is grinding my gears. I am an animal lover, dogs are my weakness....mess with an animal in front of me, well that's just not cool, I can, have and will open a level of crazy that will make a persons nightmares seem like a pleasant dream. I have never seen her hit her dog, God forbid I ever do! Just needed to vent for a moment. I feel much better and she has stopped screaming.
                                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                                ~Author Unknown
                                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X