Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1467768 wrote: Slay has 30 days AF TODAY!
    I've been patiently waiting for her to show up too! Where are you girl???
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulation NOSUGAR & SLAY. You are my heros.

Thanks PINECONE & RUNNING COURAGE. Your greetings mean alot.

It IS so great to wakeup sober on a Saturday. Friday/Frinight was a AL until passout routine for a long time. Ahhh, feels good

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on 30 days Slay! You are slaying that al beast!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday to All, it's a really Beautiful day here in the south. More baseball this afternoon, there really is a God! Feeling terrific,and un hung, I love that, I'm so gonna start using that! We have three more games Oh Yea! I Truly love watching those kids play. They have been playing together since they were 7, now most are bigger than me!

No beers after the game, one coach (not me ) is running in the marathon in NOLA this weekend, didn't even get to say "I don't drink anymore", shucks was looking forward to saying it.

Had a really good night, feeling the mud flow through my veins right now is wonderful
          ( really strong coffee)!

My son stayed over last night, was really nice to have company.

Awesome awesome awesome job No Sugar and Slay Wow 30 days, really awesome!
          We all so appreciate the encouragement and faith! Y'all are a true inspiration!

Welcome new and old to the nest, you can truly feel the love and support from all, Thanks!

A quick, funny story on the wonders of waking up after a doozie. One of my staff (46) took a few days off and went to the " Pink" concert on thurs, in Houston. She called the office at 3 pm, we told her we needed to do a voice check and placed the call on speaker So we all could hear, she was well on her way at that time, woo hoo- ing!

Well we phoned back at 9:00 am the next morning and got quite a different response, on speaker again " What do y'all want, oh my God my head hurts, Sh&t I feel like crap". One of my staff said, it's national Margarita Day today, she said "Not in Texas, it's not margarita day
          in Texas" then she realized she had to ride with her sweet daughter in law and two grand children (4 and 18 mo) all the way to El Paso about 14 hours away. All we heard was Sh$t, Sh$t, Sh&t, we all smiled, looked up and collectively said a "Thank You God". She wanted to shoot herself! I thought that was funny because that was me so so many times over :thanks:

Have a wonderful day, and as Hippy said, Be Kind it's totally free and I find you get a whole lot of "Change" back! Take care, j

Comment

Newbies Nest

jIMMYDAMA;1467806 wrote: Happy Saturday to All, it's a really Beautiful day here in the south. More baseball this afternoon, there really is a God! Feeling terrific,and un hung, I love that, I'm so gonna start using that! We have three more games Oh Yea! I Truly love watching those kids play. They have been playing together since they were 7, now most are bigger than me!

No beers after the game, one coach (not me ) is running in the marathon in NOLA this weekend, didn't even get to say "I don't drink anymore", shucks was looking forward to saying it.

Had a really good night, feeling the mud flow through my veins right now is wonderful
            ( really strong coffee)!

My son stayed over last night, was really nice to have company.

Awesome awesome awesome job No Sugar and Slay Wow 30 days, really awesome!
            We all so appreciate the encouragement and faith! Y'all are a true inspiration!

Welcome new and old to the nest, you can truly feel the love and support from all, Thanks!

A quick, funny story on the wonders of waking up after a doozie. One of my staff (46) took a few days off and went to the " Pink" concert on thurs, in Houston. She called the office at 3 pm, we told her we needed to do a voice check and placed the call on speaker So we all could hear, she was well on her way at that time, woo hoo- ing!

Well we phoned back at 9:00 am the next morning and got quite a different response, on speaker again " What do y'all want, oh my God my head hurts, Sh&t I feel like crap". One of my staff said, it's national Margarita Day today, she said "Not in Texas, it's not margarita day
            in Texas" then she realized she had to ride with her sweet daughter in law and two grand children (4 and 18 mo) all the way to El Paso about 14 hours away. All we heard was Sh$t, Sh$t, Sh&t, we all smiled, looked up and collectively said a "Thank You God". She wanted to shoot herself! I thought that was funny because that was me so so many times over :thanks:

Have a wonderful day, and as Hippy said, Be Kind it's totally free and I find you get a whole lot of "Change" back! Take care, j
            14 Hours hungover in the heat in a car! UG! I'm sure more than a few toilet breaks will be necessary! So thankful for high speed trains! No more cars for me, and No more hangovers! No cold beer at a baseball game! Wow! Maybe more people are getting sick and tired OF BEING sick and tired!?? :wd: *Who would have ever guessed that when you exert yourself and sweat, that you should replace those lost liquids with water?? Shocking! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning one and all!!!! Thank you all for the congrats on my 30 days AF. :l As fin puts it, I've made it to the 3rd floor. This place looks familiar; however, this time I've brought some pieces of new furniture and thrown a couple old pieces away. I think I'll stick around for ten days before entering the 4th floor. Of course I'll need something new to bring with me to that floor and leave another piece behind. Reinventing oneself can be a real challenge but it brings excitement to your life as well.

I was running a little late this morning working on some computer concerns, but it's so nice to see the support and I hope it provides eagerness and encouragement to anyone working toward this goal that it is achievable and it feels damn good! Who wants to race to the top with me? :racer:

I'm pondering my 3rd floor addition to carry with me to the 4th floor. I did add cardio exercise in yesterday to rotate with my yoga...ouch, ouch, ouch...but I need a mental addition which I haven't exactly pinpointed yet. Each stage of the journey should come with healing and working through things or the mud as RC calls it that has contributed to our demise into the hands of an enemy.imo

YOU are all so sweet to rally behind me. As I've stated, 'we can all do this together'.

Love you all,

Slay
              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

A song for 30 days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDeBcpLITQ[/video]]James Brown "I feel good" lyrics - YouTube
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay...so good to see you this morning! What? No, I haven't heard the news...you say WHAT?? Today is 30 DAYS SOBER???????????? 30 DAYS? THAT IS HUGE!
                  On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, I hope you'll accept this small token of a BIG job!! Here, my dear, is your major award!!!! :goodtime: We are all so proud of you. Every single one of us know how hard this hat is to achieve...night after night of mindgames and Voices. But you put into practice all the stuff available and EARNED your bonnet! Well done, Slay! Very well done....Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey gang,

I have been kinda laying low these last coupla weeks, but today is my 1 month anniversary! I also gave up the cigs 3 days ago, which is HUGE for me. This site has been invaluable to me and though I don't post very often, I do read your words of wisdom and take them to heart. Thank you all for sharing yourselves; you never know what little 'treasure' will be found in some small thing you say...I am coming to see, this is how we do this...:thanks:

All the best, P
                    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1467821 wrote: Good Morning one and all!!!! .....

I was running a little late this morning....
                      There she is!!
                      Congratulations my friend on 30 days AF! :goodjob:
                      I know that this past month has had its share of challenges... but you have faced each one, and every single time you have emerged stronger & more confident. That's the sign of a true warrior.
                      Thank you for allowing me to share your miraculous journey... it renews my gratitude of how our sobriety is so precious & worth the fight.
                      Congratulations again! :l
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Slay, Congrats on your 30 Days...:kudos:! Feels great, huh?!?

Very, very happy for you!inkele:
                        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love you, Angel! You have been such a great asset and friend! :l:h

Thank you, Byrdlady. :l to you for your week of struggles with ornery people.

You bet, Perse. I think you said it was 30 days for you? CONGRATS! Feels great...huh?!?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1467833 wrote:
                            I have been kinda laying low these last coupla weeks, but today is my 1 month anniversary! I also gave up the cigs 3 days ago, which is HUGE for me.
                            A big congratulations to you Persephone! I hope you do something very special for yourself today...
                            celebrate you & all your hard work!
                            I also have to congratulate you on quitting the smokes... that's a tough one too. I have quit both as well, so i know what you're going through. When things get tough, just remember all the healing that you're doing for your body, mind & spirit. Be patient & gentle with yourself... there's a whole new life on the horizon! :rays:
                            AF 6 years
                            NF 7 years

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS ON 30 AF DAYS SLAY & PERSEPHONE:goodjob:

Glad I stopped back in on my lunch break
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1467844 wrote: Hey Slay, Congrats on your 30 Days...:kudos:! Feels great, huh?!?

Very, very happy for you!inkele:
                                Slay, I'm sorry! that came out wrong, I didn't mean, huh? as in a Big "?"...I meant Feels great, doesn't it?!? Didn't mean to schmuck up your Congrats! figures...lol! I am VERY happy for you & appreciate all that you share. :h

Comment

Working...
                                X