Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Persephone1;1467855 wrote: Slay, I'm sorry! that came out wrong, I didn't mean, huh? as in a Big "?"...I meant Feels great, doesn't it?!? Didn't mean to schmuck up your Congrats! figures...lol! I am VERY happy for you & appreciate all that you share. :h
    LOL!!! I said the same thing back to you! How funny is that? We're even and it gave me a good laugh. You have a great day.

Thanks Lav...any success feels great. I'll take it all in and store it up.

Everyone have a safe and AF day.

Love,

Slay
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whoa!! Slay and Pers!!! Huge CONGRATS on thirty days!!!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh wow, huge congratulations to you both Slay and Persephone!
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1467821 wrote: Good Morning one and all!!!! Thank you all for the congrats on my 30 days AF. :l As fin puts it, I've made it to the 3rd floor...
          YOU are all so sweet to rally behind me. As I've stated, 'we can all do this together'.

Love you all,

Slay
          Slay, you usually post before me and I noticed you weren't here or on the rollcall yet.

I definitely wanted to post to you before going out 'scrounging' with my friend (we love resale shops and thrift stores), though, and so had to do it early.

You want to know what is really cool? I had NO DOUBT that your being late had nothing to do with AL and so I did not hesitate to assume that you had successfully made it to the 3rd floor and it would be ok for me to post my note before you checked in.

I know we both can do this - THIS TIME!

Have a great 30th AF day! - NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

May I also offer my congratulations to Slay, Persephone and Dottie!

Way to go Dottie on your full moon! We all love you and know how much you've been through this last year.

Slay, I'm so happy for you. You are an amazing and inspiring person and you give so much of yourself to this nest and our whole community. I can't believe the fortitude, strength and determination you have shown in the face of some incredibly difficult circumstances. And how many scary things you have walked through. We are so lucky to have you and I feel priviledged to know you. Hope we will both be here for years to come.

Persephone, congrats on your month AF! Great going on the cigarettes, too. I stopped smoking recently but caved on day 5, due to a very stressful couple of days. I figured, better cigs than a drink. I plan to quit again in the next day or two. Have already bought my e-cigs, to help. And I have some nictotine gum, as well.

It's funny, my craving for cigs was actually more intense than for AL. It would just go on all day, day after day. It didn't come and go like with AL. I was actually reduced to tears of frustration on several occasions, which never happened with AL. I had quit (cold turkey) for over 20 years, but took it up again a few years ago, in my desperate attempt to substitute anything for AL. Then I found I now had two addictions! I hope to be joining you very shortly on the cig quit.

Everyone else, have a great and alcohol free Saturday!
            AF since 12/2/12
            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Persephone!! Holy Cow!! I turned around for a minute and them BAM! Here you are with 30 days, too! On behalf of the Newbie's Nest, I hope you will accept this small token for a big job!! My lady, YOUR hat! :goodtime: This is a monumental achievement in our world...may this be the first 30 days to a lifetime of sobriety and kicking AL's arse!! Well done to you! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1467799 wrote: Congratulation NOSUGAR & SLAY. You are my heros.

Thanks PINECONE & RUNNING COURAGE. Your greetings mean alot.

It IS so great to wakeup sober on a Saturday. Friday/Frinight was a AL until passout routine for a long time. Ahhh, feels good
                Thank you, TheLast Straw.

I agree that Sober Saturday Mornings are one of the biggest delights. It is amazing how much longer weekends become when you don't drink.

I liked Slay's idea of making a change at various milestones so I decided this time to go with a new avatar that reflects (actually says right out!) the way I'm feeling right now.

I hope you and the others in the nest are enjoying the weekend! - NS

Byrdlady;1467895 wrote:
                Persephone!! Holy Cow!! I turned around for a minute and them BAM! Here you are with 30 days, too! On behalf of the Newbie's Nest, I hope you will accept this small token for a big job!! My lady, YOUR hat! :goodtime: This is a monumental achievement in our world...may this be the first 30 days to a lifetime of sobriety and kicking AL's arse!! Well done to you! Byrdie
                I just saw this -- Congratulations Persephone!! I seem to be able to keep track only of people I see on the roll call everyday and did not realize the extent of your success. I am so happy that you are remaining AL-free and moving upwards and onwards!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

**Cross~post, funny!**
                  NoSugar! I didn't see earlier (sorry) that today is your 1 month anniversary too! Congrats to you!!! :yougo:

You're words of encouragement and wisdom have helped me since I first came onto this MWO scene. Much appreciated and wishing you a wonderful day of Celebration!! :naughtfeet:

(BTW, Love your new Avatar! )

Congrats Dottie on YOUR FULL MOON! Hope you treat yourself as well....:wd:
                  "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all, just back from a very long hill walk today in the snow! 100 days yesterday, it snuck up on me! Well done to all, a good few 30 days I see!!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1467920 wrote: Hey all, just back from a very long hill walk today in the snow! 100 days yesterday, it snuck up on me! Well done to all, a good few 30 days I see!!
                      Nice job.....100 days!
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1467920 wrote: Hey all, just back from a very long hill walk today in the snow! 100 days yesterday, it snuck up on me! Well done to all, a good few 30 days I see!!
                        Congratulations, Moni!

I hope that by the time I reach your heights (of being AL-free, not climbing hills!! ), not drinking will be so natural that I, too, could have a milestone just sneak up on me rather than having to keep my eye constantly on the prize!!

I'm impressed also by your commitment to outdoor exercise. I like to exercise but I am a big baby when it comes to snow and being cold! I'm happy that soon we will be heading into spring!

- NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sober22113;1467564 wrote: This is day 2 for me and I had to fight hard to not go buy a bottle of wine tonight. The craving began around 4:00 while I was still at work. Weird but it was like there was a taste in my mouth that was longing for a drink. After work, I went to the gym and did an intense spin class. Felt really good. Then I had to run to the grocery store. I had to avoid looking at the alcohol aisle. I literally had to turn my head and tell myself no. Went home, had a bite to eat and watched some tv with my kids. I felt very proud of myself. Only thing is, I have gone this far before. I have even gone a week or two AF but I always break down and drink again. I hope I can really carry this through this time.
                          Sober - Good job on making it thru day 2. Keep posting and reading here. For a few days the need will be physical and intense. My throat actually hurt and felt tight wanting a drink. This forum will definitely help, you will see. Read lots and get hints from other people's posts. You can do this if you really want to.
                          AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Moni,

Happy belated congratulations on your 100 days! That is amazing. You are an inspiration to all of us. Have a great day and hope you celebrate with something special for yourself. You sure deserve it!
                            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Sober!

The first few days are, no doubt, very difficult. Spend some time reading back over the posts on Newbie's Nest so you can get to know us. Keep posting so we can get to know you. That way, when you are having a difficult time, you will feel connected to us and feel comfortable sharing with us and letting us help you through it. We look forward to getting to know you!

There are tons of resources here, from the My Way Out book, which you can download, to info on meds, supplements, strategies for staying sober and tons of encouragement and support. There are people here from all over the world who are sharing what is working for them and what is going on with them. You will make lots of friends here and will no longer be alone in your struggle. So glad you are here!
                              AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the congrats! And Nosugar - I'm afraid my outdoor hill walks are few and far between really! They are certainly more frequent than the drinking days though.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X