Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

oh wow you people are helping so much, and a big thanks to that! I wish I didn't live in a state that allows beer and wine sales 24 hours a day everyday, the liquor stores close earlier that helps somewhat. All this reading on here is helping and hearing a lot have gone through this same problem im having makes it a lot easier as well. like they say time also helps, just the hard part is I feel the same as I did a week ago

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:Stay close and read lots. Together we can heal! :l
      Bobbyslife;1469179 wrote: oh wow you people are helping so much, and a big thanks to that! I wish I didn't live in a state that allows beer and wine sales 24 hours a day everyday, the liquor stores close earlier that helps somewhat. All this reading on here is helping and hearing a lot have gone through this same problem im having makes it a lot easier as well. like they say time also helps, just the hard part is I feel the same as I did a week ago
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! Good news as far as I am concerned. I had time to read last week, minimal time to post. So Sunday AM I wrote a post and my computer crashed. Now that it’s up and running, I find that my post was auto saved! So I am posting it. I want to contribute. Work has increased by more than x2, and I am so tired! And also in pain from my arthritis. I think it is my body adjusting to being on day 10! After all AL is an anesthetic that is metabolized as a carb. If anyone knows of solutions for these, I am open to suggestions.
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Happy Sunday Nesters!!
        Just reading over the last 12 hours on NN. This place ROCKS!! There is such honesty and immense, positive support, never any condemnation for having a lethal disease. I had just started with a new Dr. (having Medicare now after 8 years with no insurance) and when he realized I have alcoholism with abnormal liver enzymes, he was apoplectic! He went so far as to ask my sis-in-law if she drank/did drugs when she had a later appt with him.
        I am on day 9, and doing well. I can’t say I am so much craving, as realizing I have a habit. It’s as if my body just naturally reaches for the place where I generally had placed my wine cup. So now I am trying to always keep some tea or bubble water in that space. It wasn’t too difficult to walk past the wine aisle in the grocery store yesterday. I am eating like a pig, but healthy, & was surprised this morn to notice I have put on 3 pounds. Can deal with that later. Meanwhile got some ornithine to add to my MWO supps & baclofen & help my poor liver recover. Today is my baby brother’s (last of 8 sibs, I was first) 50th birthday dinner. Lucky for me he’s not into drinking! None of my family/friends know what I am doing.
        Runningbird, welcome and very well done! Coming here is the ticket to health and freedom. Sorry to hear about your brother. Your sobriety will help you to be there for him. Stay strong!
        Byrdlady, you are always an inspiration! Not only your sobriety, but your support to all.
        NoSugar, great job at the dinner party! I agree, one must want to change & to go through the discomforts that may involve. But change always involves discomfort, which is why we make changes! Also totally agree with your response to DD, so much is habit. Thanks for the real food recipe thread.
        Persephone, you are so supportive! I have found the hypno CDs to be really helpful . But I am not much of a videophile.
        Spiderwoman, Congratulations on your >2.5 months! Thanks for the BP info.
        Nursie, Congrats on your 7 days! We are in the same time frame for kicking AL. At least in your dream you knew to come back to MWO. That’s really positive. Sorry to hear about your friend, Stay strong.
        DD, great that you can post here & that last night’s surprise will hopefully not lead to a binge. Staying focused is a large part of the answer IMHO. One of the teachings at Centerpointe.com is you get what you focus on. After years I am finally starting to make that more of a reality for me with the help of MWO.
        Be Well,

Jenn
        The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes....Marcel Proust

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all and thanks for being there for me yesterday. I was having a particularly bad day. Things seem a lot better today.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennifire, so glad you were able to grab your note!! It was a good one! You are doing great...

Moni, what a difference a day makes. I try to preach that you won't have 2 bad days in a row...if folks can just hang on to the next day, things are almost ALWAYS better!

Stay strong...you will never regret not drinking!! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

New here

Hi,

I'm new here.

I've been dry for 8 days now but finished my last bottle at home a few days before that. Have only had a glass of wine with a meal in a restaurant since then.

I have been toying with the idea of drinking only when I am out. What do people think about that?

Best

CB

Comment

Newbies Nest

ChilliBird;1469244 wrote: Hi,

I'm new here.

I've been dry for 8 days now but finished my last bottle at home a few days before that. Have only had a glass of wine with a meal in a restaurant since then.

I have been toying with the idea of drinking only when I am out. What do people think about that?

Best

CB
                Welcome and well done.
                I found when I modified my drinking I quickly fell back into old habits and would find myself drinking at home again within a week or two. Everybody is different I guess, it just never worked for me. With me it's all or nothing.
                Well done on 8 days :goodjob:

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome to the newest newbies Bobby, Dayum & ChilliBird!
                  Glad you decided to join us
                  Make sure you download & read the MWOL book from the Health store & look thru the ever growing https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help you make your plans. Stay close to the nest for lots of support

Greetings to everyone tonight!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

ChilliBird -
                    I meant to mention that I would not consider drinking any AL until you've completed your 30 days AF! A lot changes after 30 days with no alcohol. In my case I decided to remain absitinent & am glad I did
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all
                      just checking in.....this recovery business is really slow. You have to be patient. I don't have the urge to drink these past few days but I have this feeling that something is missing. In my search for what that is, I am finding that I am dealing with emotions I have not dwelled upon in years. I am psychologically sick, I think, and my mind is trying to heal.
                      So, I don't want to drink, but I feel like I have this hole that needs to be filled up.....it can be quite exasperating but that feeling is so much better than a hangover!!!

And tomorrow will be 30 days for me! The second time around....
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

day one is harder each time you do it.

Hi All,

Day one is tough. I don't know if it is mental or physical. But I feel pretty crappy.
                        This is the time of day I would be taking my first drink...
                        Glad there is no Alcohol in the house. I poured it down the drain this am.

Just checking in

rednose
                        All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Newbies Nest

rednose
                          great job pouring the crap down the drain.....
                          This too shall pass
                          stay strong:h
                          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chili, welcome!! You've landed in a great spot. Going 30 days AF is the best plan of action there is. It is a telling time...as we can all atest! Tell us what has happened that has you here? You can't tell us anything we haven't seen/done/thought....

Jenni...I'm in the hat closet getting ready for you. To say this is a journey of self acceptance/discovery is an understatement. There is a LOT more to quitting drinking than just quitting drinking, isn't it? Who'da thought....but once you get thru to the other side, it is so worth it. That hole will begin to fill in with all the good stuff you've been missing and glossing over. The best is yet to come!

Rednose...do whatever it takes to get thru this day....well done on dumping out the poison. That is a major thing for us! Very proud of you, I know that's hard to do.

Baby it's cold outside! Lav, keep Stella's beak-warmers on! It's fowl out!!!:H xo, B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Red-
                              Good job pouring the alcohol out. I can't even tell you HOW many times I went home at lunchtime and poured out my remaining beers...determined that I would NOT drink that night. It took a long time for it to click, but click it did! It can happen for you too. Take it one day, hour, minute or second at a time. We are here for you! :h

Welcome Dayum, Chillibird and Jennifire! Chilli, I agree with Lav, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of moderating right now if I were you. Get some solid alcohol free time under your belt and let your mind clear. If there was a way to only drink a little, sometimes, I am sure one of us would have figured it out by now! If you CAN do that, you are probably a normal drinker and wouldn't have ended up here. Keep us posted on how you are doing!
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, wow things are moving really fast in the nest. Welcome to our new nesters.
                                Not feeling too great throat hurts cold coming on. Dreary day raining here.
                                My wife and I are on better terms we both want the same things. I'm very encouraged feeling emotionally better today. I can see how drinking would make this so much more depressing. I thank God for my new friends here in the nest! Thanks for all the kind words, and encouragement. Day 22 now feeling positive!
                                Take care everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X