Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

These cravings just unbearable, just cant stop thinking about it and I know that darn rum will help. I just keep reading and reading as I barely have enough energy to get out of this bed or appetite due to all that alcohol I been drinking for a week straight. Drinking from morning to when I could either fall asleep or pass out. thanks that I found this site and with all the great people giving me support!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in!
      Welcome to all the new nestlings.
      I had an ok day but my husband's ex wife really pissed me off. She's crazy but she still just makes my blood boil. I don't know why I let her get to me so much. She's such a bitch.

Anyway, just a so so day, but I'm home, sober and sane! Gonna unwind with a cuppa tea and some MWO before I head off to bed.

I love this nest (((hugs)))
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife, hang in there man. Do something to keep your mind busy for one minute at a time. Clean the sink, do some sit-ups, cook a meal, count ceiling tiles, look at you tube videos....the cravings pass, every single time.
        You are here with us, and all you have to do is make it through the next few hours and then you can go to bed. HANG ON!!!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Bobby, try googling "urge surfing." That concept really helped me out in the beginning.

Another trick you can do is just go to bed early. You can't drink if you're asleep.

They are only thoughts, and they are not even YOUR thoughts. They are the addiction's thoughts. The more times YOU win, the stronger you get.

Also, I really think you need to focus on eating and staying hydrated. It sounds like your body has had a rough week and needs some TLC.

Hi Rednose, I just want to send you some support too! I'm glad you are back here with us.

Moni, congratulations on your 100 days! It was always all or nothing for me too. What a relief to be done with that!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

BOBBIESLIFE, hang in with us. When we think of ourselves, in the nest, as one united entity, we realize we are all in this tree together. We all love each other even though we don't ever meet in person. We nest here because we have all been through the same rough road. Different places, characters, and events....but we all know what we have all gone through with the evil AL. Kick AL to it's butt and don't let it take you anywhere.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

BOBBIE, Start with a nice glass of water.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby....stay with us and you'll never have to do this again...I felt flu like the first several days...it's your body detoxing. A craving only last a few minutes...you can ride it just like a surfer rides them on a surfboard....get above it...don't let it take you down....you've almost got Day 1 done. Hang in there!! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All, Sorry I am so sparse. Dang Ipad and nosy kids. DH away and kids in bed with me reading over my shoulder.

I have a nice warm mug of oolong tea......yum. Making a big pot of tea so I can pour a quick refill when I need it is a good substitute. I kind of need that sort of ritual. I think i would have been a great smoker!

Bobby, sorry u r in ao much pain. AL is not the friend u need. U r letting her win if u let AL take over your life. Get mad. Get in shape. Lift weights. Do positive things. Someone new will come along but not if u are in the bottle.

Got to get lesson plans together for some classes. And do some cleaning. So thank you all for being here...me and my tea are all tucked in.

Comment

Newbies Nest

BOBBIE, yes, what Byrdlady said. If feels like deathe warmed over but that feeling goes away. It REALLY does. I actually thought I was sick each time I tried to quit AL. That was way before I found this site. Then when I knew, from the testimonies of our beloved nesters, that the sickness feeling does go away I was able to continue. It was not knowing what would happen to me that always stopped me from stopping continuing with the evil AL. ewewewe gives me the creeps just to think about it.

Hang out in the nest. Someone will be around if you just hang here.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yogamom, what is that saying? Living well is the best revenge! So true. Good to see you going strong! Keep up the great work!

Don't ask me why, but I follow Charlie Sheen on Twitter. If he was ever ON the wagon, he is most certainly OFF it now...his drunken tweets last night during the Oscars were appalling and sad. I guess it takes an ALK to spot one....what a shame, he has talent, but like so many others is being overtaken by addiction. It's a bitch. Wouldn't it be something if HE joined the nest??? Yikes....WINNING! (Not)
                      I don't wish addiction on anybody.....

Have a safe night nesters!! Hang in eva'body! B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1469297 wrote: BOBBIESLIFE, hang in with us. When we think of ourselves, in the nest, as one united entity, we realize we are all in this tree together. We all love each other even though we don't ever meet in person. We nest here because we have all been through the same rough road. Different places, characters, and events....but we all know what we have all gone through with the evil AL. Kick AL to it's butt and don't let it take you anywhere.

-S-
                        TLStraw,

What a nice sentiment! I have Van Gogh's Blooming Almond Tree as my background on my tablet. I love this painting and think I will envision us nesting in just that tree! I wish I could figure out how to put photos in the body of a post so I could show all of you.

-NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

BYRDLADY, that would be something if he would come to the nest and felt better and ditched AL and helped others. How awesome would THAT be?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

NOSUGAR, that would be awesome!!!!!

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nesters...doing a quick pop in to say thank you to all of you for the amazing words of wisdom and encouragement. I will touch on this later as I am EXHAUSTED and want nothing more than my warm cozy bed. Welcome to all the newbies. Good to see you back rednose!!!!!!!!
                              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                              ~Author Unknown
                              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all , your right If I don't stop the drinking I am letting her win. And right with who wants a guy that's always looking for alcohol. I knew it would take time, but that time I spent with the Alcohol was so much easier, maybe I need some preoffesional help. I cant stop thinking about her and having major anxiety.

Comment

Working...
                                X