Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Bobbie - Yay - day 1 done! You done good!
    Runningbird, Jagman, Rednose - great to see you all getting started. Good for you!!!!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
      Off to the nursing home to visit my dad...depresses me not end but I dont want him to think I have abandoned him. Will be glad when we can move him closer to us..May I hope...
      Raining and yucky here today...

Slay I left an abusive marriage long ago and I have never regretted it. I will be thinking about you and know that I am holding you for support.....

Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Bobby - I'm proud of you for making it through Day 1 and not answering that phone call that you KNEW would upset you and make you want to drink. Half the battle is identifying the triggers that lead us back to the demon Alcohol. It's not always easy, but it does get easier over time, I promise! Like Byrdie says, if it stayed this hard forever, none of us would succeed. So please take some comfort in knowing that all of this will get easier. Time really does heal. Stay close to us.

A craving never lasts as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before.

Lav - Keep Stella warm and give her a hug for me :h
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am trying so hard , wow what a wonderful amount of people that I can share my feelings with.
          Its been day one so I thought I would clean my house and get rid of anything that reminded me of her. So it must be she is staying with this other man since the phone calls are either coming from him or her, yes they are all triggers , sometimes make me want to do stupid but not trying to get into any trouble, so I ignore the phone calls. I am almost 36 years old never been through I know what would be some form of some verbal harassment by either him or her. All these years I ask myself what did I do wrong, I did the manly thing and provided and she deceided to go out many weekends and as soon as I asked her about it , things went downhill, who calls their girlfriend of almost 5 years at night and she had her phone on vibrate but I noticed the vibration and saw the name. and she was just shocked. that just wants me to drink to relieve the thought of that. she claimed it was just a good friend of one of her friends. She always used to have her phone on and then silent . that should have been my clue. Thank You all for even reading this. Just hating what is going on and those cravings are calling .

Comment

Newbies Nest

I understand Bobby. Relationships are very hard. I drank AT my ex-boyfriend for years (when we were together). It was just easier to get drunk and forget about him. But I'd wake up the next day with a hangover and he'd still be there. I couldn't drink enough to make the problems go away. Be a bigger person than your ex and her new "friend". They are being very childish by calling you...what's the point of that? By ignoring them you will deflate their fun. Keep hanging in there...each time you beat the alcohol demon, he gets weaker and you get stronger!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 thank you much , you understand the hurt. I will not pick up that phone since is what they want me to do. I just ask why , I know this may sound stupid did you have this new friend. those craving are calling hard today , its like she knows im going through this and the phone calls and calls from him are just part of the hurt they want me to feel or is it a man thing , I think sometimes "I got your lady now I will let you know" either way it sucks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! I was MIA last week due to work and travel. But I wanted to check in and say I'm still here and still motivated. I don't have time to catch up on the thread today but I will make time tomorrow. I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful day and to let you all know that you were in my thoughts last week! Take care everyone! :l
                Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Needed some company. Trying to stop drinking after periods of sobriety and utter hell.

Currently in hell, doing my best to wean off the drink, again, for the millionth time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mattty :l

:welcome: to the newbies nest. You will find TONs of support and great advice here. We have all been there! Why don't you try to read back a couple of weeks and take a peek at the toolbox (see the link in my signature line). Take care of yourself today. Get plenty of water and good food. Rest! Read and post! We are glad you found us!
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

You lot are great, it's so helpful to know we've all been beaten up by alcohol, and we are all trying to beat it together. I'm looking forward to remembering going to bed for once!
                      Just texted my best mate to say our curry and beers night will just have to be curry. Living in GLASGOW not drinking can be seen right up there will ballet dancing!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome Jagman & Matty!
                        Glad you both decided to join us in the nest. Please ask if you have any questions & be sure to download the MWO book from the Health store here on the site.

Bobbyslife, I am sorry about your girlfriend, etc but you can't let her continue to control your life. I understand your pain. My loving husband suddenly ran off after 37 years....what a shock that was but I decided I wasn't going to drink, wouldn't have changed anything anyway. Sometimes we have to look for these little blessings in disguises

MS, good to hear from you. I was actually thinking about you this morning!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jagman! Ballet dancing!!! :H:H:H
                          I don't know what it is, getting sober or getting older (perhaps both) but I couldn't care less what other people think about my drinking or not drinking. This spills over (drinking joke) into other areas, too, but especially drinking. Now that I feel more normal, I see that the only folks who even notice it are the heavy drinkers!! And let's face it, they're prolly gonna have to deal with this sooner or later. The LEAST of my problems is what other people think of my not drinking! So take heart, my dear newbie! You are going to have a wonderful change of attitude in the coming weeks! Lav calls it Lav-i-tude!!!! I like it!

Welcome Matty!! We all know the AlcoHell that you are referring to. Been there, got my @$$ burnt to a crisp, and came out the other side! You are in the right spot if you are ready to beat this crap!! Please take a look at the Tool Box below, Star may have already mentioned that, sorry to repeat, but everything you ever wondered is in that spot!! It's a collection of years of experience ....tips and coping skills to help you! We are so glad you found us!

I'm going to go over to Twitter and see if you can leave messages for people like you can on Facebook. If so, I'm going to invite Charlie Sheen!!! Isn't that nuts??! Wish me luck! We need some Tiger Blood around here! Bahahaha....

Sure miss Kuya...I hope her break is over soon! We need you! xxxoo, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jagman;1469666 wrote: You lot are great, it's so helpful to know we've all been beaten up by alcohol, and we are all trying to beat it together. I'm looking forward to remembering going to bed for once!
                            Just texted my best mate to say our curry and beers night will just have to be curry. Living in GLASGOW not drinking can be seen right up there will ballet dancing!
                            :H:H Aye, maybe. But there's Weegies that dinna drink too

Go on - blaze a trail!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm a newbie. I am already overwhelmed by the wealth of information and love I have experienced here. I'm more of the wretched binge drinking sort. It's day 3 AF for me, but the real test will be day 7-10 when I think it's time for my weekly "treat." (ugh)

I am going for 30 days AF and probably 60-90, but will take it one day at a time for now. (Although 90 days makes more sense given my pattern). Glad to be here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1469676 wrote:
                                I'm going to go over to Twitter and see if you can leave messages for people like you can on Facebook. If so, I'm going to invite Charlie Sheen!!! Isn't that nuts??! Wish me luck! We need some Tiger Blood around here! Bahahaha....

Sure miss Kuya...I hope her break is over soon! We need you! xxxoo, Byrdie
                                Byrdie - if you were on twitter the tweet world would not know what had fluttered in and fandangled them! And Charlie Sheen would be a very luck guy to get a tweet from the Byrd.

Yep... I miss Kuya too. Loads.

Comment

Working...
                                X