Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ljean, I was looking thru the Tool Box just a couple days ago and I am amazed at the wealth of information in there. Really and truly, everything you'd need to know to get sober is there in one form or another. I'm glad to hear that it is helping you, too!

Bobbys, you hit the nail on the head...drinking is only a temporary fix, it's like fixing a flat tire with a stick of dynamite!! You get rid of the problem but you create a whole new set of worse ones! It sounds like your ex and her new friend have AL problems of their own. Either that or they are immature/cruel beyond belief. I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with that. I try to look at it like this...everybody has extremely difficult times in his/her life...and it's your turn. You will get thru this just like we all do...and stronger for it. There are people out there that can make you truly happy...what you are doing now is putting the foundation in place to make a new life for yourself. I bet in a month from now, when you get your hat, you'll be in a 100% better frame of mind...Life is better without all the drama!!!

Tuck on in nesters, it's nasty weather outside!! Go eat something!! Hugs to all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the beautiful green hat and all of your well wishes!!! I feel great today...but tomorrow is another day....I can't forget that. 30 days is a milestone but is really is just the very beginning for me...
      I couldn't do it without your support and encouragement!
      Welcome newcomers!! You are in the right place
      :thanks::l
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you to all Just here going nuts as to what too do the phone calls have become from 1 a day now to about 4 just received the last one , I tried to block their number but I use a landline and the phone company says I can only block private callers. I just ignore but darn it each and every call makes me want to grab that bottle to numb the pain but I know I would pick that phone up and say something if I were drinking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1469876 wrote: Thank you to all Just here going nuts as to what too do the phone calls have become from 1 a day now to about 4 just received the last one , I tried to block their number but I use a landline and the phone company says I can only block private callers. I just ignore but darn it each and every call makes me want to grab that bottle to numb the pain but I know I would pick that phone up and say something if I were drinking.
          Bobbyslife ... can they at least be flagged to the police as harassment? Or do the calls have to be threatening before they will consider that? Are they leaving messages?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 going well

Hi To you all. Day 2 is going well for me so far. I am going to a new exercise class tonight to see if I can wear myself out and get some sleep tonight.

Hope you are having a great day.

Will check in Later

rednose
            All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Newbies Nest

I tried they have to be consecutive calls or threatning and then they told me their hands are tied unless they show up and I don't know how to record a call. Frustrating , I know they just want me to pick up the phone. she and her "new friend" must have something to say to me you know how bad the cravings are when this happens, just awful one bottle of rum and I may consider to pick it up . I do not consider myself as one to have "liquid courage" just I don't want any trouble , any my options are thin and its making it worse to my sobrierty not to mention the depression. im thinking if I drink a few more days I could wipe these thoughts away. Oh so dumb of me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

rednose;1469885 wrote: Hi To you all. Day 2 is going well for me so far. I am going to a new exercise class tonight to see if I can wear myself out and get some sleep tonight.

Hope you are having a great day.

Will check in Later

rednose
                It is great to hear you sounding healthy and optimistic!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone!

Bobbylife, just don't drink because you know it won't serve any positive purpose. Drinking will just keep you in your present hell & you want out, right?
                  Busy your mind, busy your hands with something else. Take your focus off of this girl, apparently she's a loser - let her go. You & your sobriety have to be #1 right now! We are here for support but I think you knw that!

Hello & welcome ljeanner!
                  Glad to have you with us as well

Greetings to everyone on this busy nest day/evening!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

bobbyslife: I can tell by your posts that you are so much better than they are. Rise above their despicable nonsense. The best way to get revenge on such hurtful behavior is to IGNORE and move on. Start something new in your life. Maybe take up running? Do something to take your mind off their crap. When they see you "don't care" (even if you don't, act like you don't - actions speak louder than words) they will stop and feel like the idiots that they are.

Maybe check out an AA meeting. I totally understand why people are not really into AA, but I find it very comforting to be able to meet other sober people face to face who I can talk to...or not....and it is empowering somehow, to hear other people's stories. I can't really explain it.

Anyway, I hope you are doing ok and keep yourself in the nest for a while.
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

turn the ringer off. If it is important, the person will leave a message.
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rednose: exercise is the best idea!!! Let me tell you, I have been hitting the gym everyday and each day brings new sore muscles I never even knew I had! But, each day I feel a little bit stronger, a little bit leaner and a little bit happier! I don't know what I would do without the ability to exercise....what a great stress reliever.

Hope to hear from you on your Day 3.
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi,
                          Just joined and having trouble with my computer....took me over half an hour to logon...now I am stressed and either need to go to sleep.... hide in a dark hole...or ...no not going to say it went to the doc this morning and got naltrexone....hope it and this forum help. You guys seem really great will talk tomorrow....not going to turn my computer off so wont get glum hopefully
                          Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome Maibaby!
                            Glad you found us. Please settle in & make yourself comfortable

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so silly did not realise I had to go to the last page....hours of entertainment over that one...my daughter is killing herself laughing I have never done forums so no idea.....feel so much better
                              Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maibaby;1469949 wrote: I'm so silly did not realise I had to go to the last page....hours of entertainment over that one...my daughter is killing herself laughing I have never done forums so no idea.....feel so much better
                                Maibaby
                                Welcome Maibaby.......MWO is the first forum that I have ever participated in as well.....I was a mess at it the first couple of weeks, hell I still am:H Just stick with it you will get the hang of it and if you have any questions about how to navigate it just ask.
                                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                                ~Author Unknown
                                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X