Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

BYRDIE! Did you see it? Did you see the post? On the Roll call thread? Did you?!?!?!

Star.... she got 150 days. ONE.....FIVE.....OH.

Star - you are your namesake. You are a shining exemplar of a star. Oh yes!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1470272 wrote: im am trying . its like all of you are my family right now byrdlady, rednose, K9 , almost free, sorry if I forgot all of you, but anyone who has even took the time to respond or read my messages. I thank you all of you every day in my prayers. I have a neighbor who I told him about since he asked what happedn to your lady. He is a very religious man and told me he would stay with me , and he wants to see me flush the alcohol in the drain. This is a 70 plus year old recovering alcoholic and he told me while I was at work he did see a unregonignized truck into my driveway. must be that other man. He wanted to pray and I did . I just wish he would have told me earlier about this other guy. I have not received no phone calls and I told him about the people I met on this site. U may know how hard it it is to tell a person about computer stuff at 70 years old. it just wasn't their back then. I am getting to the point of of seeing alcohol is that just that temporary fix. I thank you all for listening to me and maybe if I cant respond to your own problems please give me a chance to get sober and I will give the advice whatever is needed back.
      Hey Bobbyslife.....I can hear your pain in your writing. You know as well as I do that nothing good is waiting for you at the end of a bottle. I think that it is great that you have such a kind neighbor that is reaching out to help you. Just think the 2 of you could help each other....you could return the kindness by showing him a thing or two about computers. :H. I know that you are experiencing a lot of pain and heart ache right now, and at this moment in time is is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I encourage you to focus on yourself, don't let your circumstances define you. Negativity is like cancer to the human spirit. How about making a gratitude list.....there is always something no matter how big or small to be grateful for. Rise above the meanness of your ex and her new friend.....pull yourself up by your britches, dust yourself off and start living your life alcohol free. It is an amazing journey, one that does not come with the guarantee to be easy all of the time, but boy it sure is a journey that you will never ever regret!
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, I didn't see Star's 150 days up in lights!!! Hells Bells! What's the prize for this FEAT???? You got any ideas? Are there any chicken parts we can use??? Thanks for bringing this to my attention! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for the help yall! now its just her texting my phone and asking for this and that. I am trying my best to not go to the liquor store to numb this pain and dnag it you are all in my prayers since u have been great help. ZIf I can pull it throught tonight. I took the phone off and now its my cell phone. It seems I am going out of my mind for some girl who left me after 5 years.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:flyingunders:

This is the very first award of its kind. The Flying Underwear Award for 150 Days of Saying NO to AL!! Here's to a lifetime of always knowing where your underwear are!! For knowing what you did the night before! AND for all the good things you do in this nest! We are so proud of you, Star! Well done! Our hats are off to you! (but hopefully, not our underpants). XXOO, Byrdie
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobby, go grab your neighbor...watch a movie or something...anything to get your mind out of this neverending loop. It's a bitch...but you gotta try and break the thought pattern you are in. You can do it!! Can you get movies on cable or do you have some you could put in and watch again?? B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1470399 wrote: :flyingunders:

This is the very first award of its kind. The Flying Underwear Award for 150 Days of Saying NO to AL!! Here's to a lifetime of always knowing where your underwear are!! For knowing what you did the night before! AND for all the good things you do in this nest! We are so proud of you, Star! Well done! Our hats are off to you! (but hopefully, not our underpants). XXOO, Byrdie
                Nice choice of emoticon Byrdie. :goodjob: In delight and appreciation at Star's achievement, I just threw my undies off and... oh... hang on you say that we hopefully will NOT take our underpants off. Ah. Um... Right.... sorry folks.... let me just go grab my undies from across the room there... there we are.... just slipping into me undies here... that's it.... nothing to show....heheheh.... right, I'll be off then...

(Well done again Star )

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running...I took a look-see thru all the emoticons and noticed that this one had never been used (that I could recall). No sense wasting it....what did you have in mind? Now that I have the visual of you running around your flat without yer skivvies!!! I have MINDBURN!!! ehehehe!! Thanks for the laugh, RC! I needed that! You are priceless! B

P.S. I was laughing at your joke, NOT at you runniing around without propers on.
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys,
                    Well I stuffed up I drink in the day normally used to start on the way home from work by buying half a dozen then it continued from there until dinner by which time I had about 6 beers then dinner and crash out as soon as I could was never up after 8.30. I have three daughters so not a good look...especially if I couldn't resist that bottle of red wine "for dinner" then would find out in the morning I had abused my husband. The worst thing I said to my kids was they were f..g lazy so not too guilty there...but I never remembered any of it. Hardly ever got a hangover so on again the next day Yesterday was day four and I was very excited and got to 6.30pm.......5 beers later I was wondering why the hell I wanted to give up because I was having a ball. No abuse ...no red wine...but am kicking myself mentally as hard as I can this morning. Unfortunately no hangover so starting again is going to be willpower today and naltrexone. God I hope it works because I have 1 beer left in the fridge it's only 9.30 am and I want it so badly (( It's even going to be willpower to go get my script filled instead. I hope I crawl out of my hellhole soon but the door seems very far away !
                    Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

ljeanner

ljeanner, I replied to your fantastic dream on the Dream Warriors Thread.. I know it shook you up a bit.. However I classify this as a fantastic dream over all and learning experience for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

just checking in..being accountable
                        feeling very tired on this rainy windy cold night. Need to cart the boys to their activities after I feed them and then I plan to curl up with my laptop and watch Homeland...Got it from Netflix....if I was drinking, I would never be able to stay awake to watch it...or if I did watch it while drinking, I would have to watch it again because I wouldn't remember it.
                        So stupid! Anyway, loving this sober life today
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, earning those amazing flying underwear alone is a reason to stay sober! Never mind all that much better quality of life business!!

Congratulations, Star, and thanks for all you do to help those of us who are eagerly following behind you!

Love, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                            Got to the gym before the snow started...I am so darn tired of the cold and gloom...but the gym should help me sleep..I have good nights and bad nights...but better than drunk sleep if you can actually call that sleep...
                            Love the new award...it is too cold here to shed any undies.....maybe some fur lined skivvies???
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maibaby....try and get some rest and let's start again tomorrow. You will find stopping cold turkey is 100 times easier than trying to 'cut down'. For us there is no cutting down, it's all or nothing. At least that's the way I was. Stick close to us, and be sure to read all thru the Tool Box.

Jenn, so good to see you and hearing about your success! Well done, lady...
                              DD, keeping busy with our weird dreams!! You are kicking butt, too....
                              Hang in eva'body~! It IS worth it!! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is just too damn funny! :H:H:H. I LOVE IT. Congratulations Star!!!!!!!!
                                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                                ~Author Unknown
                                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X