Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congratulations, Star. And on behalf of those of us who don't labor like you do in the nest, thank you. You picked up the role with such grace and generosity. I'm sure there are tons of newbies now that you have nurtured along.

:l

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star-congrats! I can't wait until I get Flying Underwear too!

Hello Everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters! Again just a quick note, but I did get some strength from here today just by reading a little bit. I haven't usually been one to just lurk or not post, but right now that's what fits, so thank you for being here. Special thanks to FA, too! She rocks! I was hearing voices today in despair...what's the use, who cares, just one, why try...you all know that defeated voice of why the hell not when you've taken a beating by life. Well, a little reading here and some great support from FA and you get the strength to turn your thinking around and walk away from those thoughts. It's like the Beatles tune..."I get by with a little help from my friends." Let's add get high on life!

A big hug to Almost Free, Jenn, Perse and anyone else I may have missed that offered special thoughts. My mind is a bit clustered. It really does make a difference when you note someone's difficult times. It puts a ray of light right down the center of the darkness that may be present for someone.

Keep fighting the good fight even when you don't feel like it because things get better. Sometimes we just have to be patient with the process and grit our way through it.

Love,

Slay

P.S. - Congrats Star! You are a Star!!!
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay, thinking about you today, good to see your post. Holding you close in my thoughts...Hang on in there. I heard those dam voices a million times...like that song says, "smiling faces tell lies" that's what those voices are doing. Listen to us! We won't steer you wrong. All you gotta do, is get thru this day. Hugs to you....B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my, oh my!!! What a nice surprise at the end of such a hectic day!!! Wow, everyone- I am absolutely speechless about my flying drawers!! I couldn't be any more proud!! You have all seen me bare butt so much, I bet ya didn even know I had any undies.
            Today has been so busy at work that I barely had time to check in but I plan to catch up tonight. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes and to Byrdie for the prize! I can hardly believe that I am coming up on five months. Wouldn't trade it for the world. And am so glad y'all are coming along with me! We are doing it!!
            Xoxo star
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haven't cried for Years

I keep posting because it's stopping me going to the fridge but I just want to cry and cry and cry because I am unable to alter my situation without totally disrupting my family. I dont know when I last cried....my mum died when I was 13 and I spent the next few years crying and screaming at her in my mind every night until I was so exhausted I decided never to cry again because I couldn't live in that terribly hopeless place. I remember banging down the walls never to open them again until my children who I feel free to love with all my heart
              I was drinking a bottle of brandy in the morning at 20 gave up for 2 years but after that just went hell for leather...I have huge issues with my husband who is also an alcoholic but I have always been in the position of looking after him as motorbike accident after being with him a year...then psychological issues related to that...then cancer, leukaemia....he is in remission..but a very difficult person who has harmed me alot emotionally....consequently I cannot see an escape hatch for myself. Sick of feeling sorry for myself have to go he is back. He does not know I have joined this forum and I don't need the stress!
              Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star - you are one to aspire to....I never thought I would want flying undies but that is my next goal!!!!
                Byrd, you are so thoughtful!!
                Stay strong everyone...it is so worth the fight!
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

maibaby
                  we are here to hear you!! keep posting and know we have your back....I can totally relate to your pent up and repressed emotions of childhood...just keep writing about those demons along with the AL demon and I would bet they will fly the coop for good!! Keeping everything bottled up (including your tears) will not make them go away...they will just fester and do you no good. Stay strong and close to the nest no matter what.
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maibaby,
                    I too never cried and I only felt real love for my son, stepson and dog. I learned really early on to hide my feelings. I've been sober since 12/12/12 and I've shed a bucket of tears. I know that I'm so sensitive and I just covered it with alcohol. I bet many of us here are the same.
                    You've got a safe place here so post when you can and breathe.
                    kronkcarr

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Jenniech,
                      Thanks so much....your support makes me want to cry too but in a good way not used to support thanks for caring...god now I am crying my husband will think I've lost the plot if he sees me...
                      Maibaby
                      Just saw the last post from kronkcarr...thankyou I see you know part of me...i breathe often
                      Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope is anew. My niece just went into labour and I will be a great auntie for the second time! Just wanted to celebrate a wee new life.

Maibaby and Kronkcarr ... I had a good cry last night, which was a great release. I grew up acting like a big toughy all the time. The most sensitive of us often do, but we know it's just an act. Crying can be good soup for the soul.

Cheers and hugs to you both, LJ

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                          Slay, hang in there, we got your back!
                          Maibaby, get rid of the alcohol in the house. I could never be sober in a house with alcohol. If you really want this to stop (and I know you do), you have to decide to make this healthy change for your family. Maybe your husband can join you for his health too.

I had a long day at work, then came home to make dinner. Honey mustard salmon, asparagus, sweet potatoes and salad. I helped my step daughter with her mid-term paper, and also managed to finish my own homework!

I feel like I have more energy now, and I'm less snippy and impatient, so I am emotionally available for my family. They all seem pleased.

Have a cozy night in the nest everyone. And don't steal my covers! lol
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Brydie! :l:h

Edit: You too, Nursie.

You all are a good group who deserve a better life than what AL can give you! I love to see all this support for one another. It is so heartwarming!

Love ya all. Keep on fighting!

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay.... inkele: I have no idea what this elephant is really doing but to me it looks like she is exercising.....which builds strength. So I am sending her to you as cyber strength. A little silly but wanted you to know that I am thinking about you!
                              "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                              ~Author Unknown
                              AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Nesters - so much going on here

I just finished up 6 very busy hours watching my grandsons & I am totally exhausted!

I congratulate all who are making progress & encourage everyone having troubles to please hang in there with us. Make your sobriety the #1 thing in your life, everything else will improve as well.

Congrats on 150 Star & the flying undies

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X