• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Maibaby;1470881 wrote: the last straw,
    Where do I find it?
    Maibaby
    The tool box? Probably in general, or starting out. Someone else help!!! It's somewhere, MAIBABY
    -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maibaby, go to Byrdies last post and click on Toolbox in her signature line.
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maaibaby, what DAISY said.
        -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

You crack me up....I was the sole bookkeeper for three multimillion dollar companies...did everything financial up to end of year which the accountant finished off...saved my boss $100,000 one year the next $25,000....last year I quit in August to give myself a life....i did not cause the drop my bosses irresponsibility and lack of concern about work did...they couldn't even be bothered coming in after a while i took care of everything...got sick of making excuses for him and making myself look incompetent it was hurting my ego! I am an OCD bookkeeper it has to be perfect for me...numbers are! So I quit telling him it was for my health. I had been there eight years he was horrified! It was for my health and my families health problems...just haven't fixed me yet!!!
          Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

You crack me up means you make me laugh in Oz language!!!
            Maibaby...just in case

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maibaby;1470889 wrote: You crack me up....I was the sole bookkeeper for three multimillion dollar companies...did everything financial up to end of year which the accountant finished off...saved my boss $100,000 one year the next $25,000....last year I quit in August to give myself a life....i did not cause the drop my bosses irresponsibility and lack of concern about work did...they couldn't even be bothered coming in after a while i took care of everything...got sick of making excuses for him and making myself look incompetent it was hurting my ego! I am an OCD bookkeeper it has to be perfect for me...numbers are! So I quit telling him it was for my health. I had been there eight years he was horrified! It was for my health and my families health problems...just haven't fixed me yet!!!
              Maibaby
              WOW!!!!
              Wowwiezowwie

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAIBABY, did you find the toolbox?
                -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nah not yet....not really wowie zowie nothing to show for it...blew it all on alcohol...couldn't wait to get to the bottleshop after work....
                  Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1470873 wrote: Mein...I am curious...did you go to your meeting with the intention of drinking or did you fall after you got there? This information is critical to us...to learn that we blow our quits long before they are blown. Like Daisy's byline says. I am curious, what got you? You can also tell me to pound sand and it's none of my business! If your answer helps one person then it's a good thing. Glad you are home! Byrdie
                    Wow, Byrdie, FA asked me about this in a situation I went through. We certainly do lie to ourselves...that part of us can't be left to it's own devices.

Maibaby,

.alot of "adults" don't want a talking relationship just a controlling one.
                    That's a mouthful! Control seems to be central in a lot of issues. What is the serenity prayer all about? What does fear prompt us to go after? Control, the Dr. Jeykll Mr. Hyde...
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay,
                      I have had people try and control me all my life....it only makes me behave badly ....I try to see all people as people worthy of respect...children,animals every living thing deserves respect and the space to learn control about themselves is their journey not mine to force on anything or one
                      Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenn...you say all that and I drank. Yeah! Recently I have been getting to know someone on this board and going through my history and it's crazy to think with what we've witnessed or experienced as a result of our own drinking that we would drink or continue to drink. I read my own words and think, WOW! We really do lose focus on reality.

Very well done looking forward. I thought, hmmm...sounds like booking a trip to hell! Gee, let's go?
                        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finally got an end date out of my manger...my last day is April 26th. She asked me if I wanted to go to lunch or have cake in the open area on our floor so I said cake....this way she has to be nice to me....and say something nice.....LOL....pay back????? Oh well I will miss some of the folks I work with but then again there are others I will NOT miss...
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maibaby;1470903 wrote: Slay,
                            I have had people try and control me all my life....it only makes me behave badly ....I try to see all people as people worthy of respect...children,animals every living thing deserves respect and the space to learn control about themselves is their journey not mine to force on anything or one
                            Maibaby
                            Your response reminds me of something I saw today.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2066262=7467-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Strong and in Control;1470857 wrote: Wow. I don't know that I would risk going out to a club with a bunch of drunk colleagues when I'm dealing with my own alcohol issues. That was pretty daring!
                              Daring or dangerous? For me, it's dangerous. I've made it through a couple temptations this cycle, but I don't want to push it. I'm happy trying to stay clear of it until I gain more strength and time between me and destruction.

Hang tough, everyone. Nite.

Love,

Slay

Comment

Newbies Nest

YES YES YES.....I had forgotten....someone told me that not long ago but I had forgotten...I love it..want to tell my story but so scared to share....writing will make it real also dont want to bore anyone have never spoken to this many people and don't want it to go away
                                Maibaby

Comment

Working...
                                X