Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone, I've been lurking for a few days, and have felt great comfort in knowiing that there are lots of other people who have my same problem....i tried to post already & got some message that i couldn't, please tell me you see me now......i'm really f'd up & need help....

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hello2::colorwelcome:

Hi Universal,

You've found a fine place to start in the Newbies Nest.

Read and read then read some more. SHOUT if you're struggling.

There a lot of good kind people here.

Get a feel of the site. You'll soon find names becoming familiar. I hope yours becomes one too.

Be kind to yourself. Let us know how you're getting on.

PM me anytime.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Love Jackie xxx
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

A very busy day in the nest - that's great

Welcome usvi - your posts are coming through now. Please let us know what we can do to help you get started. Have you read the MWO book yet & made your plan? You can download the book right here on the site from the Health Store (on the top of the page). Stay close, do lots of reading!

I had a great first day of October, hope you all did too!
        Wishing everyone a safe, comfy night in the nest, see you tomorrow
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pffffffffffhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nope, I haven't sprung a leak... just deflating here. My g/f didn't make it up to my place. Because her new man didn't want to drive his car down a gravel road. Errrrm... I don't think this is gonna work, no. :no:

Oh well. Other than THAT.... it's been an ok day. How about everyone else? Mermaid, I looked for you in chat - PM me (or JC, or any of us) if you need to know how to get there.

Sooty, you're too busy! We barely see you anymore, you fly by so quickly! And, hello and good night to JC, Lavande, Finding, Witchy,Tranq, Beagle (where are those love birds?), oh.. and Caysea... don't see you popping in here very often! Very much enjoyed our chat earlier, thank you!

Night lil feather dusters!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

old soldier. Isn't it great to have choices? Glad you're appreciating the rewards!

Mermaid, welcome aboard! There are plenty of good people here, and lots of good advice in all the forums. Don't hesitate to ask any question that's on your mind.

October? What the heck happened to September? Cold and wet here today - Sorry Beag'ues weather's not cooporating with the picnic plans. You can fax me over some pad thai when it's ready though. I have to pickup Lav and Sunni on the way south - maybe we could workout a triple-date - Tapas make for a fun party.

Sunni, gravel-road-phobia huh. That's too bad - his loss.

Trix - It's always bittersweet to visit old haunts and catch-up on old pals. But that's the life we chose for a while; now we're lucky to be able to choose again. It is quite an awakening. It's gotta be great to hang out with your pals and stay af - I always struggle with that part. But I've been drinking a lot of ice tea/lemonade too.

Starting to get a little snoozy here. Have a good night all.
            'nite Beag'ues. xxox
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All!
              Well I don't really have much to tell,but have been busy anyhow...does that make sense?Still going okay and feeling good. Upping the fitness thing now and feeling the benefits!
              Will hopefully pop in later tonight for a better post..as have to go feed the old horse before I pick up the wee chicks from Day Care!
              Want to say an all encompassing hello & welcome to all the newbies and a big Hi & wave to all the....oldies!(Don't abuse me..eeeekkkkkk!)
              Will be back soon,
              Chicken
              *clucks happily to you all*

Comment

Newbies Nest

does anyone have any ideas about exercise, I find everything so boring, I am so unfit, I can only do tiny bit's anyway, I have started riding again, which is brilliant, but I want something I can do a little bit of everyday, ideas anyone?
                Twitch

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tawny!

I owe you a PM! I'll get round to it shortly XXX

Exercise = swimming always calms me down and is relatively simple to perform! I spend a lot of time floating rather than swimming but the 'exercise' bit comes in when you have to swim to the side to get out! Gardening is good too. I've got 3 allotments that need digging in the next few weeks so I'm expecting a few aching muscles and a few pounds off the hips Also very therapeutic. I hate doing exercise that has no 'purpose' to it - waste of time. You wouldn't catch me on an exercise bike :H

Morning everyone else. Thanks for your inclusion of me in your messages ... I feel priviledged .. HONESTLY :h

Trix XXXXX

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!

Tawny- I've discovered the benefits of Wii Fit! Its great for those times when you only have 10 minutes here or there! My main problem at the moment is my two wee chicks don't like me concentrating on things other than them. So they help me do a bit of wii and we all have fun. Good thing is you can pick it up or put it down as you need to (something that happens constantly for me). my exercise happens throughout the course of the day!not a concerted single event!

Other good thing is with this and the Wii sports you are having a bit of fun,not noticing that you are exercising and also developing other skills! All a bonus to me! I still walk and swim and hydrotherapy etc, but this is great to slot in for the other times!

Hey Trix_i'm with you on no exercise without purpose..but the Wii is just like having fun!:H
                    Tranq- yeah-I blinked and a whole month just dissapeared! jeez!!!!!!!(by the way you and Beag's seem pretty keen... guess that beach party will be happening! Should I go looking for more slugs?
                    On that note, hubby took me out for lunch and it was very nice! Had a Surf and Turf..yummo!

Sunni- who you calling a Little Feather Duster! I am a fully plummed duster thankyou VERY much!!!
                    Lav- sometimes this type of work has it's benefits huh! The human side!
                    usvi- welcome and settle in! It's a cosey lil nest here! Here, you can share my twig!
                    Finding- hey you! how you travelling?
                    Sooty-where you at girl?

Guess I'll shut up now! (except for one last *cluck*)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters, sorry i haven't been around much Sunni but I've been pleased to be busy cos it keeps me on the straight and narrow - something about idle hands ... can't remember it now!
                      That's bad news about your friend, husband sounds a wimp if you ask me.
                      Chicken I've been around and looking for you you cheeky chook - it seems like ages since I saw you!
                      Tawny I enjoy the wii fit too but I'm not sure how many calories etc you burn cos if you're like me you spend most of the time laughing at yourself, but it is good fun!
                      Welcome all new nesters, pull up a branch and make yourselves comfy. Going to take the dog for a walk now, see you later
                      Sooty
                      Lav your weather sounds like mine today so I'm going out before the rain comes!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!
                        Okay I've been here for a wee bit now, but still don't know how to get into 'chat'? HOw in heck do I do it? Help would be 'deeply appreciated!
                        The Chookster

Comment

Newbies Nest

ChickenNumber3;727573 wrote: Hey Nesters!
                          Okay I've been here for a wee bit now, but still don't know how to get into 'chat'? HOw in heck do I do it? Help would be 'deeply appreciated!
                          The Chookster
                          Hi there
                          Click on the Live Chat option between user CP and Blogs on the menu panel just above. Then choose public chat in forum web page or in new window (I prefer new window so you still have the forum open also) Hope this helps.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Someone's listening!!!! Thank you all!! I needed to know that....
                            My post that failed yesterday was about how lurking this forum made me realize that AL has been in my life for 32 years!! My father was a severe alcoholic who died young at 64, he had a stroke & the last time I saw him alive, he was in a wheel chair drooling & it was his birthday....my Dad's mom died from lung cancer & continued smoking next to her oxygen bottle.....and I continue to abuse myself knowiing full well I'm headed for the same fate. I've reached my limit....I have to stop...it's eating me up....I'm scared, I'm scared of not having good ole' AL in my life, because I know I can't moderate, it has to stop......
                            Unfortunately, I can't order anything from the Health Store because it doesn't recognize my USVI billing address....so I guess I have to call & I hate the phone...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mermaid

**my Dad's mom died from lung cancer & continued smoking next to her oxygen bottle.** My mum's dad did the same thing and my mum is also an acoholic. I think we pick up these patterns from family and also genetics plays a part. I remember when I started drinking 'seriously. .. I thought "I can drink SO MUCH BETTER than my mother, be better behaved and 'handle it' without upsetting family members and my life etc." Total load of codswallop obviously.

I too got to the 'crisis' point before I gave up a couple of weeks ago. I'd really reached the point of live or die. I have a small son that spurred me on to stop for good.

i would say don't be scared, be excited! The scary thing is the first couple of weeks when your brain is telling you one thing and your heart is telling you another. The physical effects of going cold turkey aren't exactly pleasant but no worse than a hangover. The headaches can be managed with painkillers and plenty of water. The sweats will go away eventually and your brain slowly but surely tunes in to a new routine and stops sending you all the old familiar messages about reaching for a bottle at a particular time or after a particular event.

HONESTLY, you will feel absolutely great after a couple of weeks and this gives you the strength to carry on, rediscovering what you've been missing in your life whilst you've been drinking.

You can always 'trick' your brain into saying 'this is a trial period only, I'll give up for a month' (or a couple of weeks etc) and then take one day as it comes. I think there's a thread called ODAT (one day at a time which is really supportive.

People are really nice here and there's always good advice on every aspect of giving up/moderating alcohol.

Stick with it Mermaid. There's an exciting future ahead of you

Trix XX

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mermaid, its normal to be scared but pretty soon you'll be feeling so much better you'll wonder what you were scared of!
                                Trix is right just take it one day at a time - or one hour. I find that if I'm struggling I say that I'll see how I feel in 10, 15 or 20 minutes and usually the craving has passed and I'm ok. Give it a try and see if it works.
                                I can't stay around tonight but will be on and off here over the weekend
                                All the very best to everyone
                                Sooty

Comment

Working...
                                X