Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey TLS up the hackers....know where you're coming from...tomorrow facing all sorts of repercussions I caused today I assume!
    Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

ljeanner;1470949 wrote: Oneredshoe, your dad is watching over you! I know mine is. I am so sorry your lost your dad. He was young. My dad was only 51 when he died. I too believe in fate. I recently received a pretty powerful message from the beyond from my dad this week as well. Congrats on your successes so far, and what a way for the universe to send you a little extra incentive to make to your 30 days AF! Hugs, LJ
      ljeanner.....I am sorry you lost your Dad as well. Isn't it amazing how they watch over us. I love it, it brings me comfort. I would love it if you would like to share the message you recently received, if you don't want to I completely understand. Thanks for the congrats on my success so far.....I NEVER EVER want to go back to the hellish alcohol fueled life I was living in. Forgive me for asking....I may have seen it somewhere but don't recall at this moment, how far along are you?
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

STRONG, I am not notoriously encouraging, but you are doing a good thing. Hang in there. Let the "good voice" do the talking.
        -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAIBABY, Let us know how it turns out tomorrow. We will give a hearing ear.
          -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thankyou
            Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

I go beddy bye, now. I get up early, huggs to y'all
              -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night Night nice person
                Maibaby

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe;1470977 wrote: ljeanner.....I am sorry you lost your Dad as well. Isn't it amazing how they watch over us. I love it, it brings me comfort. I would love it if you would like to share the message you recently received, if you don't want to I completely understand. Thanks for the congrats on my success so far.....I NEVER EVER want to go back to the hellish alcohol fueled life I was living in. Forgive me for asking....I may have seen it somewhere but don't recall at this moment, how far along are you?
                  It brings me comfort too. It came via a dream via a crystal he had given me just before he died. It's actually in the the dream thread that DimensionDrifter started (cool thread!). Here is the link if you are interested: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...t-6-73596.html

I am Day 5 today. I was sober for 9 years and then started drinking again about 9 years ago. I am more of a binge type drinker, but it's still been devastating nonetheless. Done with it again for good. How about you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mai- I am shocked by the amount of trauma in your life, but I was thinking why not make a list just as long of the good things.... Surely there are some even if they are tiny .... It may help you on this journey to start counting some blessings too?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Damn good idea Ican! I am going to steal that idea and do one for myself this weekend. I finally got your username. hahahaha. I like it. Hey, what do you think about my starting a gratitude thread for newbies? I was thinking about it yesterday but I got so busy I forgot. I thought it might be nice for all us new folk to also think about the blessings in our day to days?

Comment

Newbies Nest

That would be great- LJ- I'm working on becoming more positive and kind to myself so let's

Comment

Newbies Nest

Really missing kuya and Tess hope all is well

Comment

Newbies Nest

ljeanner;1470987 wrote: It brings me comfort too. It came via a dream via a crystal he had given me just before he died. It's actually in the the dream thread that DimensionDrifter started (cool thread!). Here is the link if you are interested: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...t-6-73596.html

I am Day 5 today. I was sober for 9 years and then started drinking again about 9 years ago. I am more of a binge type drinker, but it's still been devastating nonetheless. Done with it again for good. How about you?
                            I will definitely check out what DD says about your dream. Binge drinker....mostly the weekend warrior type, but after my Dad passed I found my way into either a bottle of wine or 2 or a 6 pack maybe 8 beers anywhere from 4-5 nights a week sometimes more on the weekends which usually led to a blackout. Yep it sure is devastating......I am done with it for good as well. Nice job on day 5......I think on 7 you get a hat or a moon or something like that. I am going to go check out the dream warriors thread now.
                            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                            ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

That is a really good idea ICan.....I have a friend that keeps a huge mason jar on her counter, each day she along with her kids right out something they are grateful and put it in the jar. On New Year's Eve they go through the jar to look at all the blessings in their life and then at midnight they start a new jar.
                              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blackouts suck. I never want one again. Okay, I am going to start the thread and say that the three of us brainstormed tonight! I have a "god" jar but I've not used it for blessings in my life. That is a good idea too.

Comment

Working...
                                X