Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I just remembered another great quote I actually have framed and displayed in the entrance way of my home.....I LOVE THIS ONE!

"What I do with today is very important because I will be exchanging a day of my life for it."

~Anonymous
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Star, and thanks for the last PM. So nice of you to take the time, for me and also for those in the newbie's nest, especially when it is clear you are exceptionally busy right now. Thanks!

Onered, I do have a place on my computer where I save great and inspiring quotes. I know from experience that I can never find them again by scrolling back. The thing I long for the most is to be back home. I have been in a foreign country for over a year, now, and separated from my husband, because he has a job and can't take off major time to try to rescue our youngest.
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 6 here

Quick checkin. Day six is here and I am still AF.
        Trip got all screwed up so I cackled it. Long story
        But it pissed me off but I did not drink. I went to
        The gym and worked out till I dropped.

Just want to say I'm grateful for today and six days AF

Rednose
        All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Star, and thanks for the last PM. So nice of you to take the time, for me and also for those in the newbie's nest, especially when it is clear you are exceptionally busy right now. Thanks!

Onered, I do have a place on my computer where I save great and inspiring quotes. I know from experience that I have a hard time finding them again by scrolling back.

Unfortunately, most of the things that give me peace and happiness are in the past. Looking over the kids old school projects, photographs of happy events, happier times and people who are no longer here......all the happy things seem to be in the past. I kind of feel that the future doesn't hold much happiness for me, just a better ability (without AL) to deal with the inevitable trials of life. Better get out of this depressing mindset, or I will soon be crying in my beer!

Congratulations Rednose, tomorrow you get your 'full moon'! Way to go!
          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1471731 wrote: Hey, Star, and thanks for the last PM. So nice of you to take the time, for me and also for those in the newbie's nest, especially when it is clear you are exceptionally busy right now. Thanks!

Onered, I do have a place on my computer where I save great and inspiring quotes. I know from experience that I can never find them again by scrolling back. The thing I long for the most is to be back home. I have been in a foreign country for over a year, now, and separated from my husband, because he has a job and can't take off major time to try to rescue our youngest.
            I have not had to live in a foreign country for that long, I did 3 separate one month stints in Thailand, well I guess that could be considered more of a "vacation" but I know how awful I felt be that far away from my family. When you say separated from your husband do you mean because he works away from home? I don't know much at all about schizophrenia, if you would like to talk or share I am all ears. I do however know the absolute "lost" and "helpless" feelings that a Mother feels for a child when you feel as though your hands are tied. I will be around all night long and will continue to check in often if you want to chat.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Onered, so nice of you.

I have shared about all this in the past, but my husband had to go back home because he has a job. He has supported me while I've been here, trying to get our youngest through all the court, bail, hospital stuff and back on his feet. His 'episode' involved property destruction, arrest, and hospitalization. He was delusional. They just basically released him to the street, in the middle of winter, all med-ed up, not knowing where to go or what to do. He had no one to turn to and was on the street.

I've spent the last year, helping him meet all his court, bail, medical appointments, getting the charges dismissed and him off the horrible meds and on his feet again. Things were going really well, until he moved out and stopped taking his niacin, which had kept his schizophrenia in check.

Don't know where it's going to go from here. My husband will be back here in the next few weeks and wants me to return home with him. He has delayed this for weeks, until I feel more comfortable leaving. Still waiting for a miracle......

He won't take our son back with us, as he feels that he has just sabotaged a years worth of major effort and expense, only to send us back to square one, because of his refusal to cooperate.

I feel a little uncomfortable posting about this because this is an alcohol forum, so don't want to take up too much space on this issue, which I did in the past. Just filling you in.....thanks for offering to listen. I appreciate it.

p.s. my last post got posted somehow when it was only partially done. I just discovered it when I re-posted, and deleted it.
              AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost free......sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I must have missed the other posts, I saw the one from earlier this morning that's why I asked. You are not taking up space, this is cyber space and I think it is limitless.
                Wow you sure do have a lot on your plate. "Tough" love is something I learned from my Grandmother, she is one of the wisest people I have the pleasure of knowing. My stepdaughter got into similar trouble, DUI at 17, in which she resisted arrest and threw a cell phone at the police officer, caught drinking again at a school function, broke her "parole"at 18 when she drank while on an alcohol monitor that was attached to her ankle from her previous DUI, got caught and arrested for shoplifting, oh the list goes on and on. She was just straight up defiant and her Mom and Dad kept bailing her out of trouble. When she landed herself into trouble AGAIN calling and begging for help we had all decided that enough was enough, we had all put our finances on the lines for lawyers, not to mention our time and energy....tough love came into play, and we did nothing but support her emotionally when she finally came to her senses, she is still working 2 jobs 3 years later to pay off her lawyers fees and court fees and fines, it was the hardest thing I had ever done to not rescue her, she says now it was the best thing we ever did for her.
                Tough love almost free, you have done all that you can do at this point, it is now up to him. I know it is awful, but you will get through this. Everyday holds the possibility of a miracle, I truly believe that.
                ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey rednose............

Glad you were able to control your thoughts...............I too am not far behind you.......day 5.........we can do this........keep smilin and staying in touch............
                  You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are right, Onered. I have heard that from others who have been painfully driven to tough love. I guess it is one of those things you have to finally realize on your own, when you find yourself back against the same wall, over and over again. The mental illness issue has made it even harder than it would otherwise have been. How will he be able to deal with things like a normal person when he becomes delusional? It was a miracle to find such an easy fix, why can't he just take the damn niacin!?! I guess I am finally at the point where there really is nothing more I can do. I do dread that moment when I have to turn my back and go home. My worst fear realized......no escaping it, apparently. Only another miracle......I can only pray......

Thanks so much for listening.....need to run out for a bit.....back later....take care.
                    AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1471762 wrote: You are right, Onered. I have heard that from others who have been painfully driven to tough love. I guess it is one of those things you have to finally realize on your own, when you find yourself back against the same wall, over and over again. The mental illness issue has made it even harder than it would otherwise have been. How will he be able to deal with things like a normal person when he becomes dellusional? It was a miracle to find such an easy fix, why can't he just take the damn niacin!?! I guess I am finally at the point where there really is nothing more I can do. I do dread that moment when I have to turn my back and go home. My worst fear realized......no escaping it, apparently. Only another miracle......I can only pray......

Thanks so much for listening.....need to run out for a bit.....back later....take care.
                      I'll be praying for you as well......

Good Night.......
                      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

rednose;1471735 wrote: Quick checkin. Day six is here and I am still AF.
                        Trip got all screwed up so I cackled it. Long story
                        But it pissed me off but I did not drink. I went to
                        The gym and worked out till I dropped.

Just want to say I'm grateful for today and six days AF

Rednose
                        Hey Red....Nice job on 6 days! Sorry about your trip.
                        ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

columbia;1471760 wrote: hey rednose............

Glad you were able to control your thoughts...............I too am not far behind you.......day 5.........we can do this........keep smilin and staying in touch............
                          Hello Columbia.....nice job on day 5! How are you getting along with the tool box?
                          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Newbies Nest

day1 again but not giving up!
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chin up Daisy. We're all human and this is damn hard! Especially getting started again. Glad you are staying with us and not dropping out. Everyone who keeps trying is a winner in my book. Stay close and post when you feel the need for support. That's what we are here for. Hugs!
                              AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1471791 wrote: Chin up Daisy. We're all human and this is damn hard! Especially getting started again. Glad you are staying with us and not dropping out. Everyone who keeps trying is a winner in my book. Stay close and post when you feel the need for support. That's what we are here for. Hugs!
                                you have no idea what your words mean tonight! Just thank you!
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X